Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I noticed another detail:
Artwork and in-game model seem to differ in regards to how her hairstyle is put together. When looking at the artwork, it looks like the hairbun is wrapped around the flower's stem like a burrito with the blossom looking out. Note how the ornaments are dangling directly from the flower petals (which seems like a crafted, artificial flower ornament rather than a real flower.
hair.jpg

The in-game hairstyle on the other hand looks like it features a real flower, placed much more in the front and not at part on the bun-wrap from the artwork. Note how the ornaments are placed quite differently and miss the attachment part altogether.
hair2.jpg

I most definitely prefer the more detailed and elaborate artwork version. Probably that's one of the sacrifices one has to make due to the shift to home office.

Maybe it's to lure Tekken fans into SC, so that they finally realize that Soul Calibur is far superior to Tekken.
Friends don't let friends play Tekken.

Tekken is always the flagship Namco fighter. Namco now giving SoulCalibur the attention it deserves after years of mismanagement. The people at Project Soul before Okubo didn't really have the passion to make SC great like Tekken. SCIII (PS2) was buggy & unbalanced. AE was not released on PS2 like Tekken 5 DR was released on PSP & PS3 PSN. SCIV balance was really terrible because Hilde & Algol were so broken they were never fixed in that game + lots of really underpowered characters like Tira, Yun-seong, Rock, & Mi-na. SCV with overbuffing Viola + Hilde & the final patch was just to nerf Leixia Double CE & not to toned down Hilde, Viola, & Pat. SCVI comes out and does well enough for a Season 2 + World Tour(Cancelled by COVID -19, but online version is coming in October.). SCVI is getting constant support for fixing bugs & glitches.

Sure, 4 months to get a DLC Character is long, but it's worth waiting for in the end. Some people are so impatient they attack Project Soul calling them "lazy", saying COVID -19 is an excuse & declare this game "dead" when a certain character isn't announced right away after looking at a Steam Datamine. Project Soul has learned to work for home just fine. Hwang fans have a badge of honor for waiting 15 years. Hwang is going to be a great Christmas present to them. I don't think Namco is going to leave Yun-seong fans out to dry. He might have a cameo in Hwang's Soul Chronicle. If Namco made SCVI & Tekken 7 get online versions of World Tours, I think SCVI Season 3 might happen.

That was in SCV right?

I'm just glad to see Mitsurugi's SCV P1 back. Not because of my love for it, but hopefully this means we get more previous P1s or P2s.

Siegfried's SCV P1 outfit, Tira's SCV P2 outfit, & Mitsurugi's SCV P1 outfit made it the CaS packs. Any Legacy Character DLC that was in SCIV gets their P1 outfits.

I'm just glad to see Mitsurugi's SCV P1 back. Not because of my love for it, but hopefully this means we get more previous P1s or P2s.
I'm calling it now:
Hwang will be paired with one of Mi-na's old P1/P2.
Yun will be paired with one of Talim's old P1/P2.
Rock will be paired with one of Astaroth's old P1/P2.
Aeon will be paired with one of... not sure... Sophitia's old P1/P2? Maybe Nightmare's.

Rock will be paired with one of Astaroth's old P1/P2.
I'm still skeptical about a third season. I would be very pleasantly surprised if we do get one.

But if we don't , i'll still be more than satisfied. I got every character i love from the past games. The online is also good enough to hold me over until SC7 no matter how many years that takes. I'm good!

i dont see why that would be... lost swords and scv are the same engine
I thought by "legacy costumes" you meant classic costumes from SE-SCIV, but yeah I guess they should've include stuff from SCV more too. Maybe the bad reception it got from fans has something to do with it?

Back