Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

@DanteSC3 suggested that maybe it is Anju.
I suppose it would be too good to be true if it was the new character from season pass 3.
But Anju? Hmmm it could, i mean the suspicious behaviour of Sakan when he had the last conversation with Setsuka might be a link to Anju involvement in the story later.

Last edited:
ok what is loli stan?

1597280733231.png

be careful of this path you tread....

Tekken has officially surpassed 6 million units. That's pretty remarkable for a fighting game. Will there ever be a day where Okubo posts a commemorative illustration for SoulCalibur 6? just imagine it. a big ol "Thanks for your continued support" subtitle text on the bottom with Mitsu and Haoh in the front linking their arms and downing a gourd full of sake.

I wonder if SC6 has pushed enough units for something like that.

@CelestialZodiac Been too long since we've seen your trademark Danganronpa reaction images.

Only responding to a simple part in this and maybe I misunderstood the phrasing as I agree we won't likely see her in SCVI, but while she hasn't changed into her yet, Amy's story guarantees she will down the line, no 2 ways about that. Not to mention the official recolor hinting to that further.
My position is that we're going to see her again in SoulCalibur VII, so I think we're on the same page.

So yall what would you wanna see implemented in S3? besides creation/characters?

Id really like it if they finally gave us frame data
I'd like them to fix netcode first and foremost. I don't know how SC5 had less lag and more stable online play with fewer glitches and bugs than a game made today. I'd also like them to remove region separation in casual netplay, it makes no sense at all to segregate an already small playerbase. Just let us set the connection requirements we want for our rooms ourselves.

I don't know how SC5 had less lag and more stable online play

Because it's got excessive built in delay to hide it. Forget the eight frames of delay Street Fighter meme, SC5 input latency makes the game feel like you're moving through a swamp.

Whereas you didn't say anything of substance to begin with. I guess we're at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Clearly I was referring to the "2B is overpowered and allows scrubs to compete against real players by spamming strings" aspect of the topic, which was the subject matter of basically the entirety of my post. And remains an absurd canard that anybody with more than the most basic skills should be able to see the nonsense of.

Edit: Also, I put the spoiler tag in there to begin with as a courtesy because some people (yourself included) view it as a chore to have to scroll through longer posts. I had to come up with something which summarized that tedious debate--which is not one I chose to have but was rather responding to for the sake of keeping things real here--and that's what occurred to me as the appropriate way to summarize this nonsense idea that people throw out there without real detail or support, and which has to then be countered with real detail, so.....
No one ever said that you cant counterplay 2B or that you can 100% win every game by mashing , the only thing i ever is that 2B is one of those characters that is simply toxic to fight against by design. She falls in the same kategory as talim or Amy characters that make the game unfun to play because they force you to constantly pay attention even against people who have on idea what they are doing and thats the problem here. Everyone can go into stance after a knockdown and chose one of a couple simple options that you straight up have to guess fighting against them it doesnt require the player to understand what they are doing, thats the flaw with character design like that.

So next time you write a book about a post you might wanna actually read it correctly. (Or just sum it up caus so far not a single post had the requirement of being 10 000 letters)

No one ever said that you cant counterplay 2B or that you can 100% win every game by mashing , the only thing i ever is that 2B is one of those characters that is simply toxic to fight against by design. She falls in the same kategory as talim or Amy characters that make the game unfun to play because they force you to constantly pay attention even against people who have on idea what they are doing and thats the problem here. Everyone can go into stance after a knockdown and chose one of a couple simple options that you straight up have to guess fighting against them it doesnt require the player to understand what they are doing, thats the flaw with character design like that.

So next time you write a book about a post you might wanna actually read it correctly. (Or just sum it up caus so far not a single post had the requirement of being 10 000 letters)
If you're not going to even try to address a single bit of my extensive mechanical breakdown of just a handful of reasons why you're unnunaced whinging about a character who is nowhere near OP at high (or even mid) level play (and thoroughly recognized as such by the entirety of the competitive community) is absolute irrational nonsense/uninformed bellyaching, I'm certainly not going to waste my time engaging with your further on this topic. Aside from pointing out:
A) the sheer irony, ballsiness, and frankly daftness of you saying my response to your opinion suggests that I didn't read or appropriately digest your opinion....when you've said you haven't even read the actual response,​
B) if your main complaint about a character is that they make you guess about their mix-ups, you can't be enjoying playing Soulcalibur against anybody above rank F very often (and it explains why you are always making needlessly aggressive comments about how this or that character is supposedly trash), and​
C) it often takes a lot more words to explain why a dumb assertion is incorrect than it does to just throw that silly, poorly-considered idea out into the world as if it is actually meaningful insight. There's actually a name for that phenomena in rhetorical debate, and I'd link you to an article about it, but since you apparently feel strain from reading more than a paragraph or two about a subject (even one you have really strong opinions about that you don't mind sharing with the world), I'll spare us both the trouble.​

Last edited:
Back