Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I imagine it's to adjust just a handful of things that received a lot of complaints, such as Mitsu's 1KB IIRC which is punishable on hit.
where are you getting this ? I thought they always intended for Mitsu's 1KB to be a round ender and thus the on-hit punish wasn't a factor.

where are you getting this ? I thought they always intended for Mitsu's 1KB to be a round ender and thus the on-hit punish wasn't a factor.

I'm only repeating what I've seen people say on Twitter, but I also have to agree that there should never be moves that are punishable on hit, or more specifically above minus 8.

Yeah i guess i can agree with soul charge. How do yall feel about lethal hits? A friend of mine thinks they should be a 1 time thing kinda like how the “lethals” in mk work

How do yall feel about lethal hits?

Fantastic. They give you a reason to use moves in ways that you wouldn't if they weren't there, thus expanding your gameplan options and making the gameplay more interesting. I honestly think Lethal Hits are one of the best new mechanics I've seen in fighting games for a long time.

A friend of mine thinks they should be a 1 time thing kinda like how the “lethals” in mk work
Soul Calibur actually has both. Some Lethal Hits can only be activated if you hit your opponent so many times with certain moves, and once you do that Lethal Hit you can't do another one for the rest of the round. I don't think we should have one or the other, what we have now is pretty spot on in my book.

Yeah i guess i can agree with soul charge. How do yall feel about lethal hits? A friend of mine thinks they should be a 1 time thing kinda like how the “lethals” in mk work
The Lethal hits are fine. They give you a great reward for fulfilling certain requirements for a move and offer plentiful combo potential. Some are tricky to land like Voldo’s 666B LH on a successful whiff punish but it’s well worth it.

Capcom recently went for realistic face scan based character redesigns with 50% of their games. I hated every bit of it to the point it became a deal breaker.
I don't want this BS anywhere near SC.

Last edited:
Has anybody found the English battle adjustment sheet for the 2.25 patch? BAMCO references it on their English page but provides no working link whatsoever...

Here's the link

2020-09-10_11-37-37.png

This statement in the patch notes doesn't matter because Setsuka is insanely OP by having EZ Normals that make her JFs pointless. Some Lethal Hits have less DMG, but Setsuka is still a HUGE problem with EZ Mode Normals that don't require execution. Anyone can still do combos that were hard in other games super easily. Patch 2.25 Setsuka is just like Leroy after EVO Japan 2020 were the nerfs didn't do anything. She still has OP hitboxes like Fahkahrum. That might get fixed in 8 months like Fahkahrum's did 6 months later. Before COVID - 19, Tekken Project dropped the ball with Leroy & Fahkahrum. Project Soul was doing great fixing the game. They fixed Haomaru bugs within 2 weeks of release while COVID -19 was really a problem. Now, Project Soul has dropped the ball with my former main, Setsuka by giving her so much EZ Mode Cheese. About a month later, nothing is done to truly nerf her.

Okay so lets say they do change that? How do you expect them to change it?

Remove the EZ Normals Completely & Buff the JFs. If that happens, I'll consider maining Setsuka again, but now I must convince Project Soul that giving Setsuka EZ versions of her JFs was a huge mistake. EZ Umbrella, EZ 2143BB, & EZ bA costing little to no meter is stupid. Remember in SCV when Cervantes had an easier iGDR. That version of iGDR was a Guard Break & was slower than the real version of iGDR. The point was that iGDR matter & the EZ version was balanced & cost 1/2 a bar like all Brave Edges in SCV did. The EZ Normals of moves that were legit JFs in other games do the same thing as the JFs. JFs just gets you slightly more DMG. What's the point in using her JFs when the EZ Normals are OP. The only JF that matters is ag:B b/c if you do agB the opponent can Air Control. I guess overbuffing Hilde & Viola in SCV was totally fine.

