Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

CaS is a huge casual player draw. The competitive resurgence we've gotten with SCVI is wonderful, but it isn't the only thing keeping the game alive for a second season of content. SCVI creation videos outpace tournaments and finals on YouTube by tens and even hundreds of thousands of views. At the end of the day, the bottom line is to make money and content creators are driving people to buy SCVI because of creation.

I mean I'd also be fine if Creation characters/assets weren't as high quality as the stuff for roster. Not like they ever do though. I find it difficult to do anything in CAS other than remove or recolor outfits because they all look so "fake" on these main roster characters.

Like yeah sure, I put zasalamel in evil kilik hair and kiliks robes with various stickers and colors but it still doesn't look right!

CaS is here to stay and even tho I would love for them to recreate visuals in potential SCVII I ain't think that would happen. If they can cut costs then so will they do, even with bigger budget. Perhaps upscaling texture and mesh quality paired with better lighting would be enough for it to look really good.
Kinda sad that SC used to be the pinnacle of graphical fidelity but now it lags far behind

I doubt they’re ever going to ever get rid of CaS given it’s popularity. But it’s understandable why some others don’t like it. Especially since certain pieces of equipment have often been used to hide their hitboxes
Came across and Asteroth who did that and it was surprising but it actually hid his grabs well... I ended up mashing to get out and won, but its so scummy and anti fun.

But, yeah, if they actually do a full-on graphical update to the game, y'all are going to have to be prepared for when CAS takes a quality/quantity dip. They're only going to be able to do so much.
I want to say I'm excited for a full graphical update especially and don't really mind loosing CAS since I find it wasteful already but I really do dread to see what they'd do with a true visual upgrade. Tekken in every game seems to be a mad mess with some looking awful/better in completely different entries and by to a very noticeable degree.

I mean, people can say what they want about SC6 and outdated visuals but honestly I'm thankful about it so long as it means we don't end up looking like Tekken, which I like the game but visually.... Not so much nowadays. The last one I liked visually was T4 and T6 which had some huge dips however.
I guess T5 looked fine if not a little bland.

But I feel they'd take it too far maybe and ruin some of the characters looks... Obviously I'd be hoping for the best.

Did anyone see the Tekken 7 character reveals? Bandai Namco should seriously get whoever designed Leroy and Fahkumram to help out with designing new characters for SoulCalibur VI because Grøh is so out of place. Just like with SoulCalibur, Tekken hasn't seen a good new character design in a long ass time but these two new characters are hella sick.

I honestly wish Bandai Namco would just reveal the rest of Season 2 for SoulCalibur VI already just like how they revealed the rest of Season 3 for Tekken 7...

Did anyone see the Tekken 7 character reveals? Bandai Namco should seriously get whoever designed Leroy and Fahkumram to help out with designing new characters for SoulCalibur VI because Grøh is so out of place. Just like with SoulCalibur, Tekken hasn't seen a good new character design in a long ass time but these two new characters are hella sick.

I honestly wish Bandai Namco would just reveal the rest of Season 2 for SoulCalibur VI already just like how they revealed the rest of Season 3 for Tekken 7...

hopefully the world tour will create events where they will naturally coalesce into reveals....

Before the SC6 world tour we had some fuckin show in Paris, EVO Japan 2019 and then all the way to fuckin EVO 2019. They obviously only announce these characters at fighting game events so a world tour will give them more events to announce things at!

I had a thought the other day. I was wondering a while back what they would do for Haohmaru's weapon selection, and now I think they might make his alternate weapons swords from other SamSho characters. I think that would be kind of neat.

I thought they revealed it cuz it got leaked?

I thought they revealed it cuz it got leaked?
It leaked because it was going to be revealed. They had the info ready to be updated to the storefront

Fahkumram should've just been Bruce, really. Poor guy has had 3 goddamn replacements. lol

But since this is where we're at, they could've at least had Fah's head not look so tiny.
1575882217046.png

I'm so distracted by his body proportions. Is it normal or healthy to have a small head on a giant body. With hulking shoulder but a tiny waist?

Last edited:
CaS is a huge casual player draw. The competitive resurgence we've gotten with SCVI is wonderful, but it isn't the only thing keeping the game alive for a second season of content. SCVI creation videos outpace tournaments and finals on YouTube by tens and even hundreds of thousands of views. At the end of the day, the bottom line is to make money and content creators are driving people to buy SCVI because of creation.

For the love of the game I pray this isn't how they choose to promote SC6.
It undermines the story and lore.
It undermines the characters.
And it undermines the game itself as hit boxes etc are completely wack.
It's very telling that the series decline began when CaS was introduced.

Promote the default characters, make new ones if they have to ensure longevity.

But if you build this game that has ascended from the fail ventures or 4 & 5 and put weight into CaS you'll kill the franchise.
Because it's the kind of DLC scheme that satisfies player bases like fortnite where cosmetics can be a driving element of their business model and doesn't interfere with the actual game and the player base is happy with that.
with SC6 however the FGC would be neglected and the cosmetic player base would be hard to satisfy and easily bored.

