Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I predict SC6 to be last but I hope it can at least retain 7th place.

What surprises me is SamSho, guess most of the cross over that game had last year moved on to Granblue.

I think I've brought this idea up before, but if not a Soul of Kazuya, I'd like to see a Mishima ancestor, a progenitor of Mishima Karate, perhaps. Maybe they trained their fists to be like iron because they were forced to fight so many foes that relied on iron. Their moves can use all the rest of the Mishimas as a base, but be created with SoulCalibur in mind first. Not only would this avoid any balance issues caused by being "too faithful," it would give us a character who can actually stick around for multiple entries. I think those were the two main problems with our past two Mishima "guests." So this way we can kill two devils with one stone.

I'll join in reddit team and ask for it.. :sc1tak1:
jq65ula5twj41.jpg

Well, I think there is virtuall zero chance a slot will go to a new original character, but the question is one worth considering all the same. I really wouldn't mind seeing a meteor hammer, though I appreciate it would take some work to be made to look fluid and natural in the context of a game like this, where it needs to be able to strike and be recoiled quickly, over and over.

In any event, the overwhelmingly most important point for me is that the weapons be based in reality in terms of actual practicality, which in turn means looking to historical weapons--after all, if there was a method for slashing, stabbing or bludgeoning someone else, we found it as a species and then honed the design for generations into increasingly efficient instruments--rather than the kind of cringe-inducing "kewl" weapons that the character designers have been leading with in the original characters over recent games. No more hula-hoops, swords improbably gripped by the cross-guards or in the middle of their center of gravity making them much less practical than just half of that same weapon would be, and--for the love of Hephaestus--no more flipping wizards pulling their shape-shifting weapons from mid-air. Likewise (and in concert) some characters derived from actual cultures rather than bizarre anime-emo transplants would be nice. It's not that I don't appreciate that most of both the weapon forms and the historical cultures are superficial, goofy approximations on the real thing, insofar as how SC has always rendered them. But I appreciate at least a token effort towards some sense of realism and atmosphere. Enough Zweis, Grohs, Azwels, Algols, and Necrids. Just a little lip service paid towards the origins of the series in adopting the majority of its style from actual historical armed combat, rather than straight up nerd-fest anime fantasy fare.
I'll join in reddit team and ask for it.. :sc1tak1:
View attachment 71360

Oooh, it’s nice to see other people interested in weapons I’ve mentally begged for years for . . . I’d been beginning to think I was the complete and utter minority, especially for bringing back some form of tessen!

But I don’t use reddit 😅

Demuth was HORRID, what was PS THINKING. What was that STANCE, that VOICE, that FACE, oh my GOD NEVER AGAIN. PLEASE let the Lord slap them so that the weapon can be kept if not changed (made smaller or larger, perhaps?), and I’d say give it to either a young Japanese lord out to cleanse his parents or village of the evil seed (or something), or a more orthodox geisha if PS is gonna stick to blonde foreign Setsuka and keep her beautiful original design a happy memory. But that moveset has GOT to be MUCH smoother.

And regarding a meteor hammer, I hate the self-hypocrisy I’m about to pull as I completely agree with @Rusted Blade on at least heavily desaturating the increasingly weighty throwing-out of practicality . . . . BUT I’d love to see the style take from Gogo Yubari’s fight scene moves . . . at least, while she was winning.

Your company's SoulCalibur VI also had a numbering title of the series for a while, so it was hard?

"That was hard, wasn't it? Some of the members of the development and Okubo (producer Motohiro Okubo) said they wanted to do it, but everyone else thought it was tough and gave up. Before I started, I said, "I'll help you do what you can, but it's hard to do it now on the thorny path."

