Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

something's off with Hilde's in game face... it feels like her top lip is too big so she looks swollen and weird, does anyone else get this feeling too?

In my previous post about SCVI UI evolution i metioned my idea about how SCVIs Team Battle could look in this UI

nteresting innovation: Weapon icon under the character name. In fact, before the release of a full the update list in 2.0.0, I had one idea about Team Battle. In my opinion, in Team Battle, instead of character icons, they can use weapon icons. Or, the original characters can use their standard portraits, and weapons icons can be used for a custom characters! Why think so about it? Well, because "Team Battle" mode began to fade from part due to the difficulty with custom characters icons, I think. Although, this is just my imagination.

Well, heres my shitty Photoshop concept! Feel free to criticize me for a miss with color and for a crooked cut.

SOULCALIBUR 6 TB Concept UI.jpg

I know that earlier I said that the original characters can use their portraits, but I thought and came to the conclusion that the weapon icons in this case work better for both character types, since they are better visible in a small size.

SOULCALIBUR 6 TB Concept Minus 1.jpg

Here's how defeated icon looks.

In my previous post about SCVI UI evolution i metioned my idea about how SCVIs Team Battle could look in this UI

Well, heres my shitty Photoshop concept! Feel free to criticize me for a miss with color and for a crooked cut.

View attachment 68332

I know that earlier I said that the original characters can use their portraits, but I thought and came to the conclusion that the weapon icons in this case work better for both character types, since they are better visible in a small size.

View attachment 68339

Here's how defeated icon looks.
oh this is a serve

Did Libra of Soul get new music? I'm doing a new run since it's season 2 and a remix of Maxi's theme played when he was introduced. And the overworld music sounded different as well. Or I must have really bad memory...

Did Libra of Soul get new music? I'm doing a new run since it's season 2 and a remix of Maxi's theme played when he was introduced. And the overworld music sounded different as well. Or I must have really bad memory...
I'm going with you've got a bad memory, since Maxi always had that theme for his scene, and the overworld map changes periodically.

Gotta congratulate Project Soul with the handling of Hilde's story because the history and mythology behind her kingdom is deeply fascinating and even Hidle's chronicle is incredibly well written that thoroughly sucked me in. Not only has Hilde got one of the best stories if not the best but the battle director has really knocked it out of the park with her moveset. Gone are the awkward timed charge attacks for the weapons and replaced with a single quick charge of either attack button combined with back, neutral or forward directions. There are two unblockables that are accessible if you charge for an extensive period of time but I imagine most people will not use them as they require you to hold the button down for at least 25 to 30 seconds to activate it. With Hilde aura buffing her weapons I'm treating this as if it's her new stance for SC6 which makes her combat flow very interesting to play around with. I don't know if the character is going to click with me but I do know that I'm going to have good fun experimenting with it.

Oh BTW I posted this in the DLC discussion thread. When I saw him he did put a smile on my face as I do remember him from SC4.

Johan Durer.jpg

Also Gerhilde is in SC4.

Hilde Gerhilde.jpg

Gotta congratulate Project Soul with the handling of Hilde's story because the history and mythology behind her kingdom is deeply fascinating and even Hidle's chronicle is incredibly well written that thoroughly sucked me in. Not only has Hilde got one of the best stories if not the best but the battle director has really knocked it out of the park with her moveset. Gone are the awkward timed charge attacks for the weapons and replaced with a single quick charge of either attack button combined with back, neutral or forward directions. There are two unblockables that are accessible if you charge for an extensive period of time but I imagine most people will not use them as they require you to hold the button down for at least 25 to 30 seconds to activate it. With Hilde aura buffing her weapons I'm treating this as if it's her new stance for SC6 which makes her combat flow very interesting to play around with. I don't know if the character is going to click with me but I do know that I'm going to have good fun experimenting with it.

Oh BTW I posted this in the DLC discussion thread. When I saw him he did put a smile on my face as I do remember him from SC4.

View attachment 68347

Also Gerhilde is in SC4.

View attachment 68348

Now solnhofen needs to appear in someone's story.

