Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Watching the new moves trailer at 0.25 speed, I noticed that Azwel summons Soul Edge in what appears to be his "entering SC move". What does that mean? Will he summon Soul Edge when fighting Nightmare, too?

Hard pills to swallow: Not everything about SoulCalibur V was bad.

I realize, as well as anyone should, that SoulCalibur V very nearly maybe killed the series. But it wasn’t entirely the game’s fault, either. Who knows what the experience might have been if the natural disasters didn’t disrupt development, the game had been completed, and also was given post-launch support? We may never, but I believe it would have been looked upon far more favorably than what actually happened.

But we can’t forget that SoulCalibur V brought us a competent online system that actually worked, including the pretty amazing and sadly left out of SoulCalibur VI mode Global Colloseo, arguably the best incarnation of the series’ character customization to date, which SoulCalibur VI copied practically wholesale, and it also brought some movesets (and to be clear, before the anti-Patroklos and pro-Taki armies come down on me, I’m only talking movesets, not characters) that people are even begging to come back now, in dual axe Aeon, Viola, Patroklos, Natsu, and to a lesser extent, Z.W.E.I., though obviously it would need to be much improved if they brought his back.

There are likely more bad things than good things in SoulCalibur V, and I’ve never disputed that. But the good should be preserved, which it feels very much like, for the most part, Project Soul is attempting to do. The future is wild and unpredictable, potentially, but they have sown seeds that we will give the SoulCalibur V time period a second chance, with greater care, and that I look forward to. That is all.

I said it many times, the roster choice was literally the biggest back hole of SCV, outside of that the game has done a lot of great things, great gameplay, incredible graphics for its time, the character design were overall super good (even tho some of the 3D model were poorly translated compare to their artwork), the first time a 3D fighting game has a legit netcode. And the stages transitions were pretty neat. I liked Zwei, and Aeon, Patro, and Pyrrah were cool too.

But it has also it huge fails:

- Roster choice, too many clones, and iconic characters replaced with less iconic ones. The real big problem of them game, and literally the reason on why so many hate this game that much.
- Allowing CaS everywhere in every game mode is another hug con imo.

- Roster choice, too many clones, and iconic characters replaced with less iconic ones. The real big problem of them game, and literally the reason on why so many hate this game that much.
If we had gotten Zasalamel and Talim as it seemed like we were supposed to, as well as maybe Astral Chaos Cassandra, and Kilik's role had been more fleshed out / he got his own moveset instead of being a mimic, and it would seem like Inferno should have been the male mimic, then that would have been huge all on its own, I think. And I know the kid clones of their parents get a lot of hate, but I truly believe that if they had full stories and background information then they'd have been less hated. Not not hated, just far less hated. And for the sake of argument, if they'd included Setsuka, Xianghua, and Taki alongside their compatriot clone styles, with variance, I know I might be grasping at a perfect world scenario that might not have been planned even, but if they did, then it could have been alright.

- Allowing CaS everywhere in every game mode is another hug con imo.
This I don't get, though. SoulCalibur IV already allowed custom characters in every game mode, including online and ranked. They had the special versus where the equipment on customs mattered for stats and abilities, but normal versus you could still use customization, just without stats.

This I don't get, though. SoulCalibur IV already allowed custom characters in every game mode, including online and ranked. They had the special versus where the equipment on customs mattered for stats and abilities, but normal versus you could still use customization, just without stats.
How is it that you don't get it? It's in the dictionary under "Hatred" where it says "SSfox's feelings towards CaS on ranked"

Welp i guess SC4 online was so unplayable so it was like a whatever for me at that time, i had like 30 minutes online in SC4 while in it i haven't played any of CaS, in SC5 i reached like 600 hours online play, so obviously the issue has become more exposed and clear.

How is it that you don't get it? It's in the dictionary under "Hatred" where it says "SSfox's feelings towards CaS on ranked"

LOL

And if you think i'm the only one who dislike it... Many people don't like they just don't talk about it often.

Last edited:
And if you think i'm the only one who dislike it... Many people don't like they just don't talk about it often.
Disliking it is one thing - considering it as one of the biggest flaws of the game is something else.
I mean it's all fine and dandy to not like it but considering that you bring this up on any opportunity and even place it next to SCV's cast cleansing as its biggest problems made me want to go a bit snarky with this comment

Disliking it is one thing - considering it as one of the biggest flaws of the game is something else.
I mean it's all fine and dandy to not like it but considering that you bring this up on any opportunity and even place it next to SCV's cast cleansing as its biggest problems made me want to go a bit snarky with this comment

Imo it's definitely one of the biggest flaw of SC right now, and so since SCV (SCV not 4 since V is the first SC with playable online).

Also don't get confuse, i don't dislike CaS, i dislike that CaS is in almost every (important) game modes.

I can't believe I just read through 15 pages of that trash.
2523919_0.jpg

Imo it's definitely one of the biggest flaw of SC right now, and so since SCV (SCV not 4 since V is the first SC with playable online).

Also don't get confuse, i don't dislike CaS, i dislike that CaS is in almost every (important) game modes.
Well the thing that I need to keep in mind is that it's mostly a subjective thing but - I would still recall the fact that CaS in all modes is mandatory since it's one of bigger selling points of the franchise at the moment and the community is way too small for it being divided further. But I am kinda repeating myself here.

Yea how dumb of me to not like the game that almost killed the series.
Actually what's dumb of you is attacking people who like anything about the game. I'd also say that your habit of wildly misinterpreting just about everything anyone says is pretty dumb, but I feel like you have to be doing that on purpose at this point because the shit you come up with goes way beyond basic misinterpretation.

No I don’t. I was just tired of Dante praising SCV, saying SCVI isn’t a reboot when it is, and suggesting SCVI be more like it, and that we’ll return to the SCV era one day. All of that goes beyond her simply saying anything positive about the game. Guess what? I got tired of it.

Also, notice that I happily dropped it until someone brought it back up again. Great.

Yea how dumb of me to not like the game that almost killed the series.
Not liking SCV is one thing. After all, there are plenty that didn’t but are able to respect others different opinions about it. Not liking SCV and attacking others who DO like it (or things about it) is a whole other matter entirely, which is what you have been doing here. Is your hate for one game in the franchise THAT deep to the point you’ll attack anyone who likes SCV?

No I explained my issue with Dante pretty well above you. I can respect someone who merely likes the game, but her? She takes it too far.

No I don’t. I was just tired of Dante praising SCV, saying SCVI isn’t a reboot when it is, and suggesting SCVI be more like it, and that we’ll return to the SCV era one day. All of that goes beyond her simply saying anything positive about the game. Guess what? I got tired of it.

Also, notice that I happily dropped it until someone brought it back up again. Great.
Except @DanteSC3 was stating a theory. You know, her own opinion on where SCVI will continue off of after this. She has by no means expressed it as a fact around here, and has always expressed it as an opinion. Not everyone agrees with her on it but unlike you they don’t go full on aggressive and confrontational over her theory/opinion about it. If you’re tired of the theory then just shrug it off and ignore it instead of just being:
55E13D2A-68BE-4FB1-A2C7-205927500424.gif

Back