Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Why do you think a prestige fighter like virtua fighter is dead?

Because it has almost nothing to keep casuals hooked on. Features and presentation matter, and sadly, VF is as appealing as snail served on a plate.

gourmet-escargots-snails-garlic-escargots-pb-feature-750x420.jpg

Evo japan is gonna be tight, the beginning of SC world tour and the tournament seems stacked with 500 people.

Because it has almost nothing to keep casuals hooked on. Features and presentation matter, and sadly, VF is as appealing as snail served on a plate.

gourmet-escargots-snails-garlic-escargots-pb-feature-750x420.jpg

Very true.

Also as a VF lover myself i also think that the big problem that Sega failed with this game is when they decided to make a main character looks like a Ryu clone, i always though it wasn't that super great of an idea.

Because it has almost nothing to keep casuals hooked on. Features and presentation matter

I don't even think it's the casuals that need to be kept hooked it's just extremely important for any fighting game to have stellar presentation for everyone due to looking at the same stuff over and over again. I look at Virtua Fighter and think it's really missing flare and that satisfying crunch in attacks that you get with Tekken and Calibur. I would even start the series anew and probably under a different name so if it did go tits up then they can go back to the original series like Capcom did with Devil May Cry.

I don't even think it's the casuals that need to be kept hooked it's just extremely important for any fighting game to have stellar presentation for everyone due to looking at the same stuff over and over again. I look at Virtua Fighter and think it's really missing flare and that satisfying crunch in attacks that you get with Tekken and Calibur. I would even start the series anew and probably under a different name so if it did go tits up then they can go back to the original series like Capcom did with Devil May Cry.

Or the fact that virtua fighter has been running on fumes from 2008 to 2012 in the USA and then has no new game worldwide so it makes sense for the series to be basically dead post 2013.

All they have to do to get some player back is it just release a new game or rerelease VF4 final tuned or VF5 final showdown.

Soulcalibur was able to survive the drought due to the amazing SC1 and SC2 cementing a fanbase and then consistently releasing games from 1995 to 2012/2013.

When you don’t release games/content people will eventually move on

Melee has a dedicated fanbase but they don't need EVO anymore it's clear they have the base to do their own thing. Besides the game has had it's time in the sun for a long ass time.

I'm honestly just glad that SC6 is quite high. Hope it will keep that way until the end of poll.

In other note surprising to see MK11 that low, i expected more for this game.

Well what were you expecting from a game that shoves microtransactions and mobile game/grinding bullshit down your throat?

I think that if the game isn't that high it's definitely not because of the Micro thing, it's mostly because FGC don't enjoy it as much as other games. (and the micro thing aren't as big deal as they seem, they also fixed many thing in that area since)

Last edited:
I'm honestly just glad that SC6 is quite high. Hope it will keep that way until the end of poll.

In other note surprising to see MK11 that low, i expected more for this game.

perhaps with netherrealm games the audience fades out fairly quick, as the studio pumps out new games every 2 years

Mk11 was really disappointing. Characters feel one dimensional and stiff. Boon designed all the characters the same way.
Ehh...it’s not that bad of a game. The slower pace of the game compared to MKX is definitely a bit odd but I’d arguably say the game is a bit better balanced. The grinding can be very monotonous for the towers and the Krypt, but the game looks absolutely stunning (minus the attacking animations).

Back