Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Patch notes are up on official soulcalibur twitter page... disappointed about taking away the infinite stage I really miss those and the meadow looks so cool (even though it’s dead simple)

@GhostTear maybe you just need to find new tech or adjust old tech do you follow any pro Tira players?

Attachments

• 1A1352F3-AE89-40C9-9039-5753A4176049.jpeg
    1A1352F3-AE89-40C9-9039-5753A4176049.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 236
  • EB1E5D75-8B81-44BC-BE03-ED4CDF590174.jpeg
    EB1E5D75-8B81-44BC-BE03-ED4CDF590174.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 223
  • 79199A75-1D93-4D2F-9A7B-EDC3548E17B4.jpeg
    79199A75-1D93-4D2F-9A7B-EDC3548E17B4.jpeg
    296.4 KB · Views: 209
  • B5251BA3-3DEC-4A19-A6E8-2CB3EE6C494D.jpeg
    B5251BA3-3DEC-4A19-A6E8-2CB3EE6C494D.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 243
Don’t “consider re-adjusting the performance of overpowered Soul Attacks”, Bamco.

Do it.

Jeez. I was legitimately Viola-combo’d by some Ivy player with that thing and I’m not here for it.

Patch notes are up on official soulcalibur twitter page... disappointed about taking away the infinite stage I really miss those and the meadow looks so cool (even though it’s dead simple)

@GhostTear maybe you just need to find new tech or adjust old tech do you follow any pro Tira players?
Wow, only into week number two of the second season of Soulcalibur VI and we’re ALREADY getting another patch. New record.

So I've read those patch notes but I'm confused, do they apply to the recent 2.01 patch or are they just saying what they are fixing with a later one?

yeah i think the ranked system is broken, you should not get point from low ranked players. this will only inflate the ranked system bcus its easy to get points F's become in to E's, E's become in to D's, D's become in to C's and so on... it gives less value to all ranks i think they should have kept it like it was or make a better system cus this one is wack.

Get rid of the points from lower ranked players by a set range and the new system is good. To a degree, they should at least give a little as sometimes the player's rank is lower than where their skill would be better suited. Just not a lot. Otherwise we're going up and down faster which is definitely more accurate. A ranked system that's just a grind without any actual penalties like we had before was lacking. So this gives at least slight meaning to rank now. Fun seeing people go up or get demoted.

Get rid of the points from lower ranked players by a set range and the new system is good. To a degree, they should at least give a little as sometimes the player's rank is lower than where their skill would be better suited. Just not a lot. Otherwise we're going up and down faster which is definitely more accurate. A ranked system that's just a grind without any actual penalties like we had before was lacking. So this gives at least slight meaning to rank now. Fun seeing people go up or get demoted.

Agreed as it is now there seems to be a far better reward and risk for fighting your peers.
Some lower ranks really don’t reflect skill set and consecutive wins should be rewarded too.

it is a little cheap for C and D to sponge off F and G ranks.

I still think exceptional players need an exclusive rank/title above S.
(S rank with consecutive wins) almost as if it’s a self proclaimed boss fight to add weight to the hierarchy, as points are easier now.

@JDlightside777 I’m not sure I’ll do some digging didn’t notice anything yesterday.

Those patch notes are a list of things due to be addressed going forward, not the recent patch. They need to be dealt with though, among other serious issues, especially the bugged out buffering system which is causing some characters and parts of their movesets to feel awful to get working. Inputs are just getting eaten where they shouldn't be and preventing what was previously functioning just fine at random. Not normally one to complain, but once movesets are bugged heavily like this and I'm dropping combos by no fault of my own, then I'm inclined to take issue with that. Especially when it's on even simple ones that I never had an issue with in Season 1.

They should honestly adjust the matchmaking so we don’t have to constantly get stuck fighting the lower ranked/sprout players that have barely anything to offer and just feel like a damn speedbump. Perhaps give us the option to search for higher ranks or opponents around your rank.

And thank god they’re fixing the buffering system. No longer will random jumping dropped inputs such as 666B for a LH whiff punish become a problem.

Well, the story so far:

Code:
DLC1: Tira       Oct 18
DLC2: 2B         Dec 17 ( 60 days since last release)
DLC3: CCS A      Feb 18 ( 63 days since last release)
DLC4: Amy        Mar 25 ( 35 days since last release)
DLC5: CCS B      May 15 ( 51 days since last release)
DLC6: Cassandra  Aug  5 ( 82 days since last release)
DLC7: Hilde      Nov 25 (112 days since last release)
DLC8: CCS C      Nov 25

Obviously, the release gap between Cassandra and Hilde shouldn't really be fully considered by itself, due to it being between season pass 1 ending and season pass 2 beginning, but the full gap between 2B and getting both the first customization pack and Amy is 98 days, and the full gap between that and getting both the second customization pack and Cassandra is 123 days, so assuming it actually does take about 90-120 days (which 112 days actually does fall inbetween, so maybe it was a fair perspective?) to release each subsequent pack from here until the end of season two, then it would seem like we'll get Haohmaru and the fourth customization pack in February or March.

Well, the story so far:

Code:
DLC1: Tira       Oct 18
DLC2: 2B         Dec 17 ( 60 days since last release)
DLC3: CCS A      Feb 18 ( 63 days since last release)
DLC4: Amy        Mar 25 ( 35 days since last release)
DLC5: CCS B      May 15 ( 51 days since last release)
DLC6: Cassandra  Aug  5 ( 82 days since last release)
DLC7: Hilde      Nov 25 (112 days since last release)
DLC8: CCS C      Nov 25

Obviously, the release gap between Cassandra and Hilde shouldn't really be fully considered by itself, due to it being between season pass 1 ending and season pass 2 beginning, but the full gap between 2B and getting both the first customization pack and Amy is 98 days, and the full gap between that and getting both the second customization pack and Cassandra is 123 days, so assuming it actually does take about 90-120 days (which 112 days actually does fall inbetween, so maybe it was a fair perspective?) to release each subsequent pack from here until the end of season two, then it would seem like we'll get Haohmaru and the fourth customization pack in February or March.
That's kinda an oof feeling. Ah well, I'm just happy we're getting updates.

60 days from Hilde's release is actually Evo Japan..... I will have fingers crossed for a late January/early february release for Haohmaru seeing as he's the sole "newcomer" of Season 2 and it's anchor for sales.

That being said, the pessimist in me is prepared to wait until March... I am hopeful though that this World Tour will give them a kick in the shins to push stuff out on a regular schedule like Tekken though

Back