Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Decided to use my baby editing skills to modifying that concept art of Groh to get it to something that I would like to see. I cleaned up the image and muted the colours of his winter knight outfit, plus changed his hair to brown. Don't ask me how I did it, I just twiddled the effects in Paint.net until I got something serviceable.

Groh Concept Art Edit Brown Hair.jpg

IIRC WuHT posted that.
yes sir
In terms of Graphical Improvement:
The biggest offender would be the weapons:
Compare Mitsurugi's Katana vs Haoh's Katana:
Mitsu's hilt is hexagonal and the wrappings are just painted on (gives no impression of depth)
View attachment 79224

Look at the quality of Haoh's hilt, it looks so much better.
View attachment 79226

On a semi-related note, is there any high-resolution screenshots of Kunimitsu in Tekken 7 and her ninja swords ? I'm curious to see if they look as good as Haohmaru or more like Mitsurugi's gamecube level of quality.

So umm, not to seem like a Debbie Downer but what if we actually don't get a reveal this weekend? I want one, just like anyone, but I have this weird feeling telling me not to get my hopes up. I think it's just me though. Please don't hate me. :O

Last edited:
It's Training Mode only, the reason is that it's an infinite stage and SC6 is not balanced to have infinite stages.
That being said, I still wish that they'd make the CAS test fight stage available for other modes. I still do not see why it shouldn't and/or couldn't be done. It's just assets totally being wasted.

Back