Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Where's Mi-na squad to see this unused outfit ! :sc2min3:

Just a quick edit of this concept art.

Mina Sophitia outfits.jpg

https://survey.bn-ent.net/Q/en/000000scviopinion/enq1/

Another chance to make requests. I myself, asked for Network related improvements and sent them this:

I want you to add:

- The Area filter in Ranked Match so that I don't get matched with overseas connections anymore, which are often laggy.

- 2B and Haohmaru's stages (and other future stages) to Ranked Match and Arcade.

I want you to change/fix:

- How the game matches you with opponents in Ranked Match. Instead of being matched automatically, let the game show the opponent's connection strength and let the game give you the option to accept or decline the match. If no option is selected after 10 seconds, the game will search for a new opponent.

- The invite players setting in Casual Match. Let everyone be able to invite players instead of only the room's host.

- Inputs randomly freezing while you are typing a message in Casual Match.

Sophie dark recolor looks sick, but is it me or did they reduce her breast size on that one?
gasp.gif
I mean, clearly the two variations on that design were sketched roughly contemporaneously and the darker one is ever so slightly less busty, but "reduced" suggests a more or less conscious decision where I would suspect this was just a drafting variation, given it is concept art.

For that matter, depending on when these were made, it might be more accurate to say the lighter version actually increased the bust over the previous designs: like virtually all female characters in the franchise, Sophie's bustline has been going up steadily over time. I actually find it obnoxious: putting aside this or that fan's tolerance/intolerance/craving for fan service and the question of whether or not it's silly or problematic or harmless (a discussion which we've had here in the past but which I don't think we need to revive today), I just don't like the inconsistency: I tried to put together a rough facsimile of her SCIII 3P a while back and (in addition to a few other issues which made a close approximation difficult), it just really highlights how much her physique has...well, there is no subtle way to say it...inflated in the intervening fifteen years of design iterations. I actually had to selectively choose images from angles that de-emphasized her, uh, features, because otherwise the incongruity just screams out. Ditto for Cassie. I mean, all of the female characters have this trend to some extent, but for whatever reason it seems more pronounced (or maybe just more noticeable) with the Alexandra sisters.

Last edited:
No wonder i fucking love Setsuka so much. She stems from Taki in a way and was supposed to replace her, even. Although, i'm so glad they didn't replace her cause if they did, maybe we wouldn't have gotten the Setsuka we know today.

I might be reading too much into it and they might be two completely different characters, though.

Anyways, gimme Setsuka trailer on 19th plz.

While it's fun to speculate over the name, the English speaking community here needs to dial it back because name Se-tsu-ka is just made of three syllables of the Katakana Hiragana alphabet. For example, while we use four letters for the name Lisa, the Japanese would break it up like Li-sa, or Re-sa because the Japanese R's and L's share the same sound. That's why you sometimes see jokes of a Japanese man saying "Do you rike it".

If you like to know more, start by having some fun learning the Katagana Hiragana Alphabet here.

Nice. I submitted three separate forms, since it apparently only lets you choose one category.

For Network:
  • Rollback netcode
  • Online multiplayer training mode
  • Replay download system as in SCV
For Creation:
  • Let us customize characters based on colors 3 and 4
  • The ability to add stickers to weapons, especially surfaces like flags and shields
  • Actual facial hair
  • Customization options for Lizardmen, including different heads and pattern on the skin. Also asked for at least the SC4 and 5 Aeon armors, one of which is already in LoS lmao.
  • Classic hairstyles to go with the classic costumes they've released (Cassandra, Amy, SCV Sieg, etc)
  • Furry and mech races (easy asset reuses)
And then as a standalone comment, I asked for 2P costumes.

If you care about any of these things, I recommend you ask for them too so they can see there's demand for them.

At this point, I think it’s safe to say almost everyone wants to see improvements to the game’s online components. Especially given that the COVID-19 pandemic has shut down a lot of offline tournaments.

WRT Setsu's name; it's not the same 'Setsu' that's used in Setsuka's name. The former is「」while the latter is 「」. Two totally different kanji with totally different meanings. That being said, apparently the thing about Setsu's name relating to snow was a misunderstanding due to the similar pronunciations.
Otherwise known as why Japanese is annoying to learn and/or why kanji exists.

Otherwise known as why Japanese is annoying to learn and/or why kanji exists.
Kanji is the hardest part about learning Japanese in my opinion. Even a single Kanji has multiple readings. "" can be read as "Yuki" in Kunyomi or as "Setsu" in Onyomi.

If I recall, they even use some random Kanji and give it a completely different reading than the Kunyomi and Onyomi readings in action Manga and Light Novels for the cool factor.

https://survey.bn-ent.net/Q/en/000000scviopinion/enq1/

Another chance to make requests. I myself, asked for Network related improvements and sent them this:

I want you to add:

- The Area filter in Ranked Match so that I don't get matched with overseas connections anymore, which are often laggy.

