Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Well, there are many examples from the tournament scenes of various fighters over the years where players have pulled off upset victories against more favoured opponents simply by utilizing a character that was overwhelmingly agreed to be a low tier character; sometimes it's about the particular match-up, but other times its just about presenting the opposition with a scenario they have not trained for. There's also the question of one's comfort with the style itself: there's nothing from preventing a player from recognizing that a given character is objectively being lower tier, but still presenting them with tools they feel a connection with and which they can eek victories out of--again, particularly if you can blindside your opponent with something they don't know how to reliably and consistently counter. But regardless of the reasons in particular cases, this is a known phenomena that high-level players have open discussed using, and which has occasionally led to some big moments at tournaments.

Correct on all points.

Melee and Mortal Kombat 11 out
oVAsHwK.gif

For me the worst scenario would've been Melee in and SC6 not in, i don't care if Melee is in as soon as my games are in.

MK11 not being in is weird, but i remember while it had good viewership, but there wasn't that many hype noise in the crowd, maybe it's an important aspect for Evo Organizers, or maybe it's the violence thing.

Edit: Oh remember i heard from a french reporter that MK entries were going lower and lower each tournament after Evo, could be that.

Last edited:
I saw this "The tournament had alot of backlash last year during it's run. The time slot being so late and organization wasn't great apparently."

Anyway again great that SC6 will be there,

Now i wonder if: Setsuka reveal before Evo? At Evo? After Evo?

ob_f34717_setsc3cg1.jpg
Hopefully before. I don't want to wait until August to be reunited with my favorite Samurai.

Actually, i think by then we would be either down to the last character or completely done with S2. We're probably going to get Hoahmaru in March, Setsuka in April/May, and the final character in June or early July.

For EVO, announcing a season 3 or at least a PS5 enhanced edition of the game would be awesome.

I'm expecting too much, i know. Oh well. Just don't make me wait too long to play as Setsuka, please.

Last edited:
Woohoo! I'm glad SCVI got in, hope they got a big announcement planned there!

And holy shit, MvC2? That's unexpected! Please, please let there be a new Marvel vs. Capcom announcement...

Props to SC6 making it in. I will try to make it there.

And Setsuka will be available before.

There is a probability that Haohmaru and the 3rd character may be available at the same time, just like Tekken with Leroy and Ganryu.

There is a probability that Haohmaru and the 3rd character may be available at the same time, just like Tekken with Leroy and Ganryu.
Doubt. Don’t forget that SoulCalibur VI season two is already set up for paired releases, one character and one customization pack per release. Two characters released at the same time would mean two customization packs released at the same time azwel, and I really can’t see them doing that.

Back