Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So this could be a big loss of "leaks" for our end. If we can't see the DLC slots appearing then we will just be in the dark waiting for official announcements I guess. Obviously steamdb didn't give us leaks but it did give us an idea of how much future content would come and when we could get it.
So this gives devs back the 'element of surprise' then? if so, I'm sure they're able to take a breather now that they don't have to go through the headache of having bits of their game leaked. can't imagine how many times they probably lost their **** when someone 'cracked' the code and put it up on Reddit, Discord, YouTube, etc. I remember watching Harada and Okubo making "There was no leak" jokes on stage. probably really got to em lol.

So this gives devs back the 'element of surprise' then? if so, I'm sure they're able to take a breather now that they don't have to go through the headache of having bits of their game leaked. can't imagine how many times they probably lost their **** when someone 'cracked' the code and put it up on Reddit, Discord, YouTube, etc. I remember watching Harada and Okubo making "There was no leak" jokes on stage. probably really got to em lol.

Well that method might be closing but they still have to be diligent about what they leave in the game for us to see, as Amy Cassandra Setsuka and Hwang have been leaked due to obvious and not so obvious references left behind...

Kudos though to the dev team for at least keeping Setsuka and Hwang a secret for almost 4 months!

I could be wrong, but I don't think this affects SC6 stuff. SteamDB is collecting "tokens" which allows it to collect info on more games, and those tokens shouldn't be hard to get for any released game. Maybe this affects the locked development depots for SC6, but I guess we'll see.

I'm not surprised Valve is trying to increase security on this. There have been many leaks due to SteamdDB being able to dig up all kinds of info.

So this could be a big loss of "leaks" for our end. If we can't see the DLC slots appearing then we will just be in the dark waiting for official announcements I guess. Obviously steamdb didn't give us leaks but it did give us an idea of how much future content would come and when we could get it.

Updates on Monday Nights & Thursday Nights

Kudos though to the dev team for at least keeping Setsuka and Hwang a secret for almost 4 months!

Remember the old 4chan rumor of Hwang possibly being in the base roster of SCVI. He wasn't in the base roster as a playable character, but a small hint of him being DLC in the future was that he wasn't a CaS enemy in Libra of Souls like Lesser Lizardman. In SC:BD Quick Battle Hwang did appear as a CaS with Yun-seong's style or in SCV Quick Battle was DJ's style because Yun-seong was absent.

Setsuka got way too many hints after the huge datamine in January 2019.

1.) SNOW - Setsuka's name in Japanese is Snow-flower.

2.)
3.) The Pink Slot

sc6sp2haohigm01.jpg

Setsuka.jpg

Remember the old 4chan rumor of Hwang possibly being in the base roster of SCVI

The 4chan rumour was based around the info leaked from someone at the sound recording department. The leaker even mentioned that they weren't sure if Hwang was going to be a character. I can't remember the exact details, but I do remember that in this leak, the list of characters had Azwel's name there long before his reveal trailer.

That leak also had Aeon as a character. Both Hwang and Aeon were planned based roster but didn’t make it. I won’t be convinced that that isn’t true. Aeon was halfway into development and that’s why we got Lesser Lizardman as an enemy to fight at least, but they didn’t get anywhere with Hwang of note, probably got pushed out for Tira, who they knew they would be selling as day one DLC. That being said, it’s kind of sad that neither of them made it into season one, though it is a bit reassuring that Hwang at least is making it into season two. Aeon will likely appear in season three. Better late than never.

That leak also had Aeon as a character. Both Hwang and Aeon were planned based roster but didn’t make it. I won’t be convinced that that isn’t true. Aeon was halfway into development and that’s why we got Lesser Lizardman as an enemy to fight at least, but they didn’t get anywhere with Hwang of note, probably got pushed out for Tira, who they knew they would be selling as day one DLC. That being said, it’s kind of sad that neither of them made it into season one, though it is a bit reassuring that Hwang at least is making it into season two. Aeon will likely appear in season three. Better late than never.

do you have preference between axe axe aeon or axe shield lizardman?

Of course Setsuka & Hwang are getting new stages + Soul Chronicles.
Soul Chronicles are a given, but stages are not. It’s likely certain that one of the two will get a brand new stage, based on developer comments, but claiming that both of them will get a brand new stage for sure isn’t absolutely certain. One of them (probably Hwang) will likely get a “new stage” like Hilde and Amy, which is an existing stage, but with different time of day and ambient environmental objects. That requires a lot less work to do and isn’t something that would delay a release, when the stage geometry already exists as a base, versus making something completely from scratch.

Also I’m still just so worried about the amount they choose to let carry over from Soulcalibur V . . . . Some stupidity like locking up the original 66BA behind Soul Charge and forcing us to manage with aP’s 66B (again) is reeeally gonna have me flippin’ some tables.

When even is Tekken's time during the EVO? Everyone's banking on the announcement there, but I'm so sure when it seems Namco doesn't have SC or Tekken in there (in the main lineup at least).

we are a few days from the first weekend at EVO online and I feel like information is scarce. What are these exhibition matches? When will they even happen?

I've seen no information with regards to other fighters like Tekken, Calibur and Street Fighter. Evo has been what, running for about two decades and their information is always fucking trash to find. For how big the event is, they run it like complete amateurs.

Back