Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I’m in the camp where they need to tone down the projectile implementation for the roster. Several members of the cast have a projectile thrown into their moveset. Taki, Cervantes, Azwel, Kilik, Zasalamel, Yoshimitsu, Cassandra, Amy, 2B. I’ve probably missed someone, but how long until everyone starts receiving a projectile? This is Soulcalibur, not Injustice.

I’m in the camp where they need to tone down the projectile implementation for the roster. Several members of the cast have a projectile thrown into their moveset. Taki, Cervantes, Azwel, Kilik, Zasalamel, Yoshimitsu, Cassandra, Amy, 2B. I’ve probably missed someone, but how long until everyone starts receiving a projectile? This is Soulcalibur, not Injustice.
Kilik,Cass, taki and Amy have no reason to have projectiles other than hoohee malfestaion/magic.the only characters that really make sense to have them are Cerv and 2b and maybe azwel, zas and taki. Cass and kilik have no real reason other than the fact they have projectiles. Like why Cass? Eh. Even taki is a bit questionable. Zas and azwel get a pass (barely) by being established sorcerers/mages. I mean Cerv has a gun and 2b is guest so I guess she gets a pass. Taki has had absolutely no reason, even if it's one of my favourite moves of hers.

Tldr too many projectiles.

I didn't realize Kilik has a projectile. 🤔 Does he throw his staff or something?
No, he uses his staff to fire this spiritual energy during his Soul Charge. It was a part of his new moves for S2. I forget the input unfortunately.

Now we just have to wait for the devs to give Mitsurugi a Tanegashima and Voldo a Katar Toss as their own projectiles. Or better yet let’s give Ivy a ranged CS or SS. Kappa

Last edited:
I really hope I'm not alone in hoping that Cassandra loses her holy powers for SoulCalibur VII and gets back to her quick and brutal fighting style. Sophitia having protection from the gods makes sense, but not so much Cassandra. Sophitia aped one of Cassandra's lightning moves in season two, but... she can just have all of the elemental powers moving forward, as far as I'm concerned. I'd like Cassandra to return to how she once was, she really doesn't need the Divine Force mechanic; it's superfluous.

That being said, I like Amy's roses for flair, but having them tied to mechanics is a pain to essentially be railroaded into roses first always, in every fight ever, to unlock her true potential. It's annoying more than anything else. Taki having projectiles really isn't a stretch, though, already having access to bombs, caltrops, and other ninja tools, why not a shuriken/throwing knife? It's not like she focuses on it, either, it's just here and there, amongst her tools.

I . . . I thought this would’ve seemed more obvious.

@Crash X already laid out the very necessary explanation and, to me, more and more of Ivy’s bullshit should be considered as such. The “chain” attaching her sword to itself isn’t even made of an actual physical piece of matter.
I mean it worked fine with Link and he was a lot of fun to use so I don't really see what the panic's about. I don't see how that would be an issue when we've been through magical balls and mecha-wolves in this series.

I really hope I'm not alone in hoping that Cassandra loses her holy powers for SoulCalibur VII and gets back to her quick and brutal fighting style. Sophitia having protection from the gods makes sense, but not so much Cassandra. Sophitia aped one of Cassandra's lightning moves in season two, but... she can just have all of the elemental powers moving forward, as far as I'm concerned. I'd like Cassandra to return to how she once was, she really doesn't need the Divine Force mechanic; it's superfluous.

That being said, I like Amy's roses for flair, but having them tied to mechanics is a pain to essentially be railroaded into roses first always, in every fight ever, to unlock her true potential. It's annoying more than anything else. Taki having projectiles really isn't a stretch, though, already having access to bombs, caltrops, and other ninja tools, why not a shuriken/throwing knife? It's not like she focuses on it, either, it's just here and there, amongst her tools.

It makes sense thematically for Sophitia to have Divine force rather than Cassandra. The issue though is that the way the holy moves work don’t suit Sophitia in their current state either. When Sophi uses soulcharge she basically goes from a defensive character that relies on pokes/whiff punishing to full on offense (SC AS A+B spam comes to mind). I’d rather see Sophitia’s holy moves make her unsafe moves safe or something more defence oriented.

I can’t really comment on Amy’s roses since I never had much time in SC4. White and Purple rarely come into play in matches so maybe drop the colours besides Red.

Taki having move ranged options would be hard to balance IMO.

I really hope I'm not alone in hoping that Cassandra loses her holy powers for SoulCalibur VII and gets back to her quick and brutal fighting style. Sophitia having protection from the gods makes sense, but not so much Cassandra.
It's not your old man's Cassandra anymore, it's a new timeline with Cassandra being 50% of team major timeline breakers.

It's not your old man's Cassandra anymore, it's a new timeline with Cassandra being 50% of team major timeline breakers.
Zasalamel’s changes made sense, though, if he can send consciousness back in time why not the powers he gained from his Abyss form apparently? It doesn’t break down existing conventions like Cassandra’s does. You can’t even just ignore Divine Force and play her normally, it’s so ingrained into the moveset. I hate it, and Cassandra was one of my favorites to play back in the day. I’m not wholly against the attack gimmicks, either, just make them fitting. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. If we get Hwang back and he can shoot flames from his toes or something it would be equally off-putting.

I wonder if Setsuka will have some gimmiks, and if so what are those gonna be, but i can say that Sekiro would be a good source for some inspirations, there's a lot of great stuff they can take from this game.

Back