Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I really wish they included his classic outfit as a bonus (how did they not think of this?) but otherwise I'm really intrigued. As someone who never played the first game, I only knew of Hwang through the Wiki pages and such. When Soulcalibur VI was first announced as a retelling, I was really hoping they'd have the full roster from the first game so I could fully experience it with the new retelling and I was disappointed that Hwang didn't make it, so I'll be really interested in seeing how his story unfolds :)

Awesome to see Hwang back, not sold on the talisman thing, preferred a regular quick swordsman but still hyped. I feel like season 3 is going to be a thing because we didn’t get Groh’s side story with Hwang, I doubt that they will just leave it like that. Also Hwang doesn’t come with Yun-seong previous outfit so small hint if he ever comes back.
Let’s start the shilling for season 3 since shilling for Hwang worked lol.

time for lizard boy, viola, Algol, yun, Dampierre to make it to the game. I honestly don’t see any other sc5 character making it besides viola.

Q
Awesome to see Hwang back, not sold on the talisman thing, preferred a regular quick swordsman but still hyped. I feel like season 3 is going to be a thing because we didn’t get Groh’s side story with Hwang, I doubt that they will just leave it like that. Also Hwang doesn’t come with Yun-seong previous outfit so small hint if he ever comes back.
Let’s start the shilling for season 3 since shilling for Hwang worked lol.

time for lizard boy, viola, Algol, yun, Dampierre to make it to the game. I honestly don’t see any other sc5 character making it besides viola.
Wait, is the soul archive up already?

Possibly, I highly doubt it's Hwang from the new timeline, considering he seemed to be his SC1 counterpart in Seong-Mina's story, not just in design but in overall "character"
Well, Mina's story ends after "SC1" so to speak. And they seemed to be playing up a working in the shadows/Assasin vibe even there. Who knows what shenanigans Hwang was pulling during SC2-4?

Anyone have an idea who his voice actor is?
It might be SungWon Cho/ProZD. But I'm not sure. I wonder if they'll re-dub the part in Mina's story mode or have it be jank like MKX Tanya. lol

Well, Mina's story ends after "SC1" so to speak. And they seemed to be playing up a working in the shadows/Assasin vibe even there. Who knows what shenanigans Hwang was pulling during SC2-4?

It might be SungWon Cho/ProZD. But I'm not sure. I wonder if they'll re-dub the part in Mina's story mode or have it be jank like MKX Tanya. lol
I saw someone say it might be SungWon, if it is that's awesome, love the guy

hwang-soul-calibur-6-jpg.85469

Hwang looks to be covid-ready with that mask.
And how appropriate!

I haven't been active here and I've been playing other games but it looks like I'll be playing more SOULCALIBUR again.

I kind of wonder whatever happened to LisaK, Dante, and Dissidia. They were usually the ones driving the Hwang conversations when I often visited these forums (whether for or against his inclusion lol). It's a bit weird to see their absence in this discussion after Hwang is revealed lol.

==========

But anyway, I really hope that we'll get a Season 3 and Hwang isn't the last character. I'm actually hoping for Yun-seong so we can finally end the Hwang = Yun-seong debate because they're now a lot more different than ever before. Even Hwang isn't Hwang anymore lol, but he was able to retain some of his original moves.

The way they changed Hwang also makes me wonder what they could do with other past characters like Aeon, Li Long, and Rock. I still hope that Li Long can come back with a three section staff because that weapon totally fits his character design even though he only used a fake version as a form of censorship in the European version.

So, Hwang looks badass, and at least a bit complex.

A few questions.

Wonder how actually complex he'll be, since he used to be quite straightforward iirc, given how some people talked about him (never played him myself)

Is he original Hwang? If he's original timeline, maybe that explains where the flying fuck he's been. If this is new Hwang, what on earth happened to turn him into a vampire hunter, did a vampire kill his parents and try to usurp his fortune?

Will he be related to Cassandra in any way?

Wasn't his original weapon white thunder (storm?) or something like that. Wonder why his weapon is different? Soul edge kinda thing?

Will his armour be baked into his pants?

Will we get a costume similar to his original?

Anyone have an idea who his voice actor is?

How the hell does he wear a headband under that mask?
His VA is SungWon Cho, better known as ProZD. He has a YouTube channel where he does fandubs and stuff.

Also, it's cool that Bamco cast an actual Korean-American VA to voice their Korean character.

I kind of wonder whatever happened to LisaK, Dante, and Dissidia.

They've completely disappeared and LisaK has made her account private for some reason. Not seen Rusted Blade either.

I still hope that Li Long can come back with a three section staff because that weapon totally fits his character design
I'd rather not as I would be extremely unhappy if that happened. Li Long was my original main back in Soul Blade, he became my main because I was a massive fan of the old Kung Fu movies with my favourite weapon at the time being the nunchaku. I was pissed when he was replaced by Maxi only to be delighted with his return with double nunchucks which I thought made him even more badass than he was originally. To replace the signature weapon of a character I have technically been waiting for since the late 90's would be devastating. If you want a three section staff moveset, please ask for it with a new character, keep Li Long with what he has in SC3.

Last edited:
Back