Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Okay, it’s confirmed that the developers hate Voldo. R.I.P. CR 6B combos. It was fun while it lasted.
Bamco why?

Is it a significant nerf, and what was Voldo able to do previously compared to now?

^ I posted that before seeing the English notes, it does seem significant. Voldo deserves better treatment.

Last edited:
Is it a significant nerf, and what was Voldo able to do previously compared to now?
CR 6B was one of Voldo’s best combo tools during early S2. It was normally used after his MCFT B+K to MCFT (Mantis Crawl Feet Towards) 4K combos or a successful hit on his BCR B. The move created a really solid followup for Blindstance 66BB after CR B (to which the latter had little to no damage scaling in it) and with Blindstance 66BB it offered an Oki mixup for MCHT (Mantis Crawl Head Towards). Now if with the ground stun being changed Voldo’s CR 6B is no applicable for creating followups after the knockdown to which players can now ukemi out of, which has removed the followup for Blindstance 66BB, and on top of that eliminating any Oki scenarios for the Mantis Crawl. So yes, the nerf is pretty harsh even if they buffed the base damage.

TL;DR: Bamco gives Voldo some new toys, but anytime they realize that Voldo players are having fun with new followups from them, they remove it. It’s safe to say that the Voldo community could be risking extinction any moment now.

If anything, Voldo is arguably among the more honest characters in this game, especially when compared to his previous iterations.

Okay, it’s confirmed that the developers hate Voldo. R.I.P. CR 6B combos. It was fun while it lasted.
Bamco why?

:( I'm sorry for your loss, bruh. That's honestly really sad!!! They savaged poor Voldo.

That is why I didn't even bother with season pass. I may probably buy Hilde one day but the rest of the pass, considering that it's Hao (absolute meh and stylistacily a clone) and two unknowns, does not interest me at all
This is the same problem I am having. I was super duper hyped for Hilde, but not the actual season pass in itself, because its contents have been treated so secretively. There's nothing to look forward to or to want if we don't know what the content is.

:( I'm sorry for your loss, bruh. That's honestly really sad!!! They savaged poor Voldo.

This is the same problem I am having. I was super duper hyped for Hilde, but not the actual season pass in itself, because its contents have been treated so secretively. There's nothing to look forward to or to want if we don't know what the content is.
I know. They really just despise Voldo for whatever reason. I blame Yuttoto.

I feel that Hilde is fairly disappointing right now. It’s like a lot of work and risk for almost no reward.

CR 6B was one of Voldo’s best combo tools during early S2. It was normally used after his MCFT B+K to MCFT (Mantis Crawl Feet Towards) 4K combos or a successful hit on his BCR B. The move created a really solid followup for Blindstance 66BB after CR B (to which the latter had little to no damage scaling in it) and with Blindstance 66BB it offered an Oki mixup for MCHT (Mantis Crawl Head Towards). Now if with the ground stun being changed Voldo’s CR 6B is no applicable for creating followups after the knockdown to which players can now ukemi out of, which has removed the followup for Blindstance 66BB, and on top of that eliminating any Oki scenarios for the Mantis Crawl. So yes, the nerf is pretty harsh even if they buffed the base damage.

TL;DR: Bamco gives Voldo some new toys, but anytime they realize that Voldo players are having fun with new followups from them, they remove it. It’s safe to say that the Voldo community could be risking extinction any moment now.

If anything, Voldo is arguably among the more honest characters in this game, especially when compared to his previous iterations.

I understand now, I tested it in Training mode. You forgot to mention that those combos only work when they're airborne before getting hit by MCFT B+K and BCR B. Currently, these combos do 70+ damage, which is already a lot. I'm guessing they did 85-90 damage or so before the nerf. That extra damage plus the oki mixup afterward is quite insane, especially if those combos happen often. I can see why they decided to nerf it, but there are other characters that can do insane things that still haven't been nerfed. And Voldo is the one that keeps getting significant nerfs even though he was never top tier. That is unfair.

