Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

If KOF 2002, Fightcade, and GG+R have taught us anything, its that fans respond very well to good netcode. The number of active players for these games and community activity reflects this. If SC6 is to survive post season 3, it MUST do something with its netcode. Returning characters and SC4 & 5 CAS assets are fine and all, but it'll mean zilch in the long run if the Online maintains its current quality.

But lets be real here, can you REALLY see Bamco doing anything with SC6's netcode? Okubo would probably pull the "TK7 is 3" card.

This confirms SCVI was in development back in 2015, 3 years after SCV's release.
Maybe she was being prepped for Lost Swords but they stuck with the SC4 design (unlikely).
It seems like "initial design" really means just concept art. However, since the character model and game engine hasn't really changed since SC4 then they may have actually done more.

Lastly, I understand why there wasn't some new never-seen-before concept art, since Sophitia was one of the first they started on. Curious to see their comments on Mitsurugi's case, since he was clearly in SC5 and also finished super early in time for the reveal trailer

Maybe she was being prepped for Lost Swords but they stuck with the SC4 design (unlikely).
I don't see how that's unlikely. It takes a lot of time to model a new outfit, and the assets for Sophitia were already in SC4 (and SC5 if you count Elysium). Not to mention that Lost Sword's nature as a GaaS game means that additional content needs to be constant or else there's no reason to continue playing the game.

The only other logical conclusion is that the SCLS servers were intentionally cut short to focus on the development of SC6, which is kind of disheartening because the state of that game during launch did not instill confidence that the game was finished.

I don't see how that's unlikely. It takes a lot of time to model a new outfit, and the assets for Sophitia were already in SC4 (and SC5 if you count Elysium). Not to mention that Lost Sword's nature as a GaaS game means that additional content needs to be constant or else there's no reason to continue playing the game.

The only other logical conclusion is that the SCLS servers were intentionally cut short to focus on the development of SC6, which is kind of disheartening because the state of that game during launch did not instill confidence that the game was finished.
Her SC6 design is clearly designed based to draw nostalgia from SC1. I can't see that being a theme for Lost Swords. Thats why its unlikely they would have used the SC6 concept for Lost Swords unless there was a mandate across the board for all the characters to have outfits as purchase-able DLC outfits that harkon back to classic outfits. Recycling SC4 assets is way easier.

Yet for SC6 not having more SC4/SC5 outfits available (even as DLC bundles) is a decision I can't understand. They seem to have done it for about 1/3 of the characters already, but imo its money left on the table.

free translation: "This is the only Sophitia in SC6." :sc1sop1:
I........ find that hard to believe.

But he said in that tweet that he was working on SCVI at the time. I don't see why he would lie.

I........ find that hard to believe.
If this was the case, it appears that early on they decided to have break-away parts that actually disappear rather than the torn/shredded damaged armor look, at least for arm/leg/head accessories. The chest armor actually has a damaged version which is at least not a step backwards, and the only improvement from SC4/SC5 is that there is a damaged hair style now (which is really cool). Most of the characters have identical hair meshes compared to SC4/SC5 so its nice to see a bit more work put into this

off topic a bit but does anyone know if there are prints or posters of concept art and renders for the stages / environments from any of the soulcalibur games? i found some online for character concepts but im more interested in a few stages and environments to go up on my walls

9AFEA672-0E5D-4CD9-B4AA-D58C8D460435.jpeg

Evo Online Kicks off this August

With the support of world-class publishers, Evo is returning this year as Evo Online, a fully online competition taking place August 6 – 8 and 13 -15. Entry will be free, and players in North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America* will be able to compete in BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment’s Tekken 7, Capcom’s Street Fighter V: Champion Edition, Warner Bros. Games’ Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate**, and Arc System Works’ Guilty Gear -Strive- in an open format. The online qualifiers will be livestreamed for fans, and more details will be shared in the coming weeks on evo.gg.
RIP every game without rollback. Smash and SC6 included.

Back