Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I took a look at Hwang's story. It seems to follow half a year after he infiltrated the Korean capital and stole the Soul Edge fragments (mentioned in his SC3 story). After that we're to assume he studied Tao magic under a man named Wong Su-hyeong (I don't know how they'll write it in English) which will probably be the basis of his Soul Chronicle.

Why does this weapon appear twice?

img_item_13.jpg
supposed to be this

1606709505003.png

Interesting that Blue Thunder, his weapon from SC1 and SC3 is gone here. Perhaps Yun-Seong could wield it the way Cassandra wielded Sophtia's old weapon in SCVI.

I always thought a Podao was a polearm weapon.
In fact, Seong Mina's weapon is probably the closest to a Podao.
Its too heavy/broad for aNaginata, but its not broad enough to be a Guandao

I got this from google translate and thought it was strange. And funny.
You know what's funny about that name translation is that you would have definitely seen that as a character's name in 80's/90's translated games. Miles Edgeworth, what an hilarious name for Mitsurugi.
Miles Edgeworth is a character from the Ace Attorney video games. His name in the Japan version is Reiji Mitsurugi. Google must have it earmarked in their system to trigger when it sees Mitsurugi for some reason.

So regarding the speculation if this is old timeline Hwang, his bio pretty much confirms that this is new timeline Hwang as his new talsiman abilities have been taught by Woo Soo-hyun. IIRC this is the same guy who trained and looked after Xiba.
That was Kong Xiuqiang, Xianghua's dad/Xiba's granddad/the guy that Mina runs into in her Soul Chronicle. This Soo-hyun guy is new.

Why is Hwang's headband attached to one of the hair styles? That was a pretty silly thing to do.
It's the only way to have it so that you can wear the hat and still have the headband at the same time. Otherwise, it'd be a double head equip.

Right.. Seong Mina is just a "childhood friend"
View attachment 85594
OH, BABY, YOOUUUUU, YOU GOT WHAT I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED. BUT YOU SAY "SHE'S JUST A FRIEND." BUT YOU SAY "SHE'S JUST A FRIEND."
The song itself doesn't actually work for this situation, but it's still funny.

Wait a minute. Has dirt been a thing all this time? I've hardly noticed it.

Last edited:
Back