Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

@WuHT

I think they did that just in case if they ever brought back the original Yoshimitsu seeing as SC5 Yoshi is his successor.

Also there's no Edge Master on the list so I don't know if he's been left out by mistake, or he took the spot of Olcadan in SC5 (or another mimic like Charade).

Also worth noting that the order of the names line up with the order on the character ranking page.

@WuHT

I think they did that just in case if they ever brought back the original Yoshimitsu seeing as SC5 Yoshi is his successor.

Also there's no Edge Master on the list so I don't know if he's been left out by mistake, or he took the spot of Olcadan in SC5 (or another mimic like Charade).

Also worth noting that the order of the names line up with the order on the character ranking page.

The list doesn't include everyone. For example we don't know what number corresponds to Dampierre, Spawn and Heihachi.

Apparently Edgemasters number is 0x10

Wow thanks for the detail guys - yeah seems legit from the sounds of it, like the only reason it wouldn't be him was if they abandoned their own labeling system for some reason.

I wonder if his voice will be like it is from mina's story o.O

Also super excited to just see his aesthetic once again. To me he has one of the most beautiful weapon and movement animations in the game. I hope to god they don't give him unga-bunga grace-less SF style animations and visuals like they've with most of the cast so far..

I'm hoping for announcements and I believe they are going to announce the final character of Season 2. They may do an announcement for Season 3 on November.
I think that's the most logical scenario. Announce Hwang on October 31st, release him around November 20th, give everyone a week to discover all the Season 3 teases inside Hwangs's story as well as Groh's bonus chapter(s), announce Season 3 on November 28th.

I didn't watch the last tournament on 3rd October but does it seem like a format that could work for the reveal / announcement of new DLC? Do they have the likes of Okubo hosting and doing an intro / wrap-up where an announcement could fit? Just wondering whether it's more realistic instead to wait for a new roundtable like we got with the Setuska reveal...

PS is anyone else really nervous that we'll get Yun-seong instead? I feel like if Hwang doesn't make it in now then we'll never see him again as a playable character...

These conceptual amys are alright, but the current SC6 one is superior. I think the dark lacey gloves makes her seem more classy compared to the gigantic flaired sleeves in these 3 concept arts

I'd rank them leftmost, then right most, then the middle

Amy's hair is pretty consistent (since I guess they finalize that first before the actual clothing parts)

Leftmost:
The rose petal flaired shoe opening is pretty neat
Most similar to SC3 Amy in first-glance impression.

Middle:
Has chin straps attached to her head piece (very similiar to current SC6, except with paired roses on either side) and the chin straps look very strange. The wavy skirt is better than the tailed dress, being more similar to SC4. Her top seems more modern to me.

Rightmost:
Is that a servent girl headpiece ? I'm not sure what to call it, but it looks neat but doesn't fit Amy imo.
This one has a large overcoat as outerwear but imo overall the color scheme is too rosy and not dark enough.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I actually think I prefer the design on the right over the final. Maybe replacing the sleeves with the gloves of her final design. The middle design is pretty ehh to me. The stockings are a but much, and the color scheme isn't as cohesive as the others, with the red being a little out of place. It also seems a bit too mature for her, with the others being more age appropriate. Left design comes in close second with the right. The most reminiscent of her SC3 design.

I saw people babble about the SC character ID list I made a few years ago. Here's the most up-to-date version:

