Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

The Hwang announcement on the Bandai Namco EU page says Hwang is the last DLC character for Soulcalibur 6.

That's because SCVI Season 3 isn't announced yet. Let's wait for the next Japanese Roundtable.

The Hwang announcement on the Bandai Namco EU page says Hwang is the last DLC character for Soulcalibur 6.
Too bad, I was really hoping that a season 3 would bring needed improvements in gameplay and online functions. Just have to wait and hope for a possible Soulcalibur 7 then.

Called it! It would make no sense whatsoever to work on this game for another year while gaming is going next gen. The roster right now is incredible enough (my favorite in the series), and tons of effort was put into Season 2, ending SCVI on a high note.

This game was a wild ride. I was more hyped for the DLC than the initial game, and every release was worth the wait. I even came to love Hoahmaru (I was less than thrilled about him at first). I'm hoping that SCVII is greenlit, and Okubo & the team can move on to bigger and better things (with a bigger budget).

Nah, I don't think so.

I think Season 3 will come and be the last.

Okubo should say it in a live conference or something. Hell, Season 4 of Tekken 7 was unexpected so I will wait for final news straight from the mouth that this is the end of SC6.

Yeah.... I had a feeling that was gonna be the case, Season 3 was too good to be true imo.
I think that Hwang is ending the game's DLC and overall post-launch content on a high note.

It's a good send-off due to being a long-time requested character, someone we haven't seen in over a decade, and someone who was heavily speculated to be in even before 6 was out.
For a revival of a series, I think the game did really well, it brought back some hype as well as introduced players to the FGC once more, both new and old, and brought in new players overall, which was what the series needed in the past decade imo.

I'm really happy about this game being a thing and satisfied with it's conclusion.
SC7 in 2024 or something idk.

Too bad, I was really hoping that a season 3 would bring needed improvements in gameplay and online functions. Just have to wait and hope for a possible Soulcalibur 7 then.
If there's one thing to have learnt by now it's that Bamco's marketing is abysmal and usually one hand won't know what the other one is doing. So hold your horses with that very limp, soft disconfirmation of season 3.

I still trust the datamine code name leak which has proven accurate so far (minus guests, which I suspect have been negotiated individually and independently). Three remain according to this (plus another guest, I suppose).

Also keep in mind that another season would be a much easier and cost-effective money grab for Bamco rather than working up a completely new next-gen game. T7 proves how long Bamco is willing to support games like that as long as DLC sells.

EDIT: the HP now says that Hwang is the "last DLC character of SC6 Season 2" lol. Soft-confirm S3?

Patch notes are out !

Well, they officially murdered the Mantis Crawl. In their attempts to stop Voldo from being susceptible to RE in MCHT they ended up removing one of his oki mixups from the Blindstance. Great...

Also, poor Astaroth got maimed. Big ooF.

There's still hope for a Season 3!

Screenshot_20201130-132425.jpg

Back