Remove the EZ Normals Completely & Buff the JFs. If that happens, I'll consider maining Setsuka again, but now I must convince Project Soul that giving Setsuka EZ versions of her JFs was a huge mistake. EZ Umbrella, EZ 2143BB, & EZ bA costing little to no meter is stupid. Remember in SCV when Cervantes had an easier iGDR. That version of iGDR was a Guard Break & was slower than the real version of iGDR. The point was that iGDR matter & the EZ version was balanced & cost 1/2 a bar like all Brave Edges in SCV did. The EZ Normals of moves that were legit JFs in other games do the same thing as the JFs. JFs just gets you slightly more DMG. What's the point in using her JFs when the EZ Normals are OP. The only JF that matters is ag:B b/c if you do agB the opponent can Air Control. I guess overbuffing Hilde & Viola in SCV was totally fine.

Don't need to convince.

Nerfing stuff at whim is never the approach. If Project Soul decided to do easier version of her JFs is for the casuals.

Let her be. Start with nerfing stuff then Setsuka becomes shit much like Kazuya in Tekken 7 which is super high execution for lower payout.

View attachment 79261

She still has OP hitboxes like Fahkahrum.
This surprises me, actually. Compared to SCIV, I feel like she is really really whiffy, umbrella especially (due to eliminating verizontals). Which moves do you think have OP hitboxes?

Remove the EZ Normals Completely & Buff the JFs. If that happens, I'll consider maining Setsuka again, but now I must convince Project Soul that giving Setsuka EZ versions of her JFs was a huge mistake. EZ Umbrella, EZ 2143BB, & EZ bA costing little to no meter is stupid. Remember in SCV when Cervantes had an easier iGDR. That version of iGDR was a Guard Break & was slower than the real version of iGDR. The point was that iGDR matter & the EZ version was balanced & cost 1/2 a bar like all Brave Edges in SCV did. The EZ Normals of moves that were legit JFs in other games do the same thing as the JFs. JFs just gets you slightly more DMG. What's the point in using her JFs when the EZ Normals are OP. The only JF that matters is ag:B b/c if you do agB the opponent can Air Control.
Do I get you right that you're quitting on Sets not because you yourself don't enjoy to play as her anymore but because you resent other players using her easy inputs? Others using easy inputs and over-using umbrella for example can be a pain in the ass, I agree. It hasn't really taken away any of my personal fun though, especially when fighting other opponents than Setsuka.

Sorry to lose you, man.

EDIT: I think it's important to keep in mind that, as a DLC character, Setsuka has to be somewhat more accessible to casual people who still pay like five dollar for her...Imagine paying that price and not being able to pull off her signature moves. I'm just glad they did not remove the complex inputs altogether lol. Reward could be higher, though.

Don't need to convince.

Nerfing stuff at whim is never the approach. If Project Soul decided to do easier version of her JFs is for the casuals.

Let her be. Start with nerfing stuff then Setsuka becomes shit much like Kazuya in Tekken 7 which is super high execution for lower payout.

I don't want Setsuka to be terrible. I want Setsuka to be difficult again. Setsuka getting EZ Normals was a huge mistake. If Setsuka didn't have EZ OP Normals that made her JFs pointless I wouldn't have dropped her or told people on Twitter & Discord that Setsuka's EZ Mode OP Normals was a mistake. The Setsuka DIscord banned me for telling the truth about Setsuka's EZ OP Normals.

This surprises me, actually. Compared to SCIV, I feel like she is really really whiffy, umbrella especially (due to eliminating verizontals). Which moves do you think have OP hitboxes?

Lots of Mitsurugi's moves whiffed Setsuka like MST A+B, 66A+B when Setsuka is in WoH at Close Range, most of his Mid Horizontals whiff her.

Do I get you right that you're quitting on Sets not because you yourself don't enjoy to play as her anymore but because you resent her easy inputs?

I mained Setsuka after I dropped SCIII X, because she was so super easy & super strong. I enjoyed Setsuka's style & difficulty. Then when she was replaced in SCV by A. Pat, I played Leixia. I played X in SCVI for Season 1 & most of Season 2. I wanted Setsuka back more than anyone. I tried to confirm every rumor/datamine for 8 & 1/2 years in hopes for her to return. Then Setsuka returned last month, but then I saw that she had EZ OP Normals for no reason. I was hoping the latest patch removed the EZ Normals, but Project Soul didn't do anything & Setsuka continues to be insanely OP.

Back