Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Not to mention how Mitsu is not even the only character in SC wearing such a thing, SC6 Taki has it as well and I bet we'll be able to find more should we go beyond SC6.

I was only made aware of these prayer beads when I went to Hong Kong about 15 years ago, you get these conmen dressed as Buddhist monks trying to sell them to tourists for extortionate prices.

I was only made aware of these prayer beads when I went to Hong Kong about 15 years ago, you get these conmen dressed as Buddhist monks trying to sell them to tourists for extortionate prices.
I mean you have some variations of those things almost in every culture. In Christianity it's called beads on a Rosary, in Judaism it's Tzitzit, in Islam it's Misbaha, in Hinduism it's Japamala, in Buddhism it's Fozhu / Juzu / Yeomju and so on.

I recently played SCV again, and have to admit Viola is really cool design and look, the whole girl with hoodie with cristal ball, with cool orientalish theme. I think i'm ok if they brought her back if they manage to find a way to make her balanced.
If they could get rid of that back grab infinite and the ToD (Touch of Death) combos, I think she’d be a welcome return to the roster, be it as Amy or just a playable character alongside her.

Tuesday, the 24th of March, is a far more realistic prediction. I’m just saying don’t get your hopes up for anything sooner, lest ye be disappointed. :sc4amy1:

And I can’t stress enough how literally every character in the game, base or DLC, has been restricted by the story leading up to but not starting SoulCalibur II events. Expecting Viola in SoulCalibur VI is very unrealistic. You may as well be looking forward to Natsu and Leixia. Z.W.E.I. might could happen, considering we don’t know his origins, but he’s also possible he’s Grøh or Wilhelm (I lean Grøh), so that might also similarly be unfeasible. Zasalamel flat out confirmed that Algol’s awakening was halted in Libra of Souls, that he will remain dormant, so that’s not very likely either. I’m not trying to be mean, I’m just emphasizing it’s important to temper your expectations according to what we’ve been given so far.

Tuesday, the 24th of March, is a far more realistic prediction. I’m just saying don’t get your hopes up for anything sooner, lest ye be disappointed. :sc4amy1:

And I can’t stress enough how literally every character in the game, base or DLC, has been restricted by the story leading up to but not starting SoulCalibur II events. Expecting Viola in SoulCalibur VI is very unrealistic. You may as well be looking forward to Natsu and Leixia. Z.W.E.I. might could happen, considering we don’t know his origins, but he’s also possible he’s Grøh or Wilhelm (I lean Grøh), so that might also similarly be unfeasible. Zasalamel flat out confirmed that Algol’s awakening was halted in Libra of Souls, that he will remain dormant, so that’s not very likely either. I’m not trying to be mean, I’m just emphasizing it’s important to temper your expectations according to what we’ve been given so far.
Well iirc you suggested that Hilde is highly unlikely for story reasons as well yet here we are.
I personally hope for legacy characters and perhaps a newcomer or two in potential season 3 but as I said many times - if they want to put Viola in the game - they will.
If they want to put Algol in the game - they will.
If they want to put Optimus Prime in the game - they will.

The truth is that atm we don't and can't know for sure who will be included except for Haohmaru (Not even Setsu tho she is like a 95% bet)

Well iirc you suggested that Hilde is highly unlikely for story reasons as well yet here we are.
Hilde was unlikely, yes, but still doesn't break anything to give her an origin story and set it up. Hilde shocked us all being the yellow reveal, which is how/why I have any belief that pink may actually somehow not be Setsuka, because we expected Hwang, and got Hilde, so we're expecting Setsuka, and then if it's literally anyone else, it's also a shocker on the same level. But back to Hilde's story, being an origin, that's fine because no one else was there to represent her. You can't say that for Viola, because she's literally Amy, and we already got the how/why of her story in Amy's Soul Chronicle, so the only part left is the when, which is still in the future, because Amy's story right now is going to Ostrheinsburg to save Raphael. The only way Viola's story works in SoulCalibur VI is if she prematurely turns into Viola on the way to Ostrheinsburg and isn't able to reach Raphael, and I find that highly unlikely.

I personally hope for legacy characters and perhaps a newcomer or two in potential season 3 but as I said many times - if they want to put Viola in the game - they will.
If they want to put Algol in the game - they will.
If they want to put Optimus Prime in the game - they will.

The truth is that atm we don't and can't know for sure who will be included except for Haohmaru (Not even Setsu tho she is like a 95% bet)
Viola I've addressed, Algol I've addressed, Optimus Prime is just silly and no lol -- I get the spirit of what you're saying, I'm just saying there is a logical thread to follow, all the same, and they've gone through a lot of trouble to set a precedence in the base game and continue to do so with the DLC, it doesn't make sense to break it and do whatever all of a sudden when they already have a logical flow. An Algol origin story would be back in the ancient times, so it doesn't fit on the timeline in the opposite manner from 2B's story not fitting on the timeline because hers is in the distant future.

@DanteSC3
My point is not to argue for it being probable, my point is to argue against it being impossible for Viola to appear.
You put a lot of emphasis on the story aspect and in that context you're making valid points and I would in no way disagree. The thing is that we don't even know who is calling shots for character inclusion - is it someone from PS or someone from Namco's higher-ups. If it's the latter, then the main (if not only) factor will be profitability and considering that Viola is quite popular it would make her a good choice. How would that fit with the story? Make Viola some kind of a clone or a visitor from a parallel timeline or a visitor from the future or a spiritual manifestation of Amy's future - the options are limitless. Would that make for a good storytelling? No, but we shouldn't act like SC's story is some profound example of it either.

All in all - I hope to see all of the legacy cast and some new interesting characters brought instead of Viola or any other post SCIV character but I still think that excluding possibility of those characters inclusion based on story is flawed

Attachments

• IMG_20200306_125818.jpg
    IMG_20200306_125818.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 180
Corona-Chan claims the TWT and soulcalibur world tour.

I swear if they delay the DLC as well because they were timing it with events I’m gonna be very sad...

But let’s be very clear. There is no chance in hell that soulcalibur 6 is releasing dlc next week Tuesday.

The most likely candidate for that is Tekken 7

I swear if they delay the DLC as well because they were timing it with events I’m gonna be very sad...

But let’s be very clear. There is no chance in hell that soulcalibur 6 is releasing dlc next week Tuesday.

The most likely candidate for that is Tekken 7
They just updated the dlc database on steam. So I’m pretty sure there is still a high chance of dlc being released specially since it seems that it’s ready.

The opposite scenario might as well be true in which they were planning to sit on the DLC for a little bit of extra time to release it along a tournament, but now might as well put it out earlier instead.

They just updated the dlc database on steam. So I’m pretty sure there is still a high chance of dlc being released specially since it seems that it’s ready.

just because the database updates doesn't mean the dlc is just ready to drop. It takes weeks for it to be approved for the stores on PS4/Xbox/Steam.

This is why it is most likely that the Haohmaru DLC is coming out around the 17th or the 24th.

Tekken 7 on the other hand, was updated a few weeks ago on steamdb so that means the DLC should be ready to release on the 10th

Back