Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Does the two headed eagle symbol mean anything different from the possibly Aval/Groh related Yggdrasil symbol that was in the CSS/vs screen before?

Is it me or do the trees in the forest look a bit blurry? The music also sounds like a more heroic version of Moon of Oblivion to me.

So I've seen a video showcasing Hilde's moves and just reposing this summarizing how she plays.

So to summarize Hilde is basically Claudio from Tekken 7 as she has his Sunburst gimmick. You can aura buff your blade and pole arm with charging them but there are other alternatives to do this with landing certain combos (a bit like Cassandra's lighting buff). From there her moves are fully opened up to do some nasty flashy strings. I approve of this direction for the character, this is by far the most interesting and most dynamic version of Hilde, looking forward to seeing her properly utilized.

Does the two headed eagle symbol mean anything different from the possibly Aval/Groh related Yggdrasil symbol that was in the CSS/vs screen before?

Is it me or do the trees in the forest look a bit blurry? The music also sounds like a more heroic version of Moon of Oblivion to me.

It's the banner of the Holy Roman Empire:

800px-Banner_of_the_Holy_Roman_Emperor_with_haloes_(1400-1806).svg.png
During the time in which the series takes place, the Empire was comprised of all of Germany and parts of The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech and Slovak Republics, eastern France, northern Italy, Slovenia, and western Poland. Despite the name it was more of a confederacy of states so it was a big of a mess despite the Holy Roman Emperor supposedly being the one in charge. Siegfried and Hilde are of the Holy Roman Empire, even if they have more specific countries like Germany and Wolfkrone (which takes from Germanic territories that cropped up in the Empire)

Last edited:
So the new Wolf stage is out and it appears Cursed Moonlit Woods assets were indeed rearranged to build it: there is no waterfall, also there is a seemingly new big uprooted tree kind of a structure. Overall Cursed Moonlit Woods stage is O-shaped while Silver Wolves' Haven is D-shaped. It looks better than I expected.

Reactions: Ave
So the new Wolf stage is out and it appears Cursed Moonlit Woods assets were indeed rearranged to build it: there is no waterfall, also there is a seemingly new big uprooted tree kind of a structure. Overall Cursed Moonlit Woods stage is O-shaped while Silver Wolves' Haven is D-shaped. It looks better than I expected.
It also has a morning-midday cycle in case anyone likes that.

I want to see Setsuka already. I hope they reveal her at EVO Japan as a twofer with Haohmaru since we already know he's there.

I assume the same with you my friend! Maybe in EVO Japan hopefully they reveal Haou Maru fighting with Setsuka!

I don't mind waiting as long as she IS a part of the season pass. I don't think they'll slack off like they did with Cassandra again. I expected the first DLC character to be released in Jan or late December but we're getting Hilde in 3 days. Hopefully, by March or April, we get Setsuka.

Yeah @Soul I think that Setsuka will be available in Spring 2020!

Datamining stuffs!

So, almost a year ago, Namco released a patch with 6 character entries with weird codenames. Hilde has nothing to do with those entries. She's her own entry and she's not obfuscated in any way (well, except they spelt her name as Hilda). The weird entries are still there, but I don't see any indication they've been updated. I'm thinking they were meant as a red herring to get people distracted from how they listed Cassandra and Amy in the game files.

Besides that, I don't see much to find. I think the new training stage is stage 15 among game files, and there is another version of stage 15 with a bunch of animals. I dunno if that is a variant of that stage, or an entirely different stage which uses the same number id.

In a way, I'm happy they're able to finally hide upcoming characters as I imagine the dev team probably gets bummed out if they get leaked by a random line of text in a game asset.

In other news, here's the most random change I've found in the season 2 patch:

Last edited:
Back