Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Wait, someone here seriously wants to drop their main because said character is too powerful? What?
wtf.jpg

Also somehow the way to make said character less overpowered is to BUFF their just frames even more?!?!?!?!
And on top of it to make attack imputs worse, so that high execution players don't get any real drawbacks at all and only get more power, while everyone else is left in the dust? The elitism is real.

Of the three things you pointed out, though, this one is actually clashing with the reason the character was charming to begin with, though. Amy and roses go hand in hand for her style and fashion, and Setsuka has her cherry blossom parasol flair as she always has, but Cassandra having Divine Force is a slap in the face to everyone who enjoyed Cassandra for being a brutal brawler relying on her own strength. I hate it and I hope it goes away for SoulCalibur VII. Sophitia should use the godly powers, not Cassandra.
I was initially weirded out by all of the magical stuff Cassandra does as I played her a lot in 3 and 4, but I've gotten more used to it and I do think it's in-character the way she uses her powers. First of all, if I recall, she gains the power by stealing Sophitia's weapons, right? But more importantly, she uses the power extremely recklessly. She thrusts her sword into the ground to cause explosions, she spins around on her shield as if she's surfing on it, she throws the shield repeatedly at her opponent during her CE, and she strikes the opponent so hard with the shield it causes an explosion hurting both the enemy and herself. There's zero finesse with how she uses the powered-up weapons and I think that's very much how Cassandra would use them. I think that also shows in one of her victory poses: "Am I even using these right? Oh well, I won!"

If I were to choose, I think I would go with Cassandra who relied purely on her own abilities without any magical stuff, but well, I'm also really used to her moves in SC6 now and I don't think Divine Force is a big deal anymore.

I was initially weirded out by all of the magical stuff Cassandra does as I played her a lot in 3 and 4, but I've gotten more used to it and I do think it's in-character the way she uses her powers. First of all, if I recall, she gains the power by stealing Sophitia's weapons, right? But more importantly, she uses the power extremely recklessly. She thrusts her sword into the ground to cause explosions, she spins around on her shield as if she's surfing on it, she throws the shield repeatedly at her opponent during her CE, and she strikes the opponent so hard with the shield it causes an explosion hurting both the enemy and herself. There's zero finesse with how she uses the powered-up weapons and I think that's very much how Cassandra would use them. I think that also shows in one of her victory poses: "Am I even using these right? Oh well, I won!"

If I were to choose, I think I would go with Cassandra who relied purely on her own abilities without any magical stuff, but well, I'm also really used to her moves in SC6 now and I don't think Divine Force is a big deal anymore.
If she absolutely had to use them, she does use them in the way that she would use them, but I’m looking at it more of a conscious decision to change her gameplay even further from Sophitia, that it would be a permanent change, that she would keep this in SoulCalibur VII, even after swapping over to Digamma Sword and Nemea Shield, and if that’s the case, then I really don’t like it. It’s bizarre to me that they did this to her instead of Sophitia. I get that Mitsurugi and Sophitia are the most basic and grounded styles in SoulCalibur VI, also a conscious decision made to introduce the game, but I’m mostly wary of the implications of games moving forward than anything else.

If she absolutely had to use them, she does use them in the way that she would use them, but I’m looking at it more of a conscious decision to change her gameplay even further from Sophitia, that it would be a permanent change, that she would keep this in SoulCalibur VII, even after swapping over to Digamma Sword and Nemea Shield, and if that’s the case, then I really don’t like it. It’s bizarre to me that they did this to her instead of Sophitia. I get that Mitsurugi and Sophitia are the most basic and grounded styles in SoulCalibur VI, also a conscious decision made to introduce the game, but I’m mostly wary of the implications of games moving forward than anything else.

how much lightning stuff does cass have? I wouldn't mind if they removed her lightning in SC7 and replaced it with something like an innate holiness of her weapon being charged (instead of her charging up her sword to get lightning) to unlock moves/properties. What I'm saying is probably similar to what she has now...but I'm imagining a little less gaudy? Less projectiles?

I don't think she'll be Thor girl forever though, I suspect they will adjust this in a future title. (But keep her shield attacks)

also, take a look at the shield in the image on the top right. Its got a more traditional heater shape and has some chains.

what are their weapons ?
I didn't design their weapons yet, it is just the outfits right now.

Kokoro -Katana
Orpheus -Sword/Spear and Shield
Dante -Rebellion and Ebony & Ivory
Fiore -Whips and Batons
Ayane -Fuma Kodachi
Cassandra -Small Sword and Shield
Alucard -Longsword and Rapier
Josuke -Earrings

Last edited:
Was watching some good ass Tekken the other day and noticed how damn near revolutionary that slow-motion feature has become. Not sure if this has been discussed before but, How well would this feature transfer over to SC6? I mean the 3 hit replay at the end of a round is cool, but I don't think it draws the kind of hype and viewership that slo-mo does. it would look especially sick in this game too. imagine, watching with bated breath as Mitsurugi is milliseconds seconds away from cleaving an Amy player in half with his glorious 66A+B.

Euphoric :sc2mit2:

Last edited:
Was watching some good ass Tekken the other day and noticed how damn near revolutionary that slow-motion feature has become. Not sure if this has been discussed before but, How well would this feature transfer over to SC6? I mean the 3 hit replay at the end of a round is cool, but I don't think it draws the kind of hype and viewership that slo-mo does. it would look especially sick in this game too. imagine, watching with bated breath as Mitsurugi is milliseconds seconds away cleaving an Amy player in half with his glorious 66A+B.

Euphoric :sc2mit2:
Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. Wondering though, if there might be technical restrictions keeping that from happening, as Tekken characters' range is fairly limited and has low variability compared to SC's snake swords, polearms and magically flying weapons.

In a more structurally tight context, slomos are in SC6 already, taking RE animations/cinematics into account.

If they can make it happen like it's in Tekken (a whiff-sensitive round-ender cinematic), I'm all for it.

only thing I don't want to see is slow-mos for people trading 2K/3K ... as body attacks in tekken are way more important than in Soul Calibur.

I really like the current triple playback, which i think is slo-mo too.
Looks glorious on attacks like Taki SC PO 6BAA if the last hit kills.

Back