Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Imagine all the bullets that will penetrate my fucking skull if PS goes-
View attachment 67933
Okubo meme.jpg

I hope the CAS packs have more new stuff in general. I mean, even Lost Swords managed to regularly deliver new stuff. You know that's bad when I'm citing Lost Swords positively. I just don't want so many recycled parts from past games.

im expecting more recycle than new parts tbh just like the past CAS items we got.

So I'm a bit curious since I see virtually no one talking about him, but how well received was Groh? Are there people who genuinely like him as a character?

So I'm a bit curious since I see virtually no one talking about him, but how well received was Groh? Are there people who genuinely like him as a character?
Some people like him for his fighting style and unique weapon, along with his “all business”
personality. But others have also criticized him for his over the top design, edgelord type of mode, and the Soul Charge portion of his gameplay. I personally don’t hate him but I don’t care for him either. Azwel however...me like.

Welp, I can no longer boot up Soulcalibur 6. When I try to start it, I get this:

An error occured while updating Soulcalibur VI (corrupt content files): D:(directory)\steamapps\common\SoulcaliburVI\SoulcaliburVI\Binaries\Win64\Soulcalibur VI.exe

I tried to verify the integrity of the game files, and while it did said it'll be reacquired, nothing happened. I'll launch the game, and I'll still get the message. Otherwise, I'm stuck on a "Validating" loop, with no file being downloaded.

Something tells me I'll have to reinstall.

I'll be honest; I think he is a cutie. Other than that he does leave a lot to be desired. In a way I think that his personality is endearing and his fighting style is unique. On the other hand I find it so lame that he wears an outfit that is the norm of the organization he is part of because I feel the devs took the easy way to not design an outfit that resembles more from the place he is supposed to be from. I mean, an argument could be made the same about Tira, but it is implied that her organization don't have a set uniform.

If I have to rate him it be around 7/10.

God no pls we already have Amy that fights like a squirrels on coke with spaming attacks like she has only i10 on all her moves .. oh wait SHE DOES HAVE i10 ON ALMOST ALL OF HER MOVES!!! pls just dont trigger my PTSD over Viola i already am struggling with comprehend Amy.
I was actually kind of made happy to at least see this how people see some Amy players.

Viola hype Kappa

Yeah, I don't think we're getting any news on the 19th. It's just another one of those Red Bull Gaming Sphere events that features the game, which we never got anything news-related from those.

I’m not saying that we are getting something shown at the event. But, Autumn’s translation seems to hint at a reveal of some sort: maybe CAS parts? Although, a Red-Bull event seems like an odd place to do that. Still, I welcome any reveal lol.

Maybe you got lucky and you primarily got matched against people who are close to you when you played SC4. I think that game's netcode is horrible, but it did work fine if you played against people who live very close to you. I think that's why Namco thought the netcode was good enough for release. They probably did all their netcode testing within their own country, and since Japan is a small country (as in the physical distance from one end to the other isn't big) the ping would never be crazy high.

If you ever get the chance to play SC4 online against the same person, and then SC5 or SC6 afterwards against the same person, I'll be very surprised if you don't notice a big difference.
I have a few friends I have played all three games against, and you are correct there's a big difference between SC4 and SC5, by the time SC5 was released the difference was almost like night and day when switching between the games. However, SC5 and SC6 are not the same either. I won't say SC6 is as bad as SC4 lagwise, but it is certainly worse than SC5. I wish they could have achieved the same quality for online connections in SC6 as in SC5. I also notice this generally when fighting people across the Atlantic, in SC5 it was possible to fight people in America and have most fights be pleasant, but in SC6 it's often way too laggy which makes Namco's decision to remove the region selection from ranked extremely questionable.

I like characters that have edgelord personality in general, but Groh is just too much anime, i don't hate him, but i don't care about him much either, he's my least favorite SC6 character, also look at his face model, you can't be more generic AF than this. In comparison i think Azwel is way much cooler. That being said he has interesting playstyle.

Welp, I can no longer boot up Soulcalibur 6. When I try to start it, I get this:

An error occured while updating Soulcalibur VI (corrupt content files): D:(directory)\steamapps\common\SoulcaliburVI\SoulcaliburVI\Binaries\Win64\Soulcalibur VI.exe

I tried to verify the integrity of the game files, and while it did said it'll be reacquired, nothing happened. I'll launch the game, and I'll still get the message. Otherwise, I'm stuck on a "Validating" loop, with no file being downloaded.

