Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

They just rewrote the continuity. Kazuya was meant to be dead at the end of Tekken 2 with Jin replacing him, but they brought him back due to fan outcry. You could get away with it back then as you didn't have in depth story with all potential scenarios being what ifs.

Tekken 1 & 2 weren't popular. The series took of with Tekken 3 being critical & commercially received.

I thought For Honor had a decent player base for an old game (more than tekken 7) at least on Steam
Obviously this isn't representative of the whole For Honor fanbase but they don't seem the type who would play SamSho

Screenshot (492).png

Also imo he just looks generic. I got into assassin's creed because I liked Ezio in SC5, but I would never try For Honor because of this warden character...

1 month later...
@Autumn
Do you have a way of being notified when the SC6 steamdb dlc updates? I notice you are basically always on top of it when it gets updated.

I check manually everyday and its rather tiresome by now....
I don't have any way of being automatically notified, I just check manually every day because I'm crazy lol

Oh, and speaking of SteamDB...
firefox_8YF9xKLBka.png
SOOOOOOOOOOON™

Obviously this isn't representative of the whole For Honor fanbase but they don't seem the type who would play SamSho

View attachment 76955

Also imo he just looks generic. I got into assassin's creed because I liked Ezio in SC5, but I would never try For Honor because of this warden character...
what this from ?

Regarding the character designs in For Honor
• They feels more like a customizable avatar for a RPG rather than fully fleshed fictional characters
• Due to the base character being generic looking (so that you will push for cosmetic upgrades to the armor slots) you start by looking less memorable
• The lack of facial emotes due to helms/head gear makes it really hard to relate to the For Honor character other than a in-game avatar with a unique moveset.
• This is contrasted by characters in fighting games where they feel like genuine characters with their own cannonical motivations. Of course there are some fighting games where the characters are generic and are simply named after their fighting style, but those are less successful.

What Soul Calibur can adapt from For Honor:
• More grounded fighting styles. They definately have a strong western influence, with numerous western european and scandinavian weapon/movesets.
• For Honor minimizes the supernatural/anime fighting styles. I like how its clear that the For Honor characters are undeniably designed weapon first, which Soul Calibur ought to keep doing.
• The lethality of the execution animations (while not mortal kombat level). If the gore and decapitation were actually removed, a lot of the animations would make excellent soul calibur grabs and attack-throws. For example, something like Zasalamel's SC4 wrB attack-throw is sadly absent in SC6, but imo was really cool.

1 month later...

I don't have any way of being automatically notified, I just check manually every day because I'm crazy lol

Oh, and speaking of SteamDB...
View attachment 76956 SOOOOOOOOOOON™

You're always one step ahead of me on noticing when these damn apps update...... thank god you're so diligent!

and @WuHT its from one of the ForHonor subreddits, I was looking for Warden samsho discussions

Last edited:
and @WuHT its from one of the ForHonor subreddits, I was looking for Warden samsho discussions
So you were looking for the For Honor fanbase's reaction to considering Samurai shodown ?
Or the samurai shodown fanbase's reaction to For Honor's Warden as DLC ?

I think Soul Calibur is an intermediary between those 2 franchises. ...if anything, based on soul calibur's 3D movement and its more global diversity of weapon sets instead of being heavily japan based.

When I see the angry setsuka account on twitter I am torn. On one hand I don't like biting the hand that feeds (however slow it might be), but on the other hand they have a right to be frustrated......

This dude has done some serious damages on some people, and i can totally relate and understand those people.

maxresdefault.jpg

And yet, Natsu was fine. :sc5nat1:

Not her design tho, it was a bit too similar to Taki, and seriously Red as main color too? it really felt they wanted to remove Taki one of the most iconic Ninja in video games, and this is said not just by me but any random VG website from existence which is absolutely not okay. It's ok to like Natsu but honestly this is outrageous what they tried to do with her, and that was the problem, actually more than Taki not being in the game.

At least in the leaked SC6 arts Natsu was more unique and with cool design, and felt has a personality.

SC5 had it all, the good, the bad and the ugly of franchise.

Hope and faith, this dude never heard about those 2 words i guess.

They're definitely getting ready for a DLC release based on what's happening with the game's Steam database entry. I just wish I had any idea when it will get announced. Maybe Namco didn't get a memo telling them EVO is canceled? Maybe they're planning to fly out Okubo to an empty EVO stage early August and the only one to witness the DLC reveal is a stray cat walking into the venue.

Natsu's spandex being red isn't the issue, the problem lies with it being the same shade as Taki's. Change that and you're half way there like this image here.

taki and natsu by caliburwarrior.jpg

The other thing she needs is having designs exclusive to her. The fan artwork by Passion Republic did a brilliant job in this department, especially with the the bandana as it really suits her.

Natsu.jpg

That passion republic Natsu design does look sick, i have to admit. I wouldn't mind her return long as she develops her own fighting style and grows a bit out of that annoying persona she has. Also, come up with something more original than her Naruto-esque story line.

Back