Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

CaS E:
latest

By the way, it appears there are not one, not two, but three different time of the day lighting setups on Haohmaru's stage:
View attachment 71831View attachment 71832View attachment 71833
All of which appear to be more artistically rich and engaging than the majority of the current maps, low standard though that may be.

We have that official recolor for her, and I think that's the most we'll get on that front.
That and the fact that I think there is something of a Viola twist suggested in Amy's standard SCVI outfit.

But whoever it is, Tekken people or not, who insists that the modern pieces are the priority, really needs to stop.
I actually kind of like a lot of the modern attire--more the mundane stuff than the occupational outfits, though the latter occasionally offer a niche item that is useful in some replicative efforts. Or at least, I like these modern items a whole lot more than some of the more ridiculous fantasy stuff. Even more ideal would be the return of any of a large number of older legacy items from games previous to SCV, and/or a wide array of actual historical garbs from a decent variety of cultures and eras. But the modern stuff is fairly useful to many of my CaS, and I'm all for it being a robust selection. That said, it's been edging out other varieties of garb in the most recent DLC packs, and one doesn't have to be a time/place purist to find that isn't the ideal balance.

But the one that blows me away is those boxing gloves. What!? Not one character in this game can even realistically utilize their style with those. I'd like to believe it's a cheeky little overture to a brawler style being added, but given the timing...unless they already know for a fact they have Tifa on the line for a license, or they are just going to use a Tekken character for the third season's guest, why even add them? Let alone make them the centerpiece for the poster advertising the content? It seems like you are just begging to encourage the perception that this content is an afterthought with a random grab-bag of old, barely adjusted objects thrown into a release half-assedly. Mind you, I'll be at the front of the parade celebrating Tifa if that should come to pass, but neither she nor any other brawler seems likely in the short term.

Last edited:
I'm just curious about his drinking thing, if it works with gameplay he may end much more hype than i ever though, if it's just his taunt then meh. Looks good still, he seems slower than mitsu, guess he'll do more damages then to compensate the fact he's a bit slow.

Looks cool overall, pretty sure Hao maru fans should be excited AF, this just make me excited more about Setsuka and Hwang.

It's funny how they managed to sneak him in at the last second in March. I felt it would be utterly crushing disappointment for him to release in April but here they go surprising us!

Full CaS Pack D item list is up. I recommend taking deep breaths to control the seething anger you'll feel after looking at it.
I do like the Usurper’s undergarment return, but this is overall pretty weak. Imagine if we only had one part for every three of those hit effects...

We need ban japanese fans from this franchise, Okubo put the stup*d Kittymeow Suit without tail..
That and the wingless Archangel breastplate should've been part of an update tbh. Having us pay for equipment we already have that's just been slightly tweaked is ridiculous.

If y'all ever catch me giving PS the benefit of the doubt and insinuating they have any idea what makes a good CaS pack after this, please hit me.

That and the wingless Archangel breastplate should've been part of an update tbh. Having us pay for equipment we already have that's just been slightly tweaked is ridiculous.

If y'all ever catch me giving PS the benefit of the doubt and insinuating they have any idea what makes a good CaS pack after this, please hit me.
Don’t forget the t-shirt, swimwear, and duffel bag...

...but at least we got Ivy’s 1p/2p earrings from SoulCalibur V?

Huh....two generic authority figure (military/police) caps, a leather body suit covered in straps, a furry outfit, boxer attire and a bananna hamock. I mean...in all likelihood, probably not an entirely conscious decision, but I have to say, there's nevertheless a rather conspicuous bara/leather culture vibe on this pack.

Back