Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Unpopular and controversial opinion: If YS don't appear in Season 3 I hope Natalie is real, because I don't want see Algol, Dampierre or Tifa as DLC in this game.

I don't think this is Unpopular tbh

And huh, i'll be so pissed if they put Tifa in SC instead Tekken, that would be a full circle of nonsens after Noctis in T7

I don't know the others, I just don't think he's a priority over the others who should be in the game, he was a DLC on SC 5, saved sales? sorry but NO. If PS decides to put him as a DLC in the next game, I'm fine, but right now just gimme the last 4 'clones': Lizardman, Rock, YS and Li Long. :sc5dam1:

I don't see how a glove/gauntlet style is any more out of place here than katars, tonfa, or any other short range weapon that's already in or has been in.

I would be ecstatic to see Tifa in SoulCalibur, as I may or may not have brought up before. I kind of think I would prefer her to be in a theoretically better SoulCalibur VII (hoho! FFVII in SCVII!), but I certainly wouldn't complain about her getting in earlier.

Last edited:
I would be ecstatic to see Tifa in SoulCalibur, as I may or may not have brought up before. I kind of think I would prefer her to be in a theoretically better SoulCalibur VII (hoho! FFVII in SCVII!), but I certainly wouldn't complain about her getting in earlier.
So you’re saying we need Sabin instead?

Taki's SC3 Costume is my favorite in terms of design, but i prefer her to be red .

I like all the posts he's making, so I'll be disappointed if he starts getting more replies similar to the one he got to that tweet.

Nagging an art director about SC6 news has no effect besides maybe convincing him to stop posting stuff like this.

I can't stand people like that.

So you’re saying we need Sabin instead?
Sure, match VI with VI now. Then Tifa could follow for VII, Chickenwuss can join in for VIII, and IX could bring in everyone's favorite FF character: the people's champion Amarant.

And then Lost Swords 2 can have...I dunno, I bet theres a monk from one of the gachas they could throw in. That would work.

But seriously though, I'm not sure why I feel so ready for a SoulCalibur VII, even though I really like VI and am looking forward to the rest of this season. Guess I'm just eager for a big step forward or something.

But seriously though, I'm not sure why I feel so ready for a SoulCalibur VII, even though I really like VI and am looking forward to the rest of this season. Guess I'm just eager for a big step forward or something.
Having a definite answer as to where we’re going with this “reboot” is definitely something I’m looking forward to, and we’ll likely get some answers in SoulCalibur VII, while the rest of our SoulCalibur VI DLC folk will continue to be bound by the timeline leading up to SoulCalibur II, mostly just repeating the past in a more cohesive manner. SoulCalibur VI is nice, but the future is potentially even more exciting.

decides to put him as a DLC in the next game, I'm fine, but right now just gimme the last 4 'clones': Lizardman, Rock, YS and Li Long. :sc5dam1:

As much as this makes sense,, those 4 don't make that compelling of a season pass.
Since there are generic lizardman bodies for CAS, its going to be very confusing if a true unique lizardman moveset comes out. People less familiar with the series would be thinking (do I already have him unlocked ?)

I don't see how a glove/gauntlet style is any more out of place here than katars, tonfa, or any other short range weapon that's already in or has been in.
Except katars, tonfas, or any short ranged weapon in Calibur aren’t even in the same league as Azwel’s gauntlets. Hell, I wouldn’t even classify the gauntlets as short ranged weapons given what can come out of them.

Hot take. "Unarmed" fighting style á la fe3h gauntlets. Specifically the steel or silver ones. Weapons that can be seen as weapons, but that still feel unarmed enough. Basically grieve edge for hands. I'd like that.

What are the chances we'll get something this Thursday? It'll be two months since Hoahmaru's announcement and release.

grieve edge
Either grieve edge or Brawler style like Tifa from FF7, it would bring a different touch to the game. Personally i did not like the Devil Jin style in SC5 because it was bound to the movelist of Tekken. If the move are much more intuitive and practical (or even acrobatic like Tifa) it would please alot of people (hoping @Autumn)

I feel like the likelihood of a Final Fantasy guest isn’t that great, personally. Allegedly, we were supposed to have Cloud back on SoulCalibur II for PS2, but we got Heihachi instead. Lightning would have been perfect for SoulCalibur V, particularly considering her new rival for Final Fantasy XIII-2, still fresh, was almost literally wielding Soul Edge, so it would have been a neat tie-in, but we only got Ali Hillis as a custom character voice, which seems almost too on the nose, like they were working on it, it fell through, then they got Ezio instead. I may be reading too much into it, but it feels like they can’t seem to land the deal when it comes to Final Fantasy guests.

Since there are generic lizardman bodies for CAS, its going to be very confusing if a true unique lizardman moveset comes out.
I said 'lizardman' to reinforce the style I want (small ax & shield), many use 'Aeon' to refer to the SC 5 version, we know it's the same character.

I feel like the likelihood of a Final Fantasy guest isn’t that great, personally. Allegedly, we were supposed to have Cloud back on SoulCalibur II for PS2, but we got Heihachi instead. Lightning would have been perfect for SoulCalibur V, particularly considering her new rival for Final Fantasy XIII-2, still fresh, was almost literally wielding Soul Edge, so it would have been a neat tie-in, but we only got Ali Hillis as a custom character voice, which seems almost too on the nose, like they were working on it, it fell through, then they got Ezio instead. I may be reading too much into it, but it feels like they can’t seem to land the deal when it comes to Final Fantasy guests.
If we're counting Tekken, though, they landed that deal.

Granted, I see more of the mutual benefit to both parties there. SC/Namco definitely stands to benefit more in the most obvious ways from a crossover featuring a FFVII guest character than FFVIIR/Square Enix stands to benefit from letting SC borrow a FFVII character.

That being said, SE has made two deals with Namco in very recent memory: allowing Noctis in Tekken and 2B in SC (at least I assume SE, as publisher of the "NieR" games, still had some approval role with 2B).

If good relationships were established during those processes and SE feels that Namco did justice to the characters, we could see a FFVII character loaned out to SC as a way of keeping those connections fresh and keeping fan interest up during the drought as we await the next installment in the remake project. Even if it's not going to offer as immediate a benefit to Square Enix as to Namco, it could still be worthwhile.

Last edited:
Back