Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Evo 2020 will be the reveal of Setsuka, with her being available shortly afterwards. I suspect Hwang will also be revealed but he will be playable about a month later.
Forgive me if I sound entitled, but that's way too long to wait. I'd rather they show a trailer now with a typical "Coming Soon™" and then release the character a month or two later rather than sitting on their thumbs for an extra 3 months. We don't need to repeat the Cassandra situation.

I can't wait two more months. I won't be able to make it.
bf364b85e974ec479e34cec7a45d4c3a.gif

A teaser, a "coming soon" with cherry blossoms, a silhouette, ANYTHING!!!!!

I suspect Hwang will also be revealed but he will be playable about a month later.
I think that's probably pretty unlikely (even under these circumstances that have some potential to shake things up a bit): each and every reveal of the next character has happened months after the release of the immediately previous one. I wouldn't expect them to change that approach in general, and indeed,if they decide to wait until Evo to reveal Setsuka, I doubt that that Hwang will then also be in a state appropriate for a reveal. It just doesn't add up with how they have have approached their staggered development, reveals, and releases for their season pass characters.

On the other hand, yes, it was always highly unlikely that there would be a reveal this month; I have not gone back to crunch the numbers on the dates, but I'm pretty sure a reveal trailer today would have made for one of the quicker turn-arounds on a reveal after a previous release, and clearly anyone wanting to think realistically rather than rosily under the current circumstances should be adjusting their their target expectations in the opposite direction. Still, if I had to guess, it's not far off. If I had to make a bet, gun to my head, two weeks or so for a reveal, five to seven weeks thereafter for the release.

In another Earth from a parallel universe, Setsuka may be released in June and Hwang is revealed at EVO online and come in mid August.. :sc4set2: October Season 3 tease !! :sc4roc1:
In this earth, I’ll just keep playing more games in my backlog while I’m spending all my time at home away from the coronavirus and only really being mildly annoyed that the DLC is taking so long. I’m also a bit gobsmacked that they decided to release Yakuza 7 on PC before Yakuza 3-5 Collection and Yakuza 6, but that’s another matter. Also, we have heard literally nothing about Tales of Arise since January. But it’s alright, I have a lot more games to play...

It’s actually not alright, send help.

It sucks that all of Namco's World Tour have been cancelled due to COVID - 19, but a new patch may be coming soon for SCVI.

2020-05-29_1232.png

It sucks that all of Namco's World Tour have been cancelled due to COVID - 19, but a new patch may be coming soon for SCVI.

Usually the qa_patch branches are the ones that change before a new patch, so personally I'm not expecting an update very soon. That dev_latest branch is interesting though, as I don't think it's ever been there before.

a few pages back yall were talking about Tifa being a contender for guest DLC....

Why would they use Tifa on SoulCalibur when Tekken is their golden child?

a few pages back yall were talking about Tifa being a contender for guest DLC....

Why would they use Tifa on SoulCalibur when Tekken is their golden child?
Because Tekken already has Noctis, a sword user in a fist-fighting game, so I guess you may as well complete the nonsense with Tifa in a weapon fighter? I dunno.

Also WRT "golden child", I don't think Namco likes Tekken as much as they let on, but that's off-topic and a rant for another day lol

Because Tekken already has Noctis, a sword user in a fist-fighting game, so I guess you may as well complete the nonsense with Tifa in a weapon fighter? I dunno.

Also WRT "golden child", I don't think Namco likes Tekken as much as they let on, but that's off-topic and a rant for another day lol

But it’s not like there’s is a trade going on... they don’t owe us Tifa because Tekken got Noctis...that’s just due to Harada trying to shock people and soulcalibur not being out at the time.

I don’t think soulcalibur has the clout it needs to get a final fantasy guest character

But it’s not like there’s is a trade going on... they don’t owe us Tifa because Tekken got Noctis...that’s just due to Harada trying to shock people and soulcalibur not being out at the time.

I don’t think soulcalibur has the clout it needs to get a final fantasy guest character
Valid point. I think the "Noctis is already in Tekken" thing still stands though, since two guest characters from the same series is something that doesn't happen very often unless it's Smash.

Also, if Harada was trying to shock people with Noctis, then he's definitely not going to want Tifa. That makes too much sense. Kappa

Back