I understand now, I tested it in Training mode. You forgot to mention that those combos only work when they're airborne before getting hit by MCFT B+K and BCR B. Currently, these combos do 70+ damage, which is already a lot. I'm guessing they did 85-90 damage or so before the nerf. That extra damage plus the oki mixup afterward is quite insane, especially if those combos happen often. I can see why they decided to nerf it, but there are other characters that can do insane things that still haven't been nerfed. And Voldo is the one that keeps getting significant nerfs even though he was never top tier. That is unfair.
I’d say it’s because of Yuttoto’s success with Voldo that has been driving the nerfs. And really, that is a mistake if I’ve ever seen one. Call me crazy, but I’m starting to wonder if that was the reason they nerfed it in the first place. I just don’t get how at least 90% of the cast can get a game changing set of tools that help them tremendously, but for Voldo, he gets it for two to three weeks and they just remove it’s utility completely. If that’s the case then deliver some better compensation, such as turning Blindstance 8WR A into an actual horizontal. Nightmare also got his new moves buffed at least do the same for Voldo’s bad ones.

I am pleased to report that the buffer system is no longer forcing me to slow down my input commands for Yoshi's FC 3B to activate successfully. There are also some other Yoshi changes that I'm pleased with so it's all good from my end. I just hope later down the line he gets some more of his legacy moves and some more changes to make him even more dynamic.

Talim got some buffs on her new moves and some old ones.

My favorite being 6BK now jails and is a NC.
Before it was super easy to sidestep/GI which most players did since they are used to the other 6B strings.
Personally I say Talim needs more moves that jail and can't be GIed, even the new SC attack 2BAB can be GIed...

Okaaaaaaay Amy didn’t need to be nerfed but suuure . . .

Especially scaling the damage of post-successful-parry combos . . .

Okaaaaaaay Amy didn’t need to be nerfed but suuure . . .

Especially scaling the damage of post-successful-parry combos . . .

I remember Sophie from 1.0 ~ 1.10 gets her aGI DMG reduced from 85 DMG ~ 69 DMG.

Season 1 Xianghua use to get around 100 DMG on Amy & Talim with her 6A+B aGI. If the opponent didn't break the throw X could get 90 DMG + some extra DMG if they ate the Mid - Low Mixup from BBB or BBK & Both are safe. Now X does around 80 DMG with 6A+B.

Amy in PRP B+K BBB ~ 4BB = 84 DMG
Amy in Patch 2.02 aGI PRP B+K BBB ~ 4BB = 65 DMG
Amy in Patch 2.02 aGI for Rose Building gets 10 DMG less

Amy, Sophie, & X are all fine.

This is random, but does anyone know where the exact years that the games occur and everyone's birth years were first published? Obviously the SC6 story mode has the timeline, but I feel like we've known since pretty early on in the series.

The reason I ask is that it seems like all the characters' birth years in the wiki are one year off in terms of how old they're supposed to be in each game. Like, Ivy is 28 in 1586 (SC1) but her birth year says 1559. Is someone just bad at math? lol

Edit: I forgot about East Asian age reckoning. Was that what Project Soul did? Anyway, does anyone know where that stuff was first printed?

Last edited:
This is random, but does anyone know where the exact years that the games occur and everyone's birth years were first published? Obviously the SC6 story mode has the timeline, but I feel like we've known since pretty early on in the series.

The reason I ask is that it seems like all the characters' birth years in the wiki are one year off in terms of how old they're supposed to be in each game. Like, Ivy is 28 in 1586 (SC1) but her birth year says 1559. Is someone just bad at math? lol
I think it's a bit of both. A lot of characters have been moved around afaik to cater to tge timeline and the main "game" in versus mode just gives us the oldest version of tge character. So talim is still young but its her older self, for example.

Okay, I did some more digging on the old Soul Archive websites. They most likely have always been using the old school Asian age system (long story short when you're born, you're 1 year old) from the very first game.

For anyone that can read it. lol

But, basically 6/8/1562, Mitsu is born. And September 1583 is when he sets out looking for Soul Edge. Age 22. So, all the years line up. Carry on.

To me, I can’t buy that’s supposed to be the older Mitsurugi with that little facial hair as opposed to the beard he has in the later games.

Mi-Na also looks a bit young to me.

The appearances in SoulCalibur VI are a bit skewed, due to covering 1583-1590, some of them appear as they would in 1590 (the setup for the future / SoulCalibur II) like Talim, Tira, and Amy, while some of them appear as they would in 1585-1587 (the SoulCalibur story), like Mitsurugi, Siegfried, and Mi-na.

I think the characters age are between SC1 and SC2/SC3/SC4. So, Sophitia was 21 in the first SC, and was 25 (looked much older though, like 30) in SC2/SC3/SC4.
Sophitia should be around 22/23 years old in SC6?

Back