Code:
Combined for entire series:
0x01 = Mitsurugi
0x02 = Seong Mi-na
0x03 = Taki
0x04 = Maxi
0x05 = Voldo
0x06 = Sophitia
0x07 = Siegfried
0x08 = Rock
0x09 = Hwang
0x0B = Ivy
0x0C = Kilik
0x0D = Xianghua
0x0E = Lizardman
0x0F = Yoshimitsu
0x10 = Edge Master
0x11 = Nightmare
0x12 = Astaroth
0x13 = Inferno
0x14 = Cervantes
0x15 = Raphael
0x16 = Talim
0x17 = Cassandra
0x18 = Charade
0x19 = Necrid
0x1A = Yun-seong
0x1B = Link
0x1C = Heihachi
0x1D = Spawn
0x1E = Lizardman (SC2)
0x1F = Assassin
0x20 = Berserker
0x22 = Setsuka
0x23 = Tira
0x24 = Zasalamel
0x25 = Olcadan
0x26 = Abyss
0x27 = Night Terror?
0x28 = Hilde
0x29 = Algol
0x2A = Darth Vader
0x2B = Yoda
0x2C = The Apprentice
0x2E = Kratos
0x2F = Dampierre
0x30 = Amy
0x31 = ZWEI
0x32 = Viola
0x33 = Pyrrha
0x34 = Pyrrha Omega
0x35 = Patroklos
0x36 = Alpha Patroklos
0x37 = Natsu
0x38 = Xiba
0x39 = Leixia
0x3A = Aeon
0x3B = Yoshimitsu 2
0x3C = Elysium
0x3D = Kilik (SC5)
0x40 = Angol Fear
0x41 - Kamikirimusi
0x42 = Ezio
0x60 = 2B
0x61 = Haohmaru
0x62 = Groh
0x64 = Azwel
0x65 = Geralt
0x66 = Lesser Lizardman

SC3 bonus characters:
0x30 = Amy
0x31 = Colossus
0x41 = Miser
0x42 = Greed
0x43 = Arthur
0x44 = Hwang
0x45 = Luna
0x46 = Valeria
0x47 = Hualn
0x48 = Girardot
0x4A = Demuth
0x4B = Aurelia
0x4C = Chester
0x4D = Strife
0x4E = Abelia
0x4F = Lynette
0x51 = Li Long
0x54 = Revenant

This should be a complete list. The only thing I didn't double-check if Night Terror's ID is correct, but I'm pretty sure it's correct.

I've seen some people claim that Alpha Patroklos and Pyrrha Omega are in SC5 because the game got rushed, but I feel they were planned to be in the game from the start. If they were added later in the development because other characters got scrapped I'd expect their IDs to be after the other SC5 characters, not ahead of them. Then again, I also don't know if they could have easily swapped IDs around during development (I suspect it wouldn't be super trivial considering these IDs are referenced so many different places).

It reminds me of how someone asked the SC6 director why SC5 had 3 mimics and his reply was basically "no comment." I feel that implies there's a story behind that. I'm curious how that came to be,

• yoshimitsu appearing twice in the list is also pretty interesting, as yoshi1 and yoshi2 have never appeared in the same game.
• More interesting, is that Maxi has replaced Li-Long's position as the 4th in the list. The first 8 characters ought to logically be the Soul Edge series of characters, so Maxi stands out as being out of place. IF Li-Long returns, he'll have to be shuffled towards the end of the list.
I know they've used the same list of IDs since SC1, but I've never bothered to figure what the IDs are in Soul Edge. I'm too lazy to look through Soul Edge's memory, but I found a list online related to how weapons are saved for each character in the savegame, and the order for the characters are like this (and it's very likely the same character order is used everywhere in the game):
Mitsurugi
Seong Mi-na
Taki
Li Long
Voldo
Sophitia
Siegfried
Rock
Hwang
Cervantes

So yeah, it looks like they based the IDs in SC1 on the order from SE but they outright replaced Li Long with Maxi. Poor Li Long...

@FluffyQuack I think 0x0A is for Arthur in SC1 but I only found that through google and not through any digging of my own.

"000A = Cassandra? (lifebar reads Arthur)" from the above link. The link theorizes that the cut character Edgardo is for 0x21

Also I wonder what Devil Jin's ID number would be...
That's a good find. 0x0A as Arthur makes sense.

I'm too lazy to double-check this by looking at game's memory, but based on one list I think the boss variants of characters in Legendary Souls and Devil Jin are immediately after Kilik. So it could be something like this:
0x3D = Kilik (SC5)
0x3E = Siegfried (boss)
0x3F = Cervantes (boss)
0x40 = Nightmare (boss)
0x41 = Devil Jin
0x42 = Ezio

That means some of these replace slots used for the bonus characters in SC4, but that's not surprising since they did replace bonus character slots from SC3.

Back