Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

If Yun Seong is to return in SC6 as a S3 character, the smart guess is to think he'll be the Do user + tons of kick strings. However, the Hwang trailer already featured some pretty sick looking kicks so i'll going to see how Project Soul will try to top that. Project Soul might end up bringing in secondary complimentary weapons, and Yun Seong's footwear might be bladed ? This would actually make customization worse off since it sort of locks a weapon to his lower body slot. Personally I'm cool with just a Do for Yun Seong, but Project Soul seems to make a habit of surpassing my expectations.
It's just gonna be Yun-Seong. lol

If Yun Seong is to return in SC6 as a S3 character, the smart guess is to think he'll be the Do user + tons of kick strings. However, the Hwang trailer already featured some pretty sick looking kicks so i'll going to see how Project Soul will try to top that. Project Soul might end up bringing in secondary complimentary weapons, and Yun Seong's footwear might be bladed ? This would actually make customization worse off since it sort of locks a weapon to his lower body slot. Personally I'm cool with just a Do for Yun Seong, but Project Soul seems to make a habit of surpassing my expectations.
Yun Seong will shoot a rainbow anime laser out of his dick.

I love SCVI, but it's easy to mock.

If there's a Season 3, these are my choices.

1) Rock/Bangoo - Broken Destiny type Rock or brand new character Bangoo with a slugger/grappler style like Rock.

2) Li Long - SC3 AE Li Long was awesome and seeing him again here would be a blast. Double nunchaku action FTW!!!

3) Algol

4) Brand new character. Would love a Sai user as it is overdue. And more importantly, a canon brand new character, NOT A GUEST.

5) Edgemaster - The last character and the original all weapons mimic.

If there's a Season 3, these are my choices.

1) Rock/Bangoo - Broken Destiny type Rock or brand new character Bangoo with a slugger/grappler style like Rock.

2) Li Long - SC3 AE Li Long was awesome and seeing him again here would be a blast. Double nunchaku action FTW!!!

3) Algol

4) Brand new character. Would love a Sai user as it is overdue. And more importantly, a canon brand new character, NOT A GUEST.

5) Edgemaster - The last character and the original all weapons mimic.
I feel like there'd be some significant backlash over charging people for a mimic.

Didn’t they announce the world tour in December 2019? Perhaps as we get close to January we will have a better idea if a world tour 2021, online world tour or season 3 will be a thing

Well nothing was mentioned today... as expected I guess.
Just a revamped Hwang to close out SCVI S2 is fine.
Didn’t they announce the world tour in December 2019? Perhaps as we get close to January we will have a better idea if a world tour 2021, online world tour or season 3 will be a thing
As for Season 3, I think another Japanese Round table might happen take the place of EVOJapan 2021 for future announcements. All the Steam Datamines for SCVI are always right. With Hwang getting revamped & Yun-seong's SCIV P1 costume not in CaS Pack 6 means STAR = Yun-seong for SCVI S3.

I'm I the only one who don't want Amy to become Viola? I would prefer if Project Soul repackaged Viola moves into a new character. Maybe an Indian fortune teller character, since Viola is based off of Roma culture, who are originally from India.
Nope, you're not alone. I love Amy's character and fighting style. Soulcalibur V felt like a massive slap in the face 'cause I effectively lose both my mains (Kilik and Amy to new characters who I just couldn't get along with). I hoped with her returning in SCVI they'd retcon Viola out but then they forshadowed her in the end of Amy's story :/ I don't have a problem with Viola herself, but not at the expense of Amy. I'd rather they take up seperate slots like Seigfried and Nightmare do (and they have way similar fighting styles in comparison so it makes no sense to straight up replace one unique style with another).

Hey they should use any chance possible to remove that cancerous moveset Amy has. If that means turning her into viola sign me up

@Psykai

There's nothing stopping Project Soul putting both versions of her in the same game. The only thing that would be difficult to successfully figure out is the single player content. Do they have both of them meet each other, or do Amy players get an untold chapter in her younger years. I would prefer the latter but I wouldn't be bothered if she didn't receive any single player content at all. I kinda hate what's been done with Mortal Kombat's story to justify a character's canonical inclusion so I don't want the same thing to happen to Calibur. We've been lucky with the crossover timeline interactions in SC6 so far, but I feel it's only worked because it's been minimal. I dread the day it's crossover timeline becomes the focal point over adventure and upheaval.

As for Season 3, I think another Japanese Round table might happen take the place of EVOJapan 2021 for future announcements.
Are we sure there won't be some kind of online EVO Japan 2021?
Covid did not kill off EVO 2020 after all, it fell to a staff-related controversy. They did promise to reorganise and return next year after all.
I'm I the only one who don't want Amy to become Viola? I would prefer if Project Soul repackaged Viola moves into a new character.
Look at Nightmare and Siegfried in SC6: they share the same body, yet are two separate characters on the roster. I expect Amy/Viola to get a similar treatment in SC7.

Back