Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Theyll probably announce an updated version. DoA5 got two of them, I think its reasonable to expect at least one for 6.
And even if they do not support the most recent entry further, it's hardly the end of the franchise. I suspect that, despite irritating a fair few people at the conceptual extremes regarding their fanservice and the rocky roll-out of the game, that they still turned a decent profit on the game, just by virtue of continued fan buy-in and their pricing model. And as tedious as the fan culture they cultivated (and then agitated) can be, and as obnoxious as their content packaging is, at the end of the day this is a series that has a good claim for being at any round table about the legacy of the genre: all weeping and frothing by the incel crowd about the loss of jiggle physics put to the side, the games in this franchise, 6 included, remain some of the most mechanically sound, visually polished and stylistically impressive 3D fighters ever made.

I chose not to support DOA6 by purchasing anything beyond the core fighters, purely because I was burnt by the company before. I bought DOA5U last generation, just before it went free to play. That would have been somewhat irritating in itself, but what happened next was beyond irritating: I got locked out of using the game I had purchased because of a bug related to the game going F2P, a bug that was further related to the manner in which they aggresively pushed their bonus content on marketplaces in a fashion that the system was not designed for, in order to exploit the saddest of their fans who could be convinced to shell out hundreds of dollars in order to dress their virtual dolls in lingerie... So believe me, on some level I agree that Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo engineered their own current mixed relations with their own community, and the extended fighting game community, even if I don't quite agree with all of the criticisms leveled at them as of late. But there's no question that the series has a future (and a significant past to boast of) and that it makes sense for its devs to be at any event such as the one we are talking about here.

Last edited:
Get ready for Setsuka's reveal this Saturday !

As of Tekken 7, pretty sure they will confirm a returning female character like Kunimitsu or Christie and a guest like Kiryu.

I think same. Also (unfortunately) i think you're right about Kazuma (another guest ZZZZZzzzzzz)

Ed9cWaxWsAEqLeX

For Tekken 7, they won't just reveal ONE guest character. I think the guest will be announced along a Tekken character.

I think anybody expecting more than Setsuka's reveal on the 31st is likely to be severely let down. As regards SC that is: clearly there will be additional reveals regarding Tekken and who knows what else.
If that was all we got, that'd be enough for me. Though a release date would be nice.

I think anybody expecting more than Setsuka's reveal on the 31st is likely to be severely let down. As regards SC that is: clearly there will be additional reveals regarding Tekken and who knows what else.
I'm willing to bet we'll be getting some sort of trailer for the next DLC character and the CAS pack that comes with them. also, I'm sure we'll get a brief mentioning of the update the director was talking about on Twitter the other day.

If that was all we got, that'd be enough for me. Though a release date would be nice.
in regards to her release, i think they'll do what they did with Cassandra and release the character the next day. this would be ideal since this was supposed to be the week of EVO and players will have someone new to play with over the weekend (as well as CAS parts) or the latest they'll release her will be around the 25th/30th of August like they had done with Haoh, Hilde, and Amy.

Personally I agree with @BaiburuBurakku. It feels more probable that they will give a specific date that will be max few days after the trailer drops. Buuut, if for any reason they will indeed give us "soon" then in the eyes of the god you are justified to throw verbal dung at Bamco

I am going to send them a suggestion in the survey form. Anyone else finds the text size in this game too small? Sitting on my bed trying to read the text from the combat lessons or reading the damage numbers in training is a pain. Soul Project needs to be aware of this, and give us the option to increase text size and not fall in lists like this

Ghost of Tsushima announced a patch, and they are giving players the option to increase text size

"Patch 1.05 has a few text-related options, too. You can increase the
text size of "subtitles, mission objectives, and interact prompts" by
150%"

i think it's about time they start recognizing not everyone can read such tiny text.

The text in the "combat lessons" are super useful and I totally appreciate them using that to help newer players. Most of it is done VERY well. However there is room for improvement:

• I hate the term "breaking the opponent's guard" when used to refer to 50/50 mid-low mixup pressure. "Break" has a very defined term in connection to an opponent holding guard (at least to me) and thats why guard break / break attacks are easy to understand but are different from a 50/50. Maybe its the english localization, but they need to find a better description for mid/low for slipping past an guarding opponent and finding an opening. I never thought of a low kick being so powerful that it "breaks/smashes" through a standing guard, but rather that a standing guard leaves your feet vulnerable and the low kick exploits that opening. I can't be the only one that thinks that.

• Just like how "Break" should be connected to attacks that are non-RE/non-GI able and give you advantage on block, "Crush" should not refer to grabs or mid/low mixups
"Crush" should be about wearing down the opponent's guard stamina/meter and being Guard Crushed results in the special stagger state. I see they mix up the definitions all the time in the character-specific combat lessons.

• They use "allows you to move first" when describing frame advantage on block, but it almost conveys a turn-based logic. "sustains advantage / pressure / maintaining initiative" is fine as long as you describe roughly what advantage/disadvantage means in the earlier sections. They could just mention "allows you to recover faster/earlier than your opponent even when blocked" is probably the best way. could be an english localization issue.

• As you're scrolling through the text, maybe if there was a way to select the command and have the character tutorial actually play it would be good (not sure how you'd select the string with a gamepad since you're only controlling the text scroll bar). Alternatively, and much easier, backing out of combat lessons and re-entering combat lessons should return you to the section you were JUST reading. This way you can try out a command and go right back into the combat lessons tutorial.

2020 and people still pairing their names together. Kilik and Xianghua could never..

I only pair their names up because they both use the same weapon of the Chinese Sword. I would think Hwang would be the one to get the spot since he already has an official art portrait since he appeared in Setsuka's story and the Libra of Souls campaign and Cassandra and Amy had those before they were made playable. But then on the other hand, we already have Talim and Raphael who were the newcomers of Soul Calibur 2 back in the day so Yun-Seong could definitely be a choice and it seems like he was more popular than Hwang. But yeah either way, looking forward to any one of them because I miss using their styles lol.

Back