Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm honestly a bit confused by what he means by this since he talks about the next character having a unique element and then says it's "not a hint of a character"... A little contradictory unless there's an underlying meaning to it.

I checked if there's a translation error but it does seem like he's saying it isn't a hint:
Kyara no hinto ni wa narimasen ga.
Kyara no hinto (character's hint) ni wa (reference to the subject) narimasen ga (it isn't).

Unless what he is saying is that he is hinting on a new character and that this isn't a hint on any existing characters (which is kinda unlikely given the datamine), or he is hinting that this new element hasn't been seen previously in said character therefore it isn't a hint that would give away the character's identity (more likely).

I'm honestly a bit confused by what he means by this since he talks about the next character having a unique element and then says it's "not a hint of a character"... A little contradictory unless there's an underlying meaning to it.

I checked if there's a translation error but it does seem like he's saying it isn't a hint:
Kyara no hinto ni wa narimasen ga.
Kyara no hinto (character's hint) ni wa (reference to the subject) narimasen ga (it isn't).

Unless what he is saying is that he is hinting on a new character and that this isn't a hint on any existing characters (which is kinda unlikely given the datamine), or he is hinting that this new element hasn't been seen previously in said character therefore it isn't a hint that would give away the character's identity (more likely).
Yeah, he's saying that it doesn't lend itself well to being a good hint for who it is.

I'm sorry, but at this point, Okubo's hardly worthy of being able to play dumb and act like he doesn't know anything (he obviously does). He realizes it's now been like 4+ months since he gave his community anything significant, right? It's not even him giving any of the new info that came out recently; it was someone else I'm less familiar with on his team, I'm guessing. It seems like he's trying to be troll-y a bit at the worst possible circumstance/time to choose doing so.

If they just could give a date of something like ... announcement, trailer, release date, ... something instead of keeping silence and giving some infos here and there 4 months later.

Back