Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

At least it's not like MK11, who puts a bunch of forgotten shitty movie characters.
You reckon Alien/Predator, Jason, Joker, Rambo, Terminator, and Robocop are all forgotten shitty movie characters?

For the record I hate guest characters as much as the next guy.. It always feels like, even if I like (guest character), what's the point in growing attached and putting time in with them when they won't even be around next game..

No fighting game is free from guests these days, darling, even Street Fighter V already announced the girl from Rival Schools in it's roster. Besides, Soul Calibur had guests ever since SC2, so it's not like anything is being disrupted. At least it's not like MK11, who puts a bunch of forgotten shitty movie characters.

They match too well to not mean anything.
Akira isn't a guest.

The Street Fighter verse is the same universe as Final Fight and Rival Schools. Akira is the second character to make it from that series besides Sakura and Hinata and Tiffany are in the beach background.

Bottomline is that Akira is in verse.

I don't think Yun-Seong is the one STAR refers to, it makes more sense to be Algol, especially considering he has been hinted at as well. Also, it surprises me that people aren't talking about the possibility of another guest in Season 3.
If Season 3 happens, Algol is a sure thing.

Zasalamel's whole story features heavily around the Hero King Algol and Mitsurugi woke him up with his theme song from SC4.

Season 3 Algol is a lock.

It remains to be seen from the other 3-4 characters. And no, considering how much they spent on Haohmaru and considering IMHO, the backstab that SNK did to them on SamSho and the age of SC6, it doesn't makes sense for another guest. Brand new canon characters make more sense at this point, like Leroy and Fak were for Tekken 7.

No fighting game is free from guests these days, darling, even Street Fighter V already announced the girl from Rival Schools in it's roster. Besides, Soul Calibur had guests ever since SC2, so it's not like anything is being disrupted. At least it's not like MK11, who puts a bunch of forgotten shitty movie characters.

They match too well to not mean anything.
Fair points, my fren. SC has had guests around for some time and they're definitely more of a thing in fighting games now, it seems. If anything, it would disrupt the trend to not have one included if we get a 3rd season pass.

Edit: I do agree with what Crash X and SAPirata noted; guests kinda bore me because I know that really, I'm waiting on roster members to come back, and the guests are taking up slots for them potentially. My interest isn't on guest characters. They won't be there for the next game anyway.

But again, this is very much just my particular, whiny opinion on it. All the grousing in the world won't make guests go away, for better or worse.

You reckon Alien/Predator, Jason, Joker, Rambo, Terminator, and Robocop are all forgotten shitty movie characters?

For the record I hate guest characters as much as the next guy.. It always feels like, even if I like (guest character), what's the point in growing attached and putting time in with them when they won't even be around next game..
Joker and Spawn maybe not, but most others are shitty memes. Who the fuck cares about Rambo anymore? Those movies were awful (because Stallone is an awful actor too), they're just praised because at the time people liked it due to their lack of standards.

Akira isn't a guest.

The Street Fighter verse is the same universe as Final Fight and Rival Schools. Akira is the second character to make it from that series besides Sakura and Hinata and Tiffany are in the beach background.

Bottomline is that Akira is in verse.
Being in verse doesn't make her less of a guest. She isn't from the Street Fighter franchise, she is from Rival Schools. It's not the same as, say, Final Fight, whose characters appeared in the multiples in many base rosters, Akira is just one and she is DLC.

Well the answer is simple....

We’re tired of guest characters taking up spots for the characters we want back.
Are they, now? Because, again, Soul Calibur has done this for a long while, so they're keeping tradition at this point, they weren't taking anyone's spot then, and I doubt they are now. Besides, with the attention some of them bring, they are the one reason a certain part of the people who plays this game is doing so, which, if anything, means they're enabling others, not disrupting them. Remember that Soul Calibur is more niche, it's not like Mortal Kombat, who could easily stand on it's own legs, it needs some push.

