Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I think the issue with announcing SC6 for Evo would also semi confirm it's continued support from Bandai Namco themselves, which I imagine they don't want to do to maximize the season 3 reveal. Well, I hope that's the case.

I think the issue with announcing SC6 for Evo would also semi confirm it's continued support from Bandai Namco themselves, which I imagine they don't want to do to maximize the season 3 reveal. Well, I hope that's the case.
All things considered, if they want SC6 to be a tournament game at EVO 2021, they'll have to update its netcode some time before August and make an announcement about it and about EVO presence. And if they simply want to showcase something new about SC6 at EVO without running a tournament, they can always show a trailer after Tekken 7 finals with no prior hints at all.
Also I think it's safe to say no EVO presence at all (no tournament and no trailer) would definitively mean Bamco is done with SC6.

At this point a netcode improvement (and matchmaking) for this game is much needed. I know PC is often considered to be the best netcode out of all three versions of the game but even then it still leaves a lot to be desired.

now that we got a better look at T7's eastern european new character, does this give us any insight as to how the japanese developers view people from that region ? Possibly some insight if they were to include any future new characters from that region set back in the Soul Calibur timeline?

Is there a trope where I missed that involves a platinum blond woman with a scar across her face? Or is Ciri and Lidia just pure coincidence of design ?

Is there a trope where I missed that involves a platinum blond woman with a scar across her face? Or is Ciri and Lidia just pure coincidence of design ?
That's not a real trope as far as I know. Just an original artistic choice on Ciri's part and not quite as original artistic choice with Lidia, who is clearly inspired by Ciri, which probably goes all the way back to Bamco doing Geralt collaboration for SC6 and getting extra ideas while on it.
As far as Eastern European character tropes go, Dragunov and Jack are the most tropey.

To me Dragunov is a Russian stereotype, but I can understand why someone would consider him being Polish as it's next door and it wasn't that long ago since the end of the U.S.S.R. which Poland was a part of. Jack on the other hand would fit in the Austrian stereotype due to Arnold Schwarzenegger (for the time considering Jack's appearance was mid 90's) but that Central Europe rather than Eastern Europe as it's location is south of Germany and east of Switzerland. To me Lidia is as Polish as it gets stereotype wise (met a lot of Polish women with her look). Where I live we have a large Polish demographic so I've met and worked with a lot of them over the decades. Some of the hardest workers I've ever come across and their manners have been diamonds.

To me Dragunov is a Russian stereotype, but I can understand why someone would consider him being Polish as it's next door and it wasn't that long ago since the end of the U.S.S.R. which Poland was a part of.
We were talking about Eastern European tropes, not Polish tropes specifically. Obviously Dragunov is Russian.
Jack on the other hand would fit in the Austrian stereotype due to Arnold Schwarzenegger...
Jack has Hopak dance moves as an attack, that's definitively Ukrainian in origin. Otherwise he's a strongman (which is an international phenomenon not alien to Eastern Europe) with some robotic shenanigans mixed in.

To me Dragunov is a Russian stereotype, but I can understand why someone would consider him being Polish as it's next door and it wasn't that long ago since the end of the U.S.S.R. which Poland was a part of.
Excuse me, there's literally nothing polish about Dragunov, I have no idea where exactly you're getting that idea from.

Now LIDIA on the other hand... she looks the part, is anoying, spouts pseudo-patriotic bullcrap every half a second to the point of being cringy, and I'm sure her online handle would have PL at the end of her name. Yep, I'm polish and can 100% say she descibes "us" pretty well, as much as I hate to admit it. Only way she would be any more of a polish meme is if her name was Kowalska, but Sobieska is a very, very close second.

Last edited:
I hate to be pessimistic but based on prior trends we should have gotten an announcement by now with a release lined up for next week or two weeks from now (120 days from Hwang's release is coming soon)

I don't want to be delusional and tell you that S3 is still a strong possibility but...well something is up. We should have gotten some sort of balance patch or any kind of patch period in the last few months.