I get that not everyone is competitive (I learn a great deal from them but I wouldn't say I'm one).
But we cannot pretend the labbing, tech sharing, patch note feedback, bug discovery, local and international tournaments didn't convince namco to make a season 2 or help them continuously improve this title, especially when you think about the type of conversations Okubo must of had with namco about moving forward and securing the budget for certain things.
The Competitive scene has kept this game ALIVE past the 6 month mark of "there are no more clothes i'm bored"

Just like tekken, SOULCALIBUR characters should be given the same respect and poise without being overshadowed by spiderman and super sayin goku.

I feel this season pass could do that for the game.

Last edited:
For the love of the game I pray this isn't how they choose to promote SC6.
It undermines the story and lore.
It undermines the characters.
And it undermines the game itself as hit boxes etc are completely wack.
It's very telling that the series decline began when CaS was introduced.

Promote the default characters, make new ones if they have to ensure longevity.

But if you build this game that has ascended from the fail ventures or 4 & 5 and put weight into CaS you'll kill the franchise.
Because it's the kind of DLC scheme that satisfies player bases like fortnite where cosmetics can be a driving element of their business model and doesn't interfere with the actual game and the player base is happy with that.
with SC6 however the FGC would be neglected and the cosmetic player base would be hard to satisfy and easily bored.

I get that not everyone is competitive (I learn a great deal from them but I wouldn't say I'm one).
But we cannot pretend the labbing, tech sharing, patch note feedback, bug discovery, local and international tournaments didn't convince namco to make a season 2 or help them continuously improve this title, especially when you think about the type of conversations Okubo must of had with namco about moving forward and securing the budget for certain things.
The Competitive scene has kept this game ALIVE past the 6 month mark of "there are no more clothes i'm bored"

Just like tekken, SOULCALIBUR characters should be given the same respect and poise without being overshadowed by spiderman and super sayin goku.

I feel this season pass could do that for the game.
I wasn't saying CaS is solely responsible for season 2, just that it probably held a lot of weight in their decision making process. Competitive SC is one of the few e-sports I find entertaining so I certainly don't want Project Soul to push the community to the wayside solely to make more dress-up parts. Ideally, I hope we can have a game in the future with a balance of high quality singleplayer content (fleshed out CaS, Chronicles of the Sword successor, Soul Chronicle) and multiplayer/competitive (Team Battle, Colosseo, Online tournaments, etc.).

I wasn't saying CaS is solely responsible for season 2, just that it probably held a lot of weight in their decision making process. Competitive SC is one of the few e-sports I find entertaining so I certainly don't want Project Soul to push the community to the wayside solely to make more dress-up parts. Ideally, I hope we can have a game in the future with a balance of high quality singleplayer content (fleshed out CaS, Chronicles of the Sword successor, Soul Chronicle) and multiplayer/competitive (Team Battle, Colosseo, Online tournaments, etc.).
Even so, CaS felt really underwhelming at launch with the restrictions on the races and a very small amount of equipment compared to the previous games. I understand because of the budget, but still...

Side note: More legacy costumes please like the Sieg and Tira ones.

Side note: More legacy costumes please like the Sieg and Tira ones.

Sometimes I wish, if SC hadn't put so much emphasis on CaS in its more recent games, that the ONLY customization we'd have would be to mix and match with old legacy costumes and only customize the existing roster members... that could go either way though. Potentially fucked up looking outfits, or an awesome throwback to enjoy the cast's old looks even in newer installments.
I'm torn on CaS. I'm happy that it allows SC fans a creative outlet to get further enjoyment out of the game, but sometimes I feel that CaS is a sad indication that Project Soul didn't work hard enough/effectively enough to keep the official characters in the roster charismatic enough to resonate with people. Instead now we've got a bunch of dress-up dolly stuff mixed in with the cast we were originally meant to appreciate.
(No hate against creative people who like CaS, just reflecting on what can be interpreted as a mis-step with PS's handling of the series).

Sometimes I wish, if SC hadn't put so much emphasis on CaS in its more recent games, that the ONLY customization we'd have would be to mix and match with old legacy costumes and only customize the existing roster members... that could go either way though. Potentially fucked up looking outfits, or an awesome throwback to enjoy the cast's old looks even in newer installments.
I'm torn on CaS. I'm happy that it allows SC fans a creative outlet to get further enjoyment out of the game, but sometimes I feel that CaS is a sad indication that Project Soul didn't work hard enough/effectively enough to keep the official characters in the roster charismatic enough to resonate with people. Instead now we've got a bunch of dress-up dolly stuff mixed in with the cast we were originally meant to appreciate.
(No hate against creative people who like CaS, just reflecting on what can be interpreted as a mis-step with PS's handling of the series).
Not to mention wonky hitbox/hurtboxes the CaS characters produce. Hence why they’re outright banned in offline tournaments.

Back