Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Ah, you can indeed Resist Impact full charge RE and Soul Charge activation. That’s going to make for some great moments and possible big mistakes with greed. Generally a fan so far of system wide changes. Also being able to say FU to “I cannot lose!” is a justice I’ve always wanted.

At work now so I didn’t look at everyone, but I gotta say Cervy got mad buffed. Way more than I thought he needed but considering how much has changed, we’ll have to see how it stacks up in the grand scheme of things.

So, almost a year ago, Namco released a patch with 6 character entries with weird codenames. Hilde has nothing to do with those entries. She's her own entry and she's not obfuscated in any way (well, except they spelt her name as Hilda). The weird entries are still there, but I don't see any indication they've been updated. I'm thinking they were meant as a red herring to get people distracted from how they listed Cassandra and Amy in the game files.
I agree that the codenamed six were likely planted in the code--I've been advocating that take since virtually the day you first brought their existence to the attention of the forum; indeed, I've always argued that the entire act was a pretty hamfistedly obvious ploy. However, I don't think they were there to make us second guess the Amy and Cassandra reveals as that explanation does not track on two levels: 1) we had no way of knowing whether or not anything would come of those names, so it's not like they could disabuse us of any expectations, and 2) we pretty much knew Amy and Cassandra fit the profile of the next likely characters, anyway. No, I continue to think that the purpose of those planted names was to serve to stir up debate: all of the codenames map well to one or two possible characters, but are vague enough to leave some doubt. It was just viral marketing of the most shamefully obvious sort.

However, if we take that view, I don't think we can rule out that 'Yell' wasn't meant to put us in mind of Hilde. Personally, I thought it was a stretch when people speculated that Hilde was Yell merely because of her propensity to shout in accompaniment of her attacks: I thought that was a rather superficial detail to associate with a codename, considering most characters in the game shout their attacks to one degree or another--and I wasn't shy about sharing that opinion. But sure enough, that very trait has become a plot beat and an express feature of her story and style in this game. So I think it's entirely possible that she is who the devs had in mind when they added that reference. Afterall, at least some of those names are going to have to overlap with actual incoming characters: there's no way one or two season passes (beyond the first) are added without at least one of the possible candidates for one of those names (Hwang, Yun-seong, Algol, Lizardman/Aeon, Setsuka, Rock, or Li long) being included.

Last edited:
Groh-Hilde is my new favorite ship now, lmao. 😏 Sink the old ship unto oblivion.
GrøHilde...
HildØh...
Lol I feel compelled to make a good portmanteau for them now.
Update: HildeGrøh von Krone! :DDD instead of Hildegard, we say HildeGrøh. Okay now I'm satisfied lmao.

Last edited:
Back