Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

on an unrelated note:

I didn't realize that you could actually CUT down the bamboo trees in Setsuka's stage (doesn't require a wall splat).
these little details sometimes you miss

I feel like if anything, we're getting more precise in terms of when things happened though. Amy's full DOB was never known, but she 100% never was legal before SCV. lol
I agree! That's the trade-off. Actual dates became fuzzy but we got more details to make up for it. Including confirmation that Amy is jailbait loli prior to SCV, hahaha!

I agree! That's the trade-off. Actual dates became fuzzy but we got more details to make up for it. Including confirmation that Amy is jailbait loli prior to SCV, hahaha!
Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t Raphael mentioned that Talim looked slightly older than Amy? If so, then that would be minor confirmation that she was 15 or younger whenever he made the comparison.

I suppose there's also the argument for Amy being 12 in 1590 ("currently") since that's what she got revealed as in SC3 for, like, a day. Then Project Soul was like "Uhhh...maybe that's not a great idea" and changed all her info to unknown. But it seems really odd to me that Raphael would get so choked up in amazement at a 5-year-old's decision to not tell guards where he was hiding. I guess a 5-year-old street orphan might be smart enough to do that, but it seems like it's pushing it.

At any rate, 12-14 is probably the range. Story-wise, she may not know how old she is exactly.

At any rate, 12-14 is probably the range. Story-wise, she may not know how old she is exactly.
That's a really sad thought, and one of the reasons I love her character so much is that kind of tragic/sad story she has, and some of her dialogue now suggests she only stays alive to keep Raphael happy, like without him she doesn't even care if she dies. She's so downtrodden in Raphael's story, and lines like "getting hit's no big deal, it's normal" legit made me almost tear up a little.

As a perpetually depressed emo and death craver myself for going on 20 years, I've just always related to her a lot. "Hope only brings disappointment" kinda became a meme, but that side of her personality is one that always resonated with my own outlook on life. Kinda why I was almost disappointed with the tweaks to her personality in SCVI, she seems less emo than in IV (the dumb hot chocolate victory kills me every time), but still has that edge to her sometimes at least.

Last edited:
That's a really sad thought, and one of the reasons I love her character so much is that kind of tragic/sad story she has, and some of her dialogue now suggests she only stays alive to keep Raphael happy, like without him she doesn't even care if she dies. She's so downtrodden in Raphael's story, and lines like "getting hit's no big deal, it's normal" legit made me almost tear up a little.

As a perpetually depressed emo and death craver myself for going on 20 years, I've just always related to her a lot. "Hope only brings disappointment" kinda became a meme, but that side of her personality is one that always resonated with my own outlook on life. Kinda why I was almost disappointed with the tweaks to her personality in SCVI, she seems less emo than in IV, but still has that edge to her sometimes.
I rarely comment, but that's perhaps why Raphael wanted to adopt her. She was the catalyst to have compassion(although a bit twisted). He has everything yet no love. She just exists and that's that.

To further elaborate, she became the catalyst to inspire Raphael to really show there's love(although a bit twisted) to give back. Thus, she's afraid to lose him as he ventures to create a perfect world for her and her father.

There's no such thing as a perfect world. The only 'perfect' world is when two people unconditionally give of themselves to one another and work together to make their own world a better place.

It isn't per say perfect nor is it logical, but broken love can make one blind to even say, "McDonald's is the best kind of food" only because someone showed how great it is to their beloved. Doesn't change the fact there's better things out there, but it certainly warms the heart to overlook and be patient which is the key factors for a symbiotic relationship.

Just my two cents.

I hope they never make ranked where you pick one character only and cant change when you rematch. Its annoying af

Groh's concept art has been revealed today, and would you believe it that it's (IMO) better than what we got.

I did a few tweaks to the design that I would ideally go for such as making his attire symmetrical and removing the eye patch. I would also change his colour design to more muted colours like black and white but have the Aval symbol be blue. One can dream eh.
Gorh Concept Art Edit.jpg

Groh's concept art has been revealed today, and would you believe it that it's (IMO) better than what we got.

I did a few tweaks to the design that I would ideally go for such as making his attire symmetrical and removing the eye patch. I would also change his colour design to more muted colours like black and white but have the Aval symbol be blue. One can dream eh.View attachment 85388
@sytus this is sick, top job. Deffo agree on him looking better in more muted/monochrome colours.

IMO his biggest failings were his face and hair. An older look with a modern haircut like the artwork in the bottom right would've been great.

I did a few tweaks to the design that I would ideally go for such as making his attire symmetrical and removing the eye patch. I would also change his colour design to more muted colours like black and white but have the Aval symbol be blue. One can dream eh.View attachment 85388
His eyepatch is supposed to make him resemble Odin, no? At least I thought that was the intention hence why his alternate designs have the eyepatch in one way or another.

His eyepatch is supposed to make him resemble Odin, no?

Probably, but I'm not sure if it was the intention to merge Nordic/Germanic mythology with British mythology. I mean the Aval(on) Organization is based on the British Arthurian legend, but the base of operations is geographically located at the centre of Nordic/Germanic mythology (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, old Germania stretching from the Netherlands to middle Poland). Between the two regions you have the North Sea making a very clear split between the two, but after the Roman occupation of Britain, the Anglo Saxons (from around the region of Denmark) migrated in mass to the British Isles that later became the nation of England while the original British (Celtic) tribes became Wales and Scotland, so the overlap of these mythologies from these ethnic groups did happen within this time period around the setting of the Arthurian legend.

Last edited:
That coat in the first concept design is absolutely absurd lmao
It's like it's consuming him 😂
3rd design is light years better than his final, of course. Minus that hairstyle and weird Robin-esque mask to the right.

some more concept art from the artist (apparently the first shot as "Groh" also branched off to Azwel)

I gotta admit he looks like someone hit the "Random" button on a Create-a-Soul and this is what they came up with.
A little bit of a steam punk influence

I do like the asymmetrical blades, but to fit the tri-sword lion head symbol I guess it was better decided that the 2 halfs of the sword look relatively symmetrically shaped.

The woman does look intriguing. Will need someone to translate the japanese comments:
EnG2xxEVkAEqgLj

EnGy45HVkAMXksJ

Last Comment: I can totally see why early on they were making Groh and Azwel being possibly blood related

Last edited:
some more concept art from the artist (apparently the first shot as "Groh" also branched off to Azwel)

I gotta admit he looks like someone hit the "Random" button on a Create-a-Soul and this is what they came up with.
A little bit of a steam punk influence

I do like the asymmetrical blades, but to fit the tri-sword lion head symbol I guess it was better decided that the 2 halfs of the sword look relatively symmetrically shaped.

The woman does look intriguing. Will need someone to translate the japanese comments:
EnG2xxEVkAEqgLj

EnGy45HVkAMXksJ

Last Comment: I can totally see why early on they were making Groh and Azwel being possibly blood related
Groh should have been a girl. That way at least we would have gotten 1 new male and 1 new female. Also, I wish they would add all these to the game. Is this concept art on their official website also? Just would like it in one place so I don't have to dig through tweets.

Back