Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

How is even the stage that is a pedestal in a generic exapanse better in the 15-year-old game than its analog in SCVI? Stage design has got to be the most disappointing element of the game for this fan. :(
Yeah, VI's stage design leaves a lot to be desired... I know they had a shoestring budget, but I do wish there were a wider variety of stages, especially the more iconic ones like Voldo's Money Pit.

I didn't know that the COtS stage was available on SC3:A.E.
It makes sense that it would be. It was a special stage in versus of the original game too, not exclusive to CotS. Plus, you know, the assets already existed, may as well use them. It’s a neat stage.

how do you find this stage in vs mode?
It’s in the bottom left and bottom right corners of stage selection. Two per side. It’s been a while that I don’t recall but I believe you have to unlock them through Soul Arena challenges? Something like that. They’re only available in Special Versus because they have elemental effects like Quake and Ice.

I've been wondering if Season 2 was supposed to be six characters like Tekken 7 S2? But then they realized they could split in half for more $$$ while adding some guests...

It makes me think a possible Season 3 will most likely have another guest to keep interest high.

(well as high as it can go before it goes plummeting down through the fuckin floor)

Last edited:
Yes it seems pretty obvious that a season three would be another set of a SoulCalibur character, a guest, then two more SoulCalibur characters. The decision to have Haohmaru sealed that fate, whenever it was made. But I still don’t understand the practice of not telling us what’s in the pass in advance. Literally no other fighting games are doing this.

Hopefully they don’t skimp on the customization content again, but they probably will do that as well. :sc4amy1:

I can't wait for Okubo announces Tifa as guest and I have a MTBD..
Tifa_boing_boing.gif

But I still don’t understand the practice of not telling us what’s in the pass in advance. Literally no other fighting games are doing this.

Hopefully they don’t skimp on the customization content again, but they probably will do that as well. :sc4amy1:

They seem to want to get impulse buyer and the hardcore people upfront. Perhaps they think revealing the pass all at once could deter purchases?

I know some opinionated people won't buy S3 if it's a sausage party... and you know the customization content will be shit because they are taking 2 seasons worth of content and splitting it in two Kappa

I'm sure if they bring another guest would be female or they will kick YS/Li Long ass and make a new lesbian female character, I mean, if they bring the same model [SC ch + Guest + SC ch + SC ch] or a miracle will happen and Viola fans will be able to be more boring than Cassandra and Setsuka's and make her the next DLC. :sc5vio1:

I'm sure if they bring another guest would be female or they will kick YS/Li Long ass and make a new lesbian female character, I mean, if they bring the same model [SC ch + Guest + SC ch + SC ch] or a miracle will happen and Viola fans will be able to be more boring than Cassandra and Setsuka's and make her the next DLC. :sc5vio1:

If I remember it right then the codename shit was STONE yell STAR snow REPTILE yellow

So maybe they are gonna keep that order for S3 and do
Rock BoobGuest Yun-Seong LizAEON

No way that loser character Algol comes back when his lazy fans can’t even vote for him on Facebook

guys is this a bug?

after patch 2.10 any crouching attacks are being stopped by any opponent's AA move (due the increased hitbox) is this intentional?

see the video on my reddit thread
I think it's always been like that in Soul Calibur.
Even attacks like Taki FC 2K don't have Tech Crouch for the whole duration, and can be interrupted by highs.
2A TC also seems worse in SC6.
And at least Taki has different TC frames for 2A(frames 8-12) and FC 2A(frames 0-8).

If I remember it right then the codename shit was STONE yell STAR snow REPTILE yellow

So maybe they are gonna keep that order for S3 and do
Rock BoobGuest Yun-Seong LizAEON

No way that loser character Algol comes back when his lazy fans can’t even vote for him on Facebook

Yun-seong is the real STAR in the datamine.

STAR = SEONG

So...what if "reptile" is an allusion to "dragon" and thus Li Long? 🤔

If that happened I'd be surprised.

This doesn't have anything to do with Setsuka.

Is all about Project Soul and their failure with the DLC.

Yes, it does because I've seen the SCVI DLC cycle with S1.

Actual DLC Character comes out before Christmas, 2nd releases a month or two after EVOJapan, & popular character people really want is saved for EVO US + other announcement.

Hwang was Top Tier in SC1 and Mid and High in SC3 AE and Soul Edge. High as well if you count Assassin.

He is a good character.

I can understand older SC games with characters with similar weapons before SCIII started to make characters more unique. Hwang was the best Bonus Character in SCIII (PS2) & was pretty good in SCIII:AE. SCIII:AE was the best SC game that wasn't released on consoles. I really loved Setsuka being Extremely OP in SCIII:AE. SCIII:AE Setsuka destroys A. Pat in terms of power.

Hwang was Top Tier in SC1 and Mid and High in SC3 AE and Soul Edge. High as well if you count Assassin.

He is a good character.

I am not talking about tiers. But about one character having a good design with unique gameplay that makes her stand out. And hwang being a replaceable random CaS lookin guy with a style that couldnt be more uniteresting if they tried.

Back