Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

concept art from these tweets for hwang
1606965448515.png

1606965464824.png

1606965475730.png

This one is my favorite. It kinda still has a Korean vibe than the one we got. They could make the hat a little more traditional by adding the beads that Korean hats have. View attachment 85872

That costume would look so awesome for Hwang.:D
I wish that the Korean characters got more costumes accurate to their culture like Seong Mi-na's hanbok from II.

I don't know about how good hwang is and I don't care for any balancing, but I am just really impressed with how they managed to take moves from every iteration he has (even animating some moves to look similar to ones from soulblade). It just feels surreal to see his face and model in the game considering he wasn't in SC4 and 5. It feels like a dream!

I think this is the kind of care they wanted to give each and every character in this game had they had the time. I'm talking about most of the DLCs in general. If you've noticed, the characters that were planned to be in the game when it releases didn't change or evolve as much as the DLCs. Look at all the new stuff Cassandra got, same with Hilde, Amy and now Hwang. Heck, even their Story Chronicles. The DLCs were 70-90 minutes long whereas the regular casts' were 20-30 minutes long.

I don't know about how good hwang is and I don't care for any balancing, but I am just really impressed with how they managed to take moves from every iteration he has (even animating some moves to look similar to ones from soulblade). It just feels surreal to see his face and model in the game considering he wasn't in SC4 and 5. It feels like a dream!
I agree which is why I’m a little disappointed that his primary costume, art and model has his face and iconic headband covered up by a feathery hat, although that being said I do quite like how on the character selection screen his icon will change from unmasked to masked when hovering over his slot - that’s quite cool!

I do think they could have done a better job with his alternative colours also - not a fan of 2 or 4.

Hopefully Hwang will be a mainstay on the roster going forwards!

I have them here.
And as far as I’m concerned Cervantes didn’t really get buffed or nerfed. If anything he’s exactly the same as before. Just more consistent with less damage.
The better tracking and the buffering window for the JF GDR is dumb for what he is capable with his damage and RO potentials.

Those are unnecessary considering his status.

Only worthy nerf is his a6.

The people demand Chibi Zwei make an appearance. lol

Where did you find DLC 14? I cannot find it on PSN store

SNK announced a few hours ago that they will give more news about KOF XV and Samurai Shodown Season 3 on January 7th. Do you guys think that next month would be a more appropriate time to announce a possible Season 3 for SCVI?

Realistically? No.

I feel like IF we get anything, it wont be before March. My only thing is that if we're not getting a season 3, i hope that they do let us know at least.

Last edited:
Realistically? No.

I feel like IF we get anything, it wont be before March. My only thing is that if we're not getting a season 3, i hope that they do let us know at least.
well seeing how Okubo and PS are im sure they will let us know if there is no season 3, but i do hope for some hints for SC7 in a year of 2 after the end of support of SC6.

Some SC3 Art
EoVt_x0VoAA66jt.jpg

1st concept art has DOUBLE DAO!!
2nd concept looks a little too super-hero to me.
EoVt7wDU0AEikSH.jpg

Another double Dao design, i'm less a fan of the baggy clothing

I was actually thinking about how far back SC6's Hwang's designs go (ie when they started) and if there was any development from SC3-5 on Hwang at all that they kept in storage.

Back