Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

As I feared, it seems my desires are an abomination to 99% of the readers. But every other character seems to have gotten easier along with gimmicks and whatnot.
I mean, take Amy, though I understand it’s not quite the same case — I certainly remember when her KA and maximum-hit BB options out of 236 were Just Frame-restricted, and they removed that in SCVI!

So I, in honesty, expected to basically be seen as a wimp, but still don’t understand why doing so to Setsuka would be such a sin.

But every other character seems to have gotten easier along with gimmicks and whatnot.
This is what i fear the most regarding Setsuka. I hope to god they don't water her down or unnecessarily lock some of her signature moves behind dumb stances just for the sake of giving her a new "feel". The way she played in SCIV was the closest thing to perfection. They should just add to it a couple of new moves, maybe a new stance that in no way affects the charm of her already existing stuff.

Unpopular (but honest) opinion: I wouldn't mind it at all if Setsuka is 99% the same as she was in SCIV, and the only new thing they add is her CE and SC. Yes, i'm that paranoid.

If they insist on making Setsuka more accessible for everyone by letting people do her just frame moves without actually doing the just frames (like Maxi's B+KBBBA and Gloomy Tira's 4BBB) then they must change the properties on her moves instead of only changing the damage. For example, people can do 1BB without doing the just frame, but it won't stun, 2143BB without the just frame won't extend combos, 1AAA without the just frames won't knock down the opponent, etc. She would become more appealing for people of lower skill levels, but would remain difficult to master and satisfying to play for higher skilled players. That's the only approach I'm willing to accept. Not encouraging people to put in effort or removing just frames entirely is unacceptable.

As I feared, it seems my desires are an abomination to 99% of the readers. But every other character seems to have gotten easier along with gimmicks and whatnot.
Not really. Several characters have gotten quite a learning curve increase in SC6. Raphael and Taki in particular are significantly more difficult to use at a higher level compared to the previous games.

Not really. Several characters have gotten quite a learning curve increase in SC6. Raphael and Taki in particular are significantly more difficult to use at a higher level compared to the previous games.
Both of which I think are a lot more fun to play, imo. With this Setsuka thing, I think that @Apoc Revolution is saying is closest to perfection. I doubt they will do too many moves locked behind JF though it's possible. But as a dlc character, I would have thought that she'd be made at least a tad more accessible.

I also played Setsuka at least decently during Sciv and aPat during SCV and they were some of the most fun I've had playing any characters in SC (I preferred aPat tho... Sorry I just prefer scv speed). After the time I put into both of these characters, it's kinda suck for it to become a lot easier to play. I actually really get that. I'm not a good player by any stretch, but I planned Setsuka and aPat for ages. It'd be nice to feel like it was REALLY worth putting the time in.

Alpha Patroklos was a lot more fun to play than Setsuka, but it’s mostly because of how abysmally slow SoulCalibur IV was and how imbalanced and mechanically broken SoulCalibur III was. Setsuka can’t catch a break, because odds are good she’s going to have some sort of gimmick like Cassandra and Amy now, so it’s possible she still won’t be as fluid and sleek as her protégé.

Also . . . remove a couple Just Frames ^ ^’
This is what I’m scared to desire because I feel like people will think I’m a p*#sy. But in honesty, I’d definitely adore if, at least, Sakura Air Combo (:1::A::A::A::5:) and Reverse Blade (:1::B::B::5:) could just be normal moves.

Setsuka's identity is just frames. If all her JFs were just normal moves she would be very easy to play & lose her identity.

Perfect example of a character become easier is Dragunov from T6/TTT2 - T7.

It reminds me of how annoying Amy's SCIV 66B became. In that game the JF was incredibly easy to perform but now it turned into 666B which feels awkward. Probably just a matter of getting used to but still. Hope they wont mess up with Setsu like that

The N.Y.T.E. Police would like to know your location. 👀
S.O.U.L PD, too.

everytime-i-hear-about-the-government-saying-that-they-just-want-to-talk-to-snowden--37667.png

I really do hope that at least two of Alpha Patroklos’s weapons return. Having options that don’t have an umbrella attached will help for creativity. Hidden Sword was my favorite, but Entelechia and Dainslef were fine too.
Ooh, that gives me an idea. Since Alpha Patroklos used Setsuka's moveset... does that mean Setsuka in SC6 will use Patroklos' moveset?

Ooh, that gives me an idea. Since Alpha Patroklos used Setsuka's moveset... does that mean Setsuka in SC6 will use Patroklos' moveset?
Considering that Xianghua definitely lifted some stuff from Leixia, but Taki didn’t take Natsu’s best stuff, I’d say it’s about 50/50.

Considering that Xianghua definitely lifted some stuff from Leixia, but Taki didn’t take Natsu’s best stuff, I’d say it’s about 50/50.
Now I want a trailer at EVO where you see Setsuka slowly walk into frame with her umbrella, crowd is going wild (well, the crowd as in the 2 people allowed into the venue), and then Setsuka pulls out a short sword and shield out of the umbrella! And then the crowd starts flipping every table in sight.

Patroklos never did really use the iaido applications of his odd shield sheath, you know. It could be a refreshing take to be able to use it to block and then pull out the sword for quick strikes.

Back