Also Wilhelm looks like iori yagami

Hi Guys I've started getting my friends into soulcalibur, but the game can be kind of intimidating at first. Does anyone know any good youtubers or videos that break down the game for beginners? And I mean like brand new, I'm a casual in the most extreme sense so it would also be helpful to me thanks!
Party Wolf is a great youtuber for SC6 help. You can also access the discord server if you have any questions. https://discord.gg/5WM8qk

I hate to sound like someone who is never satisfied but it did depress me today when I played the new stages that we put so much fanfare and excitement over them....

Like the training stage is just really ugly graphically. It's nice that we got it, but it's clearly something they threw together quick. The alternate infinite stage is just a grassland in hildes story that also goes on forever. the texture work is better here so it doesn't look so bad.

But idk I just feel like it's sad that we are so excited for an ugly infinite stage and a reskin of the forest.... obviously they changed enough of it and put good effort into it.... I just feel sad knowing it will take potentially years upon years for this game to get a great amount of stages/content.

----------------------------
Aside from my rant season 2 is still amazing. They put their money into the mechanics and moves, which are the most important of course. I must now lower my excitement and hype because we probably won't get any reveals for future characters until March or April of 2020....... see you guys there

I hate to sound like someone who is never satisfied but it did depress me today when I played the new stages that we put so much fanfare and excitement over them....

Like the training stage is just really ugly graphically. It's nice that we got it, but it's clearly something they threw together quick. The alternate infinite stage is just a grassland in hildes story that also goes on forever. the texture work is better here so it doesn't look so bad.

But idk I just feel like it's sad that we are so excited for an ugly infinite stage and a reskin of the forest.... obviously they changed enough of it and put good effort into it.... I just feel sad knowing it will take potentially years upon years for this game to get a great amount of stages/content.

----------------------------
Aside from my rant season 2 is still amazing. They put their money into the mechanics and moves, which are the most important of course. I must now lower my excitement and hype because we probably won't get any reveals for future characters until March or April of 2020....... see you guys there
It's nice that they paid at least lip service to the shortfall with stages, but the selection remains one of the weakest aspects of the game--particularly when we compare the game to its forebearers in the franchise--and I agree that if we are blunt and honest here, not very much was added. To have the only "new" stage be a quasi-reskin of an existing one is a rather lackluster response to fans who have felt disappointed with the game's offerings in this regard (which I think is most veteran fans of the series).

Of course, we also have to consider it in context: we are getting quite a healthy Season 2/version 2.0 and this week's releases alone represent probably the biggest single enhancement of the core experience since launch. So it doesn't do to get too demanding, particularly with at least some commitment to a few more stages over the coming year. Personally I think the infinite stages are fine. Still, the situation would be easier to swallow if not for just how bad the initial offerings were: there are still fewer stages in this game than any other in the series since Soul Edge, released nearly 25 years ago...and many of those that are present are just plain uninspired.

On the other hand, I would disagree with one point: I don't think we put that much fanfare behind them. I haven't been able to track discussion here closely lately, but I didn't see a whole lot of people expecting much out of the stage offerings, at least immediately. I know I was consistently underwhelmed with how much we had been told and that which had been promoted. Honestly, I don't think this game will ever have a "great" stage selection. With a (probable) third season, I do think you could get as many as five total additional stages from where we are today. But I think at the end of the day, you are going to end up with something that just doesn't hold a candle to the stage selections of II-V.

Last edited:
Okay I can't help but notice 3P Hilde looks like a Falsetto colour from Eternal Sonata. Surely it isn't intended and its just a random set or based on something else but I really love her 3P!

Wilhelm gave me some serious ZWEI 2P vibes, though I don't want to be that girl jumping to random different conclusions constantly I wonder if that's him, the vocal performance certainly seems to resemble him a touch more.
Regardless, I really love Wilhelm, seems the current males are actually pretty good, looking forward hopefully to them arriving as DLC eventually. since its been girls only and the only guy we're getting is a guest which is... Kind of lame.

Also got to say, Hilde was a character I was never fond of (boring) and when I started her story I was actually really thinking it was really bad, but past the younger years it turns very good almost instantly, it actually gave her some much needed identity to where I can say I suppose I don't find her quite as bad as I did in the past. Which is actually a relief as she's a character I always wanted to like.

Back