Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

7128fa812785d262c2d52a7559aa4803.png

https://gyazo.com/7128fa812785d262c2d52a7559aa4803

DLC 13 is Azwel.

Last edited:
For some reason I am hoping it is Hwang with an unnecessarily long scarf but that would be getting my hopes up, right? We're getting Algol when we have Azwel already. That will be some battle to behold.

Are you still convinced that is Hwang? Because it does seem like Algol
1: I have a really hard time believing they switched what character it is late in development (that's especially crazy considering the pandemic), so there's kinda no way it could be anyone but Hwang.

2: I have no idea what I'm looking at with this silhouette. I feel like none of the shapes looks like an arm (it all looks like a bunch of scarves, and Hwang did have a scarf in SC3), I can't tell what the head is (I'm betting what we're seeing is the hair and we're not seeing the silhouette of the head), and it looks like there's a scabbard to the left in the middle, though I'm not sure.

3: Some characters have gotten pretty big redesigns.

So yeah, I think it's Hwang. Even if we didn't know it was Hwang, I would be doubtful it's Algol because I'm having a hard time making a lot of sense out of the silhouette right now.

Gosh what a curveball - wasn’t expecting that and will be gutted if it’s not Hwang. That silhouette looks most like Zwei to me in terms of build - too thick for Hwang but too thin for Algol (and we really don’t need Algol in the game when we’ve got Azwel).

Anybody think it could be a drastic redesign similar to this (which is more accurate to ancient Korean warriors) just with a long scarf maybe...idk...
81EE3C3A-EBAC-4686-8523-B3C43959D9E7.jpeg

Maybe they're going for a combination of his classic looks and Assassin.

I do kind of want it to be Algol for a friend though. I'm pretty much set either way.

Back