It was revived by rowing to the release in such a situation. I'm glad I managed to get there. "

1). A normal European Longsword user. Currently the closest thing we have is Geralt, but half of his arsenal is also magic plus he is not a SC original character and will be out by SC7. I imagine the style to draw heavily from HEMA and look close to For Honor Warden archetype with half-swording and murder strokes galore. Those things look cool as heck and are historically accurate on top of it:
Any European Knight type of a character should work. Salia Olschmidt in particular should do just fine.
The only possible reason against adding such a style as DLC for SC6 is the fact that delaying it up to SC7 instead will allow to salvage and repurpose some of Geralt's appropriate animations, which obviously can't be done withing SC6.

2). A normal Saber user. I would actually love to see an Eastern European warrior on the roster for once, so a Ukrainian Cossack or a Polish–Lithuanian Hussar. A lot of quick slashing moves are to be expected:
As far as the lore goes, you have multiple Cossack rebeions against Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth around 1590s as well as both sides dealing with raids by Ottoman Empire and Crimean Khanate, so everyone should have a reason to pursue Soul Edge.

3). A huge muscular barbarian woman (possibly a lesbian). Some kind of a reasonably oversized pole arm should work as a weapon.

4). I think we need a winged angel/demon character to salvage 2B's style, but that one obviously should be introduced in SC7 and not as a DLC for SC6.

Why is a barbarian woman type has to be a lesbian? There are enough gays in Soulcalibur.

Red Sonja type of barbarian or bust. (Obviously with different weapons from Sonja though almost all barbarian weapons have been covered, a Morning Star flail would be cool but that would be closer to Ivy, swords are everywhere, axes are Astaroth, Rock and Lizardman. Again, is difficult to cover) No more gays!!! Straight BAMF lass without rainbows, please!!!

Why is a barbarian woman type has to be a lesbian? There are enough gays in Soulcalibur.
It’s just a meme created from the days of when Vergeben (a notorious fake leaker) was going on about a possible new female for SC6, one of which being a barbarian type woman, now it’s generally something that nearly everyone here likes to jokingly (sometimes half jokingly) include in their fourth S2 DLC speculations (or in Dissidia’s case, to ruffle a certain someone’s feathers).

Gimme some Colonel Wołodyjowski and we're settled
But who am I kidding - they will bring some over the top anime trope character again

"There are enough gays in Soulcalibur"
There's not one confirmed gay character in this series lmao
I'm sure PS adding a couple "rainbows" wouldn't kill you, my guy 🙄

Anyway, I'm so on board for any fan wielder, be it a single fan or dual fans. I think it'd be interesting to have maybe some kind of European noblewoman wielding a bladed lace fan. Maybe not the most practical but I still think it'd be pretty cool.
As for the infamous Barbarian, as long as she's not essentially a slightly more toned Ivy in a fur bikini I'm all for it. But PS being PS, that's exactly what she'd become.
Though it'd be sweet if she could wield maybe a pair of hammers or something.

Why is a barbarian woman type has to be a lesbian?
It's a local meme, I don't really care what her preferences are as fas as she can hit hard with her weapon.
Red Sonja type of barbarian or bust. (Obviously with different weapons from Sonja though almost all barbarian weapons have been covered, a Morning Star flail would be cool but that would be closer to Ivy, swords are everywhere, axes are Astaroth, Rock and Lizardman. Again, is difficult to cover)
I've previously suggested some kind of a pole arm, also that would be closer to Mi-na, still my hope is that making it less acrobatic and more brute force heavy should at the end of the day make enough difference.
Alternatively some people here were suggesting an unarmed combatant, which I think is a little bit too far, yet something close to that idea such as bladed gauntlets/brass knuckles might actually work for our barbarian woman. Something similar to Shredder's weapons:
Shredder-TMNT.jpg

Why is a barbarian woman type has to be a lesbian
The artist (real_xxiii) who supposedly inspired PJ to created this dark skinned muscular character, specializes in drawing lesbian characters. She became a 'barbarian' due to several posts by Nyte speculating that maybe Rock would change sex or to be replaced by her, she became a 'lesbian' after I decided to troll him with Dissidia. Kappa

Back