Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Broken hair is so hot =P
Looks like A2
Hair.jpg

So Grøh got a free new Soul Chronicle episode with update 2.20, which is something new that the game has never done before. Some interesting stuff to discuss:

• The episode is given the flair "Grøh Side Story 1". Is this an implication that there will be more free additional episodes added to Soul Chronicle in succeeding updates?
  • The episode ties up nicely with Grøh's role in Libra of Souls, something that the Soul Chronicle originally lack other than some small tidbits here and there.
  • The episode revealed what happened to Maxi after his battle with Astaroth, which is the same as the original timeline in SCI. The implication is that Maxi will still have a shard of Soul Edge embedded to his body in this new continuity.
  • The episode seems to delve into Grøh's friendship with his old partner Curtis a lot, with Grøh even saying that there is a possibility Curtis is still alive due to his malfestation before his death. Is the game teasing Curtis' return as a new character in future entries in the series (or even in future DLCs in this entry), as a malfested with his own moveset and all?

The implication is that Maxi will still have a shard of Soul Edge embedded to his body in this new continuity.
Out of curiosity, does it actually imply this affirmatively or are you just saying that given how much the rest of the context is similar, it would fit?

Is the game teasing Curtis' return as a new character in future entries in the series (or even in future DLCs in this entry), as a malfested with his own moveset and all?
I very seriously doubt this, especially given he has already been rendered (if I recall correctly) with another moveset--but indeed, for many other reasons as well it is unlikely all-around. I would say he is being set up to return as a secondary narrative character and/or clone, at most.

Last edited:
Do we have any detail yet about how the unbreakable armour works? I'm worried it will be all armour or nothing, or that extra equipment won't be unbreakable as well as the main slots.

Do we have any detail yet about how the unbreakable armour works? I'm worried it will be all armour or nothing, or that extra equipment won't be unbreakable as well as the main slots.
It's separate into upper, middle, lower. You can select which ones you want to be breakable. I would provide screenshots but can't at the moment

It's separate into upper, middle, lower. You can select which ones you want to be breakable. I would provide screenshots but can't at the moment
Nvm, here's a pic I took with my phone.
20200803_145152.jpg

For extra equipment, it depends on where their placement are. Putting one on the head region will make them identified as upper equipment, etc. You can view battle damage through the viewing screen.
20200803_145209.jpg

Back