Something tells me I'll have to reinstall.
I'm probably just being overly paranoid as I recently had some worrying harddrive problems, but I suggest going to where the executable is stored and try copying and pasting it. Just to verify your computer is able to fully read the file. If that step fails, that's a sign you may have bad sectors on your harddrive. If that's the case, you should back up anything important you haven't backed up already, and then do a full scan for bad sectors.

I have a few friends I have played all three games against, and you are correct there's a big difference between SC4 and SC5, by the time SC5 was released the difference was almost like night and day when switching between the games. However, SC5 and SC6 are not the same either. I won't say SC6 is as bad as SC4 lagwise, but it is certainly worse than SC5. I wish they could have achieved the same quality for online connections in SC6 as in SC5. I also notice this generally when fighting people across the Atlantic, in SC5 it was possible to fight people in America and have most fights be pleasant, but in SC6 it's often way too laggy which makes Namco's decision to remove the region selection from ranked extremely questionable.
Are you playing SC6 on PS4 or PC? I'm pretty sure SC6 on PS4 has worse input lag than SC4/5 (not talking about netcode, just general input lag when doing anything), so maybe that lag + netcode lag results in a worse performance than SC5 online. I've played matches over the Atlantic on SC6 on PC which are playable. I can definitely feel the lag, but it doesn't feel crazy high. If I can be bothered, I might do a test where I check on this.

Are you playing SC6 on PS4 or PC? I'm pretty sure SC6 on PS4 has worse input lag than SC4/5 (not talking about netcode, just general input lag when doing anything), so maybe that lag + netcode lag results in a worse performance than SC5 online. I've played matches over the Atlantic on SC6 on PC which are playable. I can definitely feel the lag, but it doesn't feel crazy high. If I can be bothered, I might do a test where I check on this.
I play on Xbox. I haven't actually compared the games in detail regarding just input lag, but just by memory I don't feel like the lag when offline is significantly higher than previous games. I'll take your word for it if you think it's worse, but I don't think it's enough to explain the difference in lag when online.
I have been thinking about getting a PS4 solely for SC6, since it's near impossible to find casual rooms on Xbox forcing me to play ranked to find opponents, which I hate. PC could be an alternative, but I'm unsure how well SC6 functions under Linux.

I thoroughly despise almost every aspect of this character. His design which feels way to modern especially with that goofy eyepatch (that may be a problem with Aval overall), his attitude which is way over the top, his anime soul charge transformation and also the fact that there is nothing that makes him feel scandinavian which is darn lost opportunity. Would much rather take a generic Viking guy or chick because then at least it would fit way better with the rest of the classic cast (ninja, samurai, knight etc)
I also realised that if at least one of the things I mentioned were not there I would find him way more tolerable. But all of those are just too much
I liked Patroklos way more because his design was way better and he may have been an asshole (in the beginning) but zealous characters also have their place and that is something the roster didn't had in the past (at least can't recall any character with such a trait)

I also notice this generally when fighting people across the Atlantic, in SC5 it was possible to fight people in America and have most fights be pleasant, but in SC6 it's often way too laggy which makes Namco's decision to remove the region selection from ranked extremely questionable.

i dont know man in my experience i play fine with people from NA while im in EU, not all of them but the ones with a 3 bar connection are just fine, you can feel the delay in inputs but its not really that bad.
Also the region selection removal was a request from the community i was not happy at the beginning as well, but i have noticed that it has not really impacted me in a horrible way so now im oke with it.

I play on Xbox. I haven't actually compared the games in detail regarding just input lag, but just by memory I don't feel like the lag when offline is significantly higher than previous games. I'll take your word for it if you think it's worse, but I don't think it's enough to explain the difference in lag when online.
I have been thinking about getting a PS4 solely for SC6, since it's near impossible to find casual rooms on Xbox forcing me to play ranked to find opponents, which I hate. PC could be an alternative, but I'm unsure how well SC6 functions under Linux.

Try to get it on PC rather than PS4. i bought a PS4 only for SC6 but looking for matches takes too long, on PC i get matches much more often thats at least my experience in EU.

Last edited:
Back