Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Who do you think will be the guest character of Season 3?
Since the last one we've got was Haohmaru, my best bet is a similar solution, so a poster boy/girl character from another fighting game most relevant at the time of Season 3 release. Which will be Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear -Strive-.
I might be wrong, but that's the best guess I have.

You accuse good guy Harada of stealing SC6 assets for Tekken 7 out of the blue with zero proof. I think is crazy talk.
I think you're reading into my post a little bit there, too. If you re-read it, you might notice that I am very clear about the subjectivity of my views. I ain't accusing Harada. If anything, I'm suspecting (based on earlier evidence that Harada pulled SC staff and put them on Project Tekken, confirmed by earlier interviews and continuing the much-discussed pattern of stepchild treatment of SC by Bamco compared to Tekken). There is no hard evidence of course, and I think I did not imply that.

You can like Setsuka's stage all you want of course, and from my perspective, comparing Kuni's and Setsuka's stages side by side, the discrepancy in quality is highly evident. Which is what made me wonder how the content ended up so different, just barely two months apart, rendering COVID as an explanation rather unlikely. So is it budget that's responsible for what I feel is a rush job (lighting, texture quality, level of detail, empty space)? I don't know.

Is there anyone who doesn't think said stage (with only slight tweaks to fences and the city in the background) would have been an asthetically 10/10 fitting addition to SC along with Setsuka's release, tho?

Having seen the new Kunimitsu trailer, I cannot help but think that some version of her stage might actually have been planned for Setsuka and was then replaced by that lackluster "thing" we got. It just seems so fitting and wouldn't be the first time Harada sucked SC resources into Tekken... Would also explain the sudden drop in quality.
They were just expressing a hunch ("I cannot help but think..."), not throwing a definitive accusation, is how I interpreted the comment.

I think you're reading into my post a little bit there, too. If you re-read it, you might notice that I am very clear about the subjectivity of my views. I ain't accusing Harada.
Alright then.
You can like Setsuka's stage all you want of course, and from my perspective, comparing Kuni's and Setsuka's stages side by side, the discrepancy in quality is highly evident.
I really don't see it, also it's not like we even had a chance to properly examine Kunimitsu's arena to begin with, all we have is a short trailer with glimpses of it from random angles. From what I can see, Kunimitsu's stage looks much bigger and for that reason alone much more empty, a big chunk of the floor is just a giant space painted one single dark color with some petals on top (Setsuka's bare soil floor with occasional grass looks more interesting to me), also the biggest attraction of Kunimitsu's stage stage is a single pagoda on the background, which is not nearly as cool as an entire medieval castle, also Setsuka's stage has a secondary big attraction with a dying cherry blossom while with Kunimitsu's stage I don't see any other central element beyond the pagoda, everything else is generic even if good looking.

also the biggest attraction of Kunimitsu's stage stage is a single pagoda on the background, which is not nearly as cool as an entire medieval castle, also Setsuka's stage has a secondary big attraction with a dying cherry blossom while with Kunimitsu's stage I don't see any other central element beyond the pagoda, everything else is generic even if good looking.
Dude, there's more.

tekken7-vermilion-gates-stage-screenshot.jpg

tekken7-vermilion-gates-stage-screenshot2.jpg

tekken7-vermilion-gates-stage-screenshot3.jpg

Compared to Setsuka's stage's background:
maxresdefault.jpg

The town consists of the same mesh models and textures of the same buildings over and over. So are the cherry trees (same mesh model on repeat). Just saying.

However, tastes differ.

Last edited:
That Kuni stage feels so much more like Setsuka than her stage. I still think we have it better because at least SC isn’t counting the stage as part of the season pass slot.

Unless you didn't buy 2B or Haohmaru for $6 each. Tekken 7 had Geese, Noctis, & Negan. The stages were included with the character for $8 each.

Quality of Kunimitsu's weapons in Tekken 7 (assuming the key art is based on in-game model)
Kinda odd that Tekken has better quality weapons meshes/textures compared to Soul Calibur lol.
1601422396709.png

1601422422396.png

Quality of Kunimitsu's weapons in Tekken 7 (assuming the key art is based on in-game model)
Kinda odd that Tekken has better quality weapons meshes/textures compared to Soul Calibur lol.
View attachment 81273
View attachment 81274
That looks too high-poly to be an in-game model to me. That said, I'm willing to bet the in-game model is still much more detailed than anything in SC. Poor SC is always treated like the red-headed stepchild compared to Tekken.

Back