- 2B and Haohmaru's stages (and other future stages) to Ranked Match and Arcade.

I want you to change/fix:

- How the game matches you with opponents in Ranked Match. Instead of being matched automatically, let the game show the opponent's connection strength and let the game give you the option to accept or decline the match. If no option is selected after 10 seconds, the game will search for a new opponent.

- The invite players setting in Casual Match. Let everyone be able to invite players instead of only the room's host.

- Inputs randomly freezing while you are typing a message in Casual Match.

My Request to The SC Staff
"I want to request the addition of a World Competition mode similar to SC3 with tournament/League system.
The point on that would be:
*For casual players to expirience the thrill of Esports
*Creating a challenging atmosphere to lure in non-players of SC
*Allow more than 2 persons in the same room to be involved with the playthrough

Thank you Project Soul "

My only wish to go back to my lovely expirience with SC3

Kanji is the hardest part about learning Japanese in my opinion. Even a single Kanji has multiple readings. "" can be read as "Yuki" in Kunyomi or as "Setsu" in Onyomi.

If I recall, they even use some random Kanji and give it a completely different reading than the Kunyomi and Onyomi readings in action Manga and Light Novels for the cool factor.
Well, I absolutely agree that learning kanji (or for that matter, any large logographic system) is definitely no fun for a second language learner, but I would still argue that (particularly for native English speakers and those coming from a similar language typology background) syntax and morphology are an even much bigger hurdle. After-all, depending on context, you can get by with speaking some Japanese without any knowledge of kanji--if you are communicating verbally or via text with someone who is indulgent in their use of the syllabaries or even romanji. And even if you do need to be textually fluent, it really comes down to memorization and the characters will fall into place in the memory of most learners with enough time, without need to really understand anything structural.

By comparison, Japanese syntax cannot be reduced to discrete memorization. To understand it, you have to internalize different standard word orders in how verb, subject, and object interact (although Japanese is somewhat more flexible in this regard when compared against English, one still needs to understand the standard approach if they want to sound fluent), and get used to the agglutinative aspect of how heavily Japanese relies on particles. Then throw on to that the levels of formality, the heavy number of modifiers for most parts of speech and where they operate as morphological constructions and where they are particles... I mean, none of it is fun, but I'd argue that the grammar is actually likely to the be the largest longterm issue with achieving fluency and and a useful level of daily usage.

i requested for more masks-

Vane Mask, Battle Mask, Tragic Mask, Magician's Mask, Ancient Mask and Kishin Mask from SC4

as well Hawk Talon from SC3

Ivy's Belle set from SC4

Tiger Lily set

even Coast Guard Headband and Hwang;s Tattoo from SC1

The Hip Skirt and Flat Beret are my most wanted items.
Heck I’d take a night cap if we must get silly stuff. That’s a key component to creating Link if you think about it.

Well, I absolutely agree that learning kanji (or for that matter, any large logographic system) is definitely no fun for a second language learner, but I would still argue that (particularly for native English speakers and those coming from a similar language typology background) syntax and morphology are an even much bigger hurdle. After-all, depending on context, you can get by with speaking some Japanese without any knowledge of kanji--if you are communicating verbally or via text with someone who is indulgent in their use of the syllabaries or even romanji. And even if you do need to be textually fluent, it really comes down to memorization and the characters will fall into place in the memory of most learners with enough time, without need to really understand anything structural.

By comparison, Japanese syntax cannot be reduced to discrete memorization. To understand it, you have to internalize different standard word orders in how verb, subject, and object interact (although Japanese is somewhat more flexible in this regard when compared against English, one still needs to understand the standard approach if they want to sound fluent), and get used to the agglutinative aspect of how heavily Japanese relies on particles. Then throw on to that the levels of formality, the heavy number of modifiers for most parts of speech and where they operate as morphological constructions and where they are particles... I mean, none of it is fun, but I'd argue that the grammar is actually likely to the be the largest longterm issue with achieving fluency and and a useful level of daily usage.
I was speaking from my own experience when I studied Japanese. I had a much easier time with grammar and syntax than I did with Kanji, granted I was already bilingual before studying Japanese so it may have subconsciously helped me get used to word order that's different from English.

Did you also study Japanese?

Last edited:
I played SE as a kid and always thought Mi-na and Hwang were a couple or something, I think it's clear the feelings he has for her, but I think Mi-na doesn't want a housewife like Sophitia and Xianghua.
latest
latest

so I hope they stay together and their kids outsold Xiba and Leixia.
That picture on the left is from SB times?

Back