Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Perhaps you should just re-read these posts from Dante before even thinking like that. Plus it’s just her opinion that you can’t seem to just agree to disagree on and constantly put down her opinions on trivial issues any chance you get.
I know full well what she said. I hate how she always praises SCV, which is becoming a thorn to me. SCV's legacy is that it nearly killed the series, Okubo even saying as much, and she acts like it was worth keeping around. I know full well how anti-fanservice she is. I'm not "strawmanning", she outright said that she wants the fanservice scaled back just for her benefit. That ain't happening.

But yes, it seems we'll never reach an agreement so dragging this out is becoming tiresome.

It's because of SoulCalibur 5 that we are being tortured to this day.

We could have been on SoulCalibur 7 or 8 by now if that game didn't make the choices it did.

"Hurr durr I've got a small budget but I'll cut half the characters out and replace them with brand new models when it's more cost and time efficient to just keep everyone and build off it for sequel"

Because of Soul Calibur 5, Lizardman, Rock, Hwang, Yun-seong, Dampierre and Algol etc may never be in Soul Calibur 6. Many of these characters have been gone for over 10 years. We deserve them back!

(This is the nightmare scenario where Viola is the 4th slot and there is no Season 3)

I know full well what she said. I hate how she always praises SCV, which is becoming a thorn to me. SCV's legacy is that it nearly killed the series, Okubo even saying as much, and she acts like it was worth keeping around. I know full well how anti-fanservice she is. I'm not "strawmanning", she outright said that she wants the fanservice scaled back just for her benefit. That ain't happening.

But yes, it seems we'll never reach an agreement so dragging this out is becoming tiresome.
Generally, the most praise for SCV that I've seen from Dante are purely design-based. And even if that wasn't the case, getting as enraged as you do at her for saying anything positive about SC5 is real fucking childish.

And you act as though she's harrassing the devs and loudly compaigning for Soulcalibur to scale back the fanservice when all she's doing is innocuously stating that she wishes they'd do that.

Just do everyone a favor. Stop being a petulant brat crying about the Evil SJWs and stop picking fights with people only to later proclaim how "tiring" it is that an argument YOU started has gone on for so long. It'll make this hellsite a lot more bearable.

Hard pills to swallow: Not everything about SoulCalibur V was bad.

I realize, as well as anyone should, that SoulCalibur V very nearly maybe killed the series. But it wasn’t entirely the game’s fault, either. Who knows what the experience might have been if the natural disasters didn’t disrupt development, the game had been completed, and also was given post-launch support? We may never, but I believe it would have been looked upon far more favorably than what actually happened.

But we can’t forget that SoulCalibur V brought us a competent online system that actually worked, including the pretty amazing and sadly left out of SoulCalibur VI mode Global Colloseo, arguably the best incarnation of the series’ character customization to date, which SoulCalibur VI copied practically wholesale, and it also brought some movesets (and to be clear, before the anti-Patroklos and pro-Taki armies come down on me, I’m only talking movesets, not characters) that people are even begging to come back now, in dual axe Aeon, Viola, Patroklos, Natsu, and to a lesser extent, Z.W.E.I., though obviously it would need to be much improved if they brought his back.

There are likely more bad things than good things in SoulCalibur V, and I’ve never disputed that. But the good should be preserved, which it feels very much like, for the most part, Project Soul is attempting to do. The future is wild and unpredictable, potentially, but they have sown seeds that we will give the SoulCalibur V time period a second chance, with greater care, and that I look forward to. That is all.

Generally, the most praise for SCV that I've seen from Dante are purely design-based. And even if that wasn't the case, getting as enraged as you do at her for saying anything positive about SC5 is real fucking childish.

And you act as though she's harrassing the devs and loudly compaigning for Soulcalibur to scale back the fanservice when all she's doing is innocuously stating that she wishes they'd do that.

Just do everyone a favor. Stop being a petulant brat crying about the Evil SJWs and stop picking fights with people only to later proclaim how "tiring" it is that an argument YOU started has gone on for so long. It'll make this hellsite a lot more bearable.
Well sorry, I just don't like her saying such things. That's all.

Can we move on?

I had no idea that this was a thing. Maybe I'm way behind. They clearly have access to really old animation data, so they have no reason to exclude characters like Hwang.

Everyone kept saying Azwel was a necrid clone but he's a partial Spawn clone? lol

That's quite amusing seeing Azwel especially his axe stance taking moves largely from Spawn's moveset, guess Azwel has been with us the whole time. XD

To be fair, the Xbox version was the least played version of SoulCalibur II, so it's not surprising it mostly went unnoticed.

But yes, this is why the hope lives for Hwang and Li Long from SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition to eventually be resurrected.

Can we move on?
Deal with it. Dante even gives SCV the same amount of criticism along with the praise. Same goes for the fanservice. Not everything is going to be widely criticized or praised.

Even if you don’t agree with what others have to say about anything here, at least have some self control and respect others opinions, instead of being that of an elementary school bully towards them and trying to avoid taking responsibility for the things you start and say only to duck, turn tail and run away from it and blame others about it after people begin to chastise you for this. You’re giving Patroklos a run for his money with this type of routine. There I said it.

Anyway, that’s all I have to say about this. I’m done.

Back on the subject of character speaks native tongue, I wonder if Haohmaru will be the first character to do so, or if he will have an English voice actor.

Most defensively will have a English voice unless Samurai Shodown decides that SC only implements japanese voice only, bcus its their property and they want it to be represented in a certain way. We dont have to look that far for something like this to happen, just look a Gary the metrosexual fruitcake you can not customize him at all other than change outfit colors.

Well, bluntly, grow up. It's not your forum alone and it's frankly way out of proportion that you decide someone has become a "thorn to you" because they like a given game in the series a bit more than you do. Nor is she the only hardcore fan who thinks that particular game has some things going for it--are you going to go after all of them? Getting so emotional about such a thing and positioning yourself as some sort of enforcer on the topic is just not an appropriate way to relate to another member of the community. By all means disagree, but be reasonable about the force you say your peace with, and be more attentive to how you are representing others; you're still putting words in Dante's mouth, in my estimation. And needlessly personalizing the matter generally.

So the answer to your question is, yes, I'm sure we would all love nothing more than to drop the topic, but how likely do you think that is if Dante keeps saying "I believe X" and you keep saying "Dante believes Y and I shouldn't have to stand for it" immediately afterwards. If you want the topic dropped, then drop it. Don't keep being a provocateur and then acting exasperated when another round ensues!

Last edited:
I mean, she even cited Mi-na as though it were an objectively bad costume when it fits her character and is seen as her best by many.
R1fdEt3.gif

Perhaps you should just re-read these posts from Dante
Nyte doesn't read things. lol

It's time to settle this boob armour debate once and for all. It will be done the only way it can be done, using a scientific poll!

I would just like to note for the record that, of course, I was right. That thus far, in this iron-clad, legally-binding, and irrefutable poll, most people don't care. (Followed by people thinking it looks dumb.)

B90oMFvj_400x400.jpg

No need to thank me.

Last edited:
Back