Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So I updated on ps4 earlier the 2.21 patch. Was surprised that 2 new character voices were added as I read through the patch notes toggling through with R1. But in creation there are no new voices for male or female characters?! What am I missing here?

So her gimmick is... actually good and representative of the core gameplay?! WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
Let's not get ahead of herself--it could still be needless, poorly-thought-out, and all around frustrating feature that simply does so much to handicap the player from approaching the fight in an organic fashion that it's benefits are negligible or it even upends the character's traditional flow an/or limit their viability... I mean, I tend to take a very open-minded, receptive perspective when it comes to how they have mixed up the styles in this game (or at least try to), but when it comes to the express gimmicks (particularly those of some of the most recent legacy characters to return in DLC), I have generally not felt that they improve the gameplay so much as create a check-list chore that cages effective play.

If you only ever did Libra at or close to launch, they did nerf the difficulty a lot since then. I forget exactly when, either 2B or Amy update I think.
I think it was close to launch yeah. I don't think I tried playing it since Amy came out, maybe even 2B, so that's actually good to know. I'm gonna try to start it over if possible and hopefully the difficulty nerf makes it possible for my loser-ass to make it through, or at least further, lol. Good thing they didn't lock a character or anything behind completing it xD

Damn Setsuka story keeps blueballing me with all these male CAS characters that have her style and just a regular sword with no umbrella. The style looks pretty unisex give me a sword without an umbrella please. On the other hand I never knew I needed a lizardman umbrella in my life, until now.

I hope Hwang would be next. He needs a total fixing in order to measure up to Yun-seong's level!

How do you picture Hwang joining in? What'll be a good Soul Chronicle for him?
I mean it’s practically confirmed that he’s next, but it’s most likely that his story will be the foil to Seong Mi-na’s, at least to start, but likely will detail his naval adventures and run-ins with Maxi’s pirates. There’s a skeleton for an existing story like the others so far, it’s mostly just a question of how they’ll flesh it out.

They rename all 'generic' Setsuka weapons:
  • Ugetsu Kageuchi
  • Mimoro (New Weapon)
  • Peach of Immortality (Suitou in SC IV / Ugetsu Kageuchi [2P] in SC III)
  • Night Glimmer (Yakou in SC IV / Moonlight in SC III)
  • Sehora (Ugetsu Kageuchi [2P] in SC IV / Ridicule in SC III)
  • Lizard Parasol (Lizard Umbrella in SC IV)
  • Faithful Devotee (Sword Umbrella in SC IV / The Ancient in SC III)

Last edited:
I mean it’s practically confirmed that he’s next, but it’s most likely that his story will be the foil to Seong Mi-na’s, at least to start, but likely will detail his naval adventures and run-ins with Maxi’s pirates. There’s a skeleton for an existing story like the others so far, it’s mostly just a question of how they’ll flesh it out.

And they'll show a cameo or minor appearance of Yun-seong too. Anything to give him a bright future!

Between PS FINALLY adding the unbreakable armor option (in a really nuanced, detailed way), 40 ITEMS being featured in the next CAS pack (as opposed to the measly few we got in the last two), and PS FINALLY adding CAS pictures before battle, I feel like the dev team got busy during the pandemic. Project Soul has really impressed me. They could've just dropped a new character, but after the colossal wait they've given us so much! I seriously love them!
(They even threw in a bonus Groh story. It feels like Christmas!)

Last edited:
Ugh, I shouldn’t have caught some of his art in the spoiler video thumbnails on YouTube . . . . . .

because I am SO GAY for Shugun Kokonoe . . . . . 😍🤩🤭💝😅

Back