Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Damn all Setsuka weapons have an umbrella. No edgy Vergil CAS for me. missed chance if you ask me cause she has a lot of unisex animations which is awesome. Oh well I’m sure a PC mod will remove one of the umbrellas.
She has a Mary Poppins stance. The umbrella is pretty necessary.

Y'all remember when I said make Setsuka dark-skinned and lesbian, omg her Color 4 is Natalie just like Hilde Color 4. Kappa
Screenshot_2020-08-03 Twitch(3).png

Screenshot_2020-08-03 Twitch(1).png
Screenshot_2020-08-03 Twitch(2).png

Last edited:
Haven't posted in a long time. Never played Setsuka but it's great they added her considering how popular she is and she looks great. Happy for all you Sets mains. :) I hope Hwang is next simply because they've gone back to their roots and it'd be great to see him fully reimagined for the first time in so long (and I never personally played the first games in the series). If we get a Season 3 I'd like Rock for the same reason and I'm curious to see how they'd redesign his moveset to differ him more from Astaroth (given the success they've had with Kilik/Mi-Na, Sophie/Cass, Raph/Amy, etc.).

For anyone who has the patch already, have they done anything with Arcade Mode to make it less monotonous yet? As it is right now you fight the same stages in the same exact order every single time, just with a different opponent, except Stage 4 and Stage 8 which is fixed based on difficulty or the latest DLC. Hell there are some characters/stages I have NEVER seen in Arcade as a result (2B's for example). Is it really so hard and alien of a concept to just make 7 completely random Stage/Opponent combinations and one fixed boss stage at the end? I wouldn't even mind Stage 4 being fixed too if 1-3 and 5-7 were still totally random. Hell you'd think they'd learn from SCV's weird "region" based arcade where you literally fought the same chaarcters and stages every single run but at least that HAD a Standard option where it was more like a classic Arcade. We don't even have a proper select screen for it which REALLY makes no sense. You can't even pick your colour or weapon like you can in versus. Like, what the hell? Why not just use the select screen from versus? It baffles me.

It's literally the only mode I play (aside from the occasional Soul Chronicle run) and the reason I barely touch the game anymore is 'cause I can only see the grasslands stage in the first fight and Siegfried or Groh in Stage 4 so many times before my eyes want to tear themselves out. After 2 years the Arcade Mode really shouldn't still feel like an afterthought :/ There was a time it was the main and even ONLY mode in any fighting game aside from Versus. Kinda crazy to me that so little effort went into it this time. :/ Maybe it's just me.

I wish I could play and enjoy Libra but I got barely anywhere into it before the AI became impossible for my lame ass to handle. Chronicles of the Sword remains a million times better than that mode will ever be, yet apparently I'm missing important plot things because of that... Libra should've had a difficulty option in that case rather than literally locking your lore behind BS AI. I intend to give it another shot and maybe level grind or something if I have the patience (I probably won't...) but after that I'll probably never touch Libra again.

The Soul Chronicles are where the game really shines I think, as well as having one of if not the best roster in the series (maaybe bar SCIII? 'cause that literally had EVERYONE in some form or another).

If we get a Season 3 I'd like Rock for the same reason and I'm curious to see how they'd redesign his moveset to differ him more from Astaroth (given the success they've had with Kilik/Mi-Na, Sophie/Cass, Raph/Amy, etc.).
Welcome back! Because of this comment, I already like you and wish you a wonderful day! I'm really hoping for Rock in a possible Season 3!

@Psykai arcade doesn’t have guest character stages. I suggest you go to vs mode. Choose Vs AI, random opponent, then random stage.

Upon victory choose random stage rematch and you’ll get something better than arcade with more stage selection

If we get a Season 3 I'd like Rock for the same reason and I'm curious to see how they'd redesign his moveset to differ him more from Astaroth

Here are his signature moves and unique strings from SC3 and SC4 if you want to have an idea where they could go with him. It's worth nothing that Rock has a good chuck of his throws based around his hell sweep and can even use it to change the direction of a grounded opponent. I don't like the idea of using a hell sweep to do this, but I would like to see some powerful manly animation that does the same thing, like someone kicking a football or him using his club to spin his opponent.

I wish I could play and enjoy Libra but I got barely anywhere into it before the AI became impossible for my lame ass to handle. Chronicles of the Sword remains a million times better than that mode will ever be, yet apparently I'm missing important plot things because of that... Libra should've had a difficulty option in that case rather than literally locking your lore behind BS AI. I intend to give it another shot and maybe level grind or something if I have the patience (I probably won't...) but after that I'll probably never touch Libra again.
If you only ever did Libra at or close to launch, they did nerf the difficulty a lot since then. I forget exactly when, either 2B or Amy update I think.

Back