Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

anyone can translate ?
Harada 2B Tekken 7.png

Even though I think 2B is absolute cancer to fight in top ranks, I'm just glad it's her and not Noctis because at least I get to look at a nice piece of ass while fighting her. I also like the fact she one of the few characters who don't make obnoxiously loud grunts when getting hit making her an ideal training dummy.

I like 2B but she isn't good fit in T7, tho her or Noctis don't make much difference in terms of fits.

So they basically never considered Solid Snake, Tifa, Axel Stone or Blaze Fielding Aka the best possible guests for Tekken 7. Tho at this point i don't even care as it's better save those for T8.

Geralt is super great as guest, pretty much perfect. But gotta say i'm quite surprise there was no Dark Souls Character as it's owned by Bandai Namco, maybe Season 3 or SC7, personally rather it will be save for SC7.

lol single A hitting an airborne opponent somehow upsets him

nah Taki should be TC and TJ 100% of the time thats the only way to make her balanced

OMG the opponent is doing a move I don't know how to deal with
should I block?
no lets just spam AA LOL

While 2B+K doesn't have an TC frames, I do think it should considering it's i22, is super unsafe at -36 on block and comes from Possession which is supposed to be at the end of the day a crouching stance. Personally I think Possession stance alone has way too many variables that I wonder if the risk to use it is even worth it. I can understand the argument that in a game with the philosophy of horizontals catch stepping, verticals catch crouching that being able to step with full tech crouch frames would be broken, but this is balanced out when Taki is short range, can't block, has to commit to step more than normal step and everyone has horizontal mids and lows to knock her out of stance. I'd rather have that over the permanent chip damage gimmick from her Mekimaru.

If we had a Soulsborne Character as Season 3 DLC, would you want it to be one of the iconic NPCS (Solaire, Siegmeyer), or a generic version of the main character?

I feel like that ship has sailed when it comes to a Dark Souls guest, plus the tone of Dark Souls is one of rot and decay which is the opposite to Soul Calibur with it's vibrant and campy tone.

Also, in terms of Soul Calibur 5, I still feel bad how terrible the reception it got. I feel like it had some great mechanics, and in some ways felt faster than Soul Calibur 6. I loved how hard it was to break out of grabs, and how (most) of the moves had a purpose too.

That's not to say I think Soul Calibur 6 is bad, just that I feel like the team thought they had to add in a lot of new mechanics to save the franchise, and some of them (like RE) just slow down the pace of the game. Meter is way stronger in this game too, which encourages using RE.

Even if you aren’t using RE, the meter gain in this game is still very plentiful. You almost shouldn’t ever have to worry about running out of meter unless you’re just burning it without any thought process. And if you’re playing someone like Voldo or Astaroth you’ll always have a spare bar of meter on standby.

If we had a Soulsborne Character as Season 3 DLC, would you want it to be one of the iconic NPCS (Solaire, Siegmeyer), or a generic version of the main character?

I feel like that ship has sailed when it comes to a Dark Souls guest, plus the tone of Dark Souls is one of rot and decay which is the opposite to Soul Calibur with it's vibrant and campy tone.

Let's not say "Soulsborne" here as if Bloodborne has any chance, because I doubt they would break the PlayStation exclusivity from that franchise, and from Demon's Souls too, for that matter. Also, yes, it has a big chance of happening, and no, there is no such thing as "ship has sailed": the Souls series literally made it's own genre, it's not a small thing that can "sail", it's still a success to this day. Also², who the hell cares if Dark Souls is about rot and decay, nobody cared about different settings when they brought fucking 2B to this game. Also³, I doubt any of the NPCs will show up, because they're too generic in their movesets, if a Dark Souls character shows up, it's likely to be someone unique and memorable, like Ornstein.

While 2B+K doesn't have an TC frames, I do think it should considering it's i22, is super unsafe at -36 on block and comes from Possession which is supposed to be at the end of the day a crouching stance. Personally I think Possession stance alone has way too many variables that I wonder if the risk to use it is even worth it. I can understand the argument that in a game with the philosophy of horizontals catch stepping, verticals catch crouching that being able to step with full tech crouch frames would be broken, but this is balanced out when Taki is short range, can't block, has to commit to step more than normal step and everyone has horizontal mids and lows to knock her out of stance. I'd rather have that over the permanent chip damage gimmick from her Mekimaru.
"While 2B+K doesn't have an TC frames"

yes and only on this game, in any other soul calibur where she have this move it is full TC
also Possession is tech crouch ONLY when moving forward if you are standing still you're not TC

"While 2B+K doesn't have an TC frames"

yes and only on this game, in any other soul calibur where she have this move it is full TC
also Possession is tech crouch ONLY when moving forward if you are standing still you're not TC
Yes i'm glad you recognize that SC6 is a different game than prior versions

Please don't misconstrue intentional balance changes with actual bugs.

I know this isn't exactly Soul Calibur discussion, but it is the most active thread here which should hopefully give me the most feedback as well as help me transition to the Calibur PC scene.

So my laptop has started to act weird, as in it now has this random habit of automatically scrolling my page for some reason which is a good enough nudge for me to build a PC now. Thing is I'm starting from scratch so I have no idea what I should get that would make it future proof for upcoming games like Elden Ring running at 60fps. My budget is around £2000 and so far I've come across this on PCPartPicker.

PC Specs.png

My priority for gaming is a stable 60fps for all my games with high graphics settings. I'm not interested in 4K, 1080p is good enough for me.

As for a monitor, I'm looking at the Zowie for that super low latency, but if any of you have a better suggestion just let me know. Same with the speaker setup as I haven't looked for any yet.

I thought everyone here might get a little kick out of this easter egg I stumbled upon in Nier Automata: seems at some point after 2B was licensed as a SCVI guest, someone patched in this cheeky little reference:

View attachment 87974
Sorry to say but that's always been it's description and isn't related to Soulcalibur in any way. It's referring to the fact that you can self-destruct the bottom half of 2B/9S's outfits off. This basically 'equips' that broken-clothing state rather than relying on the self-destructive alternative method. Or it prevents the outfit removal when you self destruct. Or both. IDR the details explicitly.

Here's a vid from 3rd May, 2017, showcasing it.

Sorry to say but that's always been it's description and isn't related to Soulcalibur in any way. It's referring to the fact that you can self-destruct the bottom half of 2B/9S's outfits off. This basically 'equips' that broken-clothing state rather than relying on the self-destructive alternative method. Or it prevents the outfit removal when you self destruct. Or both. IDR the details explicitly.

Here's a vid from 3rd May, 2017, showcasing it.
Ah well--more's the pity: afterall, who doesn't like some good-natured inter-developer sass? I hadn't recalled that section of the description being there, but with this additional context, I understand that the description's meaning is actually nearly the inverse of how I read it: it's not saying that damage doesn't, as a general rule, leave clothing undisturbed (although that is also true, outside of self-destructs), but rather that no source of damage (meaning self-destructs in particular) will damage clothing, so long as the dress module is equipped. A bit of a convoluted way of going about saying it, but of course that is par for the course in a localized JRPG. Actually, the bon mot quality of the description (had it meant what I thought it said) probably should have been an indicator to me that it was not what I perceived it to be.

Oh well--thanks for the info, even if it was a bit of a buzz kill--that'll teach me to share my mirth without additional media research. ;D

Back