I think the only way Algol can get in is if there is indeed no guest in Season 3 or if there is Season 4.
Yun, Aeon and Rock in Season 3 are a lock.
The one thing that makes anyone think Yun-Seong is a lock is the same that would make Algol a lock as well. And Yun's chances aren't very good. I talked about this in another topic, here is the quote:

If they were to add Yun-Seong, they wouldn't replace his moveset, but while I'm generally the guy that doesn't see a problem with repeated weapons, I don't think they would add Yun-Seong, because he feels too much like a lesser Hwang. Don't get me wrong, I know they can easily make their movesets distinct enough, but when it comes to making them DLC, it feels like a stretch, DLC characters that had weapons similar to other characters were similar to ones from the base roster (Cassandra-Sophitia and Amy-Raphael), selling Yun-Seong after selling Hwang doesn't even look good to promote, because a lot of people will think they're too similar.

If one of them was in the base roster, I'd absolutely agree that the other could be DLC, but both of them? I don't think so. It doesn't help that Yun-Seong doesn't really have much to add, and storywise, he is kinda similar to Hwang as well, with his relationship with Mi-Na. Algol feels like a much more likely add, he has been teased in the story already, he has potential to set up the events of the next game and his moveset is very unique (despite Azwel covering the theme of using the two swords), so I think he has a better chance to return than Yun-Seong, considering that both can be the "STAR" thing.

Last edited:
The one thing that makes anyone think Yun-Seong is a lock is the same that would make Algol a lock as well. And Yun's chances aren't very good.
Yun is the most popular SC character yet not in SC6.
Algol is the bottom of the barrel hanging out with Dampierre as far as popularity goes. One thing Algol has going on for him is hight lore importance, which is a blessing and a curse at the same time, a blessing because it means eventually he has to be back no matter what, a curse because SC6 is definitely not his time.
And I'm saying it as someone who actually prefers Dampierre and Algol over Yun every day of the week.

Are they, now? Because, again, Soul Calibur has done this for a long while, so they're keeping tradition at this point, they weren't taking anyone's spot then, and I doubt they are now. Besides, with the attention some of them bring, they are the one reason a certain part of the people who plays this game is doing so, which, if anything, means they're enabling others, not disrupting them. Remember that Soul Calibur is more niche, it's not like Mortal Kombat, who could easily stand on it's own legs, it needs some push.
Except these guests are ones in the Season Passes. These are characters that are being sold alongside other mainstream SC characters that are just there. They don’t get a Soul Chronicle or anything. In terms of pre SCV characters left we just have are Rock, Aeon, Yun-Seong, Li Long, Algol, Dampierre, and Edge Master (if you want to count him). People have been requesting for their mains to come back for years and the 2B and Haohmaru slots could have easily gone to another SC character. That way we would have had a full house. Honestly, just one to two guests per game is good enough, otherwise everything just becomes MK with it’s guests.

Yun is the most popular SC character yet not in SC6.
Algol is the bottom of the barrel hanging out with Dampierre as far as popularity goes. One thing Algol has going on for him is hight lore importance, which is a blessing and a curse at the same time, a blessing because it means eventually he has to be back no matter what, a curse because SC6 is definitely not his time.
And I'm saying it as someone who actually prefers Dampierre and Algol over Yun every day of the week.
Yun came out a week ago what are you talking about.

So I've realized what my major issue is with this patch, Ivy's active frames need looking at because her verticals are hitting like horizontals when I'm to her side, plus her forward attacks are hitting from behind. This has happened with multiple Ivy's players I've played against online. At first I though it was due to Hwang's hitbox being a little jank seeing as he's like a new character in SC6, but this issue has happened while I was playing Yoshi which hasn't happened before.

I am doing a Modern AU Fashion Project and I am conducting a poll on which SC character I am going to do first.

The characters in question are:
:sc1ivy3::sc1kil1::sc1min1::sc1sig1::sc1xia1::sc1tak1::sc1sop1::sc2mit2::sc3hwang1::sc4hil1::sc2maxi1: and Groh

Here are the polls. The Top 3 will be the first in the line.

Let me know what you think.:D
Voting ends on Saturday.

Back