Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm so glad I didn't get my hopes up. So lets see this is going to be a wait from late november 2019 to march 2020 presumably?
Based on this schedule they could hold off the fourth character til november 2020. 1 year for 4 characters? Fuck this shit, I am not going to wait that long.

I'm gonna have to take a soulcalibur vacation because It is really not hype to wait 11 fucking months for setsuka and yun-seong.

Haohmaru comes out in spring? I have a bad feeling that they are going to pull a Cassandra and hold Setsuka/3rd character until summer and reveal them at EVO along with the 4th character.

Imagine if they dropped a Setsuka trailer in Cherry Blossom Forest at the end of Samurai Shodown's Top 8. :sc4set2:
I hope they drop her in for Season 3
EERJpIfXsAASCJR - Copia.jpg

So it's gonna take at least 4+ months (spring 2020) since Hilde for just the next character to come out? Admittedly, it's better than getting absolutely nothing like the previous characters, but I don't know what could've happened to cause such a big spike in development time between characters.

So it's gonna take at least 4+ months (spring 2020) since Hilde for just the next character to come out? Admittedly, it's better than getting absolutely nothing like the previous characters, but I don't know what could've happened to cause such a big spike in development time between characters.

tekken 7 uses 3 months as a model between dlc for season 3. september 10th saw zafina being released, december 10th saw ganryu and leroy.

So if soulcalibur 6 did it then we should have gotten haohmaru february 26th or around that time, not in march....

Bummer. If I'm understanding that sentence right that means Haohmaru doesn't come with his own storymode. I guess guest characters aren't going to be added with a storymode for DLC; assuming he isn't going to be our last guest character if we get more season passes in the future
That's more or less my understanding, yes. But it does make you wonder why Geralt got a story and the others didn't. After 2B didn't get a story, I wasn't really looking for Haohmaru to get a story either, though he's not nearly so far in the future as 2B, Samurai Shodown still takes place in the 18th century, so I didn't think they'd really try and canonize it. The only reason Geralt's story was even valid was because he has dealings with portals in his own story from The Witcher.

Welp March 20 marks the start of spring. Also:

Final Round 2020 - 3/20- 3/22
The MixUp - 4/18- 4/19
Combo Breaker - 5/22- 5/24
BAM12 - 5/29 - 5/31
CEO - 6/26 - 6/28
EVO - 7/31 - 8/2
VSFIGHTING - 8/21 - 8/23

I listed the dates from the events they have scheduled for the world tour. I couldn't find anything new for REV Major or Ultimate Fighting Arena. Soooooo... maybe we get Haoh release during Final Round and a reveal trailer for the next character to go along with it? I'm grabbing at straws here for my Setsuka.

Edit: I'm still hoping they will release all the characters for Season 2 before Evo.

Last edited:
Ha-ha-ha, the salt about Azwel winning EVO is palpable. But really Bluegod is objectively the best of the best SC6 player in the world currently, so it's only fair. He basically destroyed everyone, only lost one set in the entire tournament (2-1 victory against Lincorz, every other win was 2-0/3-0), the grand final was a massacre, the final round was basically a perfect except for a couple of chip damage hits into block. Excellently done!

Haohmaru looks fine, my biggest concern was SamSho artstyle not quite fitting into SC6, but I think they did a good job adapting his looks. The stage is beautiful, also I'm surprised it's not the one from the teaser. No Setsuka is a bummer, but not really a surprise. Still they did show some cherry blossom petals at the end of the trailer seemingly for no reason (I failed to spot a single sakura in bloom on Haohmaru's stage), so that might be a hint.

or maybe reveal this:
He's certainly the pinkest example that isn't Setsuka by a pretty big margin, I'll give you that. But we haven't seen this costume since Broken Destiny. :sc5dam1:

Ha-ha-ha, the salt about Azwel winning EVO is palpable. But really Bluegod is objectively the best of the best SC6 player in the world currently, so it's only fair. He basically destroyed everyone, only lost one set in the entire tournament (2-1 victory against Lincorz, every other win was 2-0/3-0), the grand final was a massacre, the final round was basically a perfect except for a couple of chip damage hits into block. Excellently done!
I mean, I have a begrudging respect for his performance, I just find it a shame that of all the characters he's dominating with, it's Azwel. I know it's a meme at this point to hate Azwel, but he's just such a meme to fight against at the same time, with the Beyblade and the Muscle Buster and everything else inbetween. I dunno, it gets a bit tiring to see him win night after night after night, I suppose. You can't say BlueGod is a bad player, and I don't think anyone would, it just makes the victory that much sweeter if/when you're able to put an Azwel down. If Yuttoto's swap to Zasalamel/Raphael had been more effective and he had turned the whole thing around and beaten BlueGod twice in a row to become champion, that would have been a hell of a show!

Haohmaru looks fine, my biggest concern was SamSho artstyle not quite fitting into SC6, but I think they did a good job adapting his looks. The stage is beautiful, also I'm surprised it's not the one from the teaser. No Setsuka is a bummer, but not really a surprise. Still they did show some cherry blossom petals at the end of the trailer seemingly for no reason (I failed to spot a single sakura in bloom on Haohmaru's stage), so that might be a hint.
I'm mostly left curious if we'll be able to use his parts in creation or not. They didn't confirm or deny this in the postscript text in his trailer, so I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I can see his parts being quite useful for customization, if they're handled well. It is strange that they went with the other stage for sure, and I wished we would get the Cherry Blossom Forest as a symbolic peace offering to tide over the Setsuka fans, that could have been nice, and now it just seems like a missed opportunity. It would be strange, after all, if a guest character got TWO stages, right? I'm not saying that's even in the cards, but if it happened, it would be bizarre. The cherry blossom petals at the end of the trailer too, seemed really out of place because yeah, there are none to be seen at Gairyu Isle.

Back