Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Hwang Soul Calibur 6.jpg

I think this might be it until SCVII. They managed to fit all of the remaining anime fanservice outfits into the final pack AND the rest of the Tekken ones. It feels like the development team is making sure that all of the weird stuff they love is in the game before the end. Otherwise they would've saved some of those outfits for season 3 CAS packs.

The mysterious woman from Setsuka's story & Curtis are probably buildup for new characters in the next game.

With next gen out in the wild & the minimal content in Tekken 7's fourth season seeming like the finale for that game as well, it feels like Namco wants to move on to sequel development, instead of spending another year working on content for Soul Calibur VI.

• "Dark Thunder" seems to be new to his lore

• green chain looks attached to the end of his Dao
Hwaang chain.jpg
Hwaang chain2.jpg

•While the text states he has SIX secret arts, its interesting to note that the korean taoist symbol is octagonal (8 sides)

• He can create aa blue portal to jump off of
hwang talisman.jpg

• He can throw little paper talisman seals, and if he stabs throw them .. he recovers soul gauge ? Hwang flashes blue after this attack. Note the same korean taoist octagon symbol + teal colored character by his feet when he winds up his break attack. This looks to be a buff generated by the preceding talisman (flashed red characters)
hwang talisman0.jpg

hwang talisman.jpg

Another Talisman, but mid combo. Wonder if this Yellow talisman does anything special (looks like a ground stun type) like Asta/Xianghua/2B.
hwang talisman2.jpg

• did Hwang always have a Shadowless Kick in his repetoire
Hwang.Shadowless Kick.jpg

• This blue lightning one looks to be part of a special attack-throw
hwang talisman3a.jpg

hwang talisman3b.jpg

HIs CE looks really sick : mid-air flying kicking a sword already embedded in his victim's gut!!

What a cool character, cool design and sick animations, really all those acrobatic moves with many kicks are so sick, i can understand now why so many SC fans loves the character and requested him so much, i would likely been one of those if SC1 was my first SC.

En7cXdRW8AEHWDd

Last edited:
I think this might be it until SCVII. They managed to fit all of the remaining anime fanservice outfits into the final pack AND the rest of the Tekken ones. It feels like the development team is making sure that all of the weird stuff they love is in the game before the end. Otherwise they would've saved some of those outfits for season 3 CAS packs.
There are currently 50 characters in Tekken 7, I'm pretty sure there are no 50 Tekken costumes in SC6. And if you only mean Tekken parts that appeared in previous SC games, then we are still missing Jin parts and Panda head.
As for the fanservice costumes that are still not in the game, off the top of my head I can recall this:
ByTYE1-CEAA4ON9.jpg
Also I'm sure there are more.

What a cool character, cool design and sick animations, really all those acrobatic moves with many kicks are sosick, i can understand now why so many SC fans loves the character and requested him so much, i would likely been one of those if SC1 was my first SC.

His potential has been fully realized, now we can have the same magic applied to other characters that people claim to be lackluster like Li Long and Rock.

Yeah if they could focus on putting, you know, SC costumes instead of Tekken's, that's be great... I'm not playing Tekken afaik...
I don't see the point tbh, either you're into Tekken or not.

It's like in Red dead redemption 2 will get DLC costumes came from GTAV, it's simply pure nonsens, and someone can still dislike this even if he loves GTAV, already said it i'm not a fan of those kind of nonsens, but guess maybe there are people fan of those since they're sill brining those in the game?

It's like guest characters, but costumes instead of characters and since it's Tekken, the license is free.
Xiaoyu's and Leroy's costumes don't even look out of place at all in SC6. Also with King we get another cool animal head.
Yeah i see what you mean, as i now know i'm never gonna use those, (unless some parts would have to create specific costume in mind), but still rather have some other stuffs instead, like some alt outfits from past SC, still glad we're getting some with each update though.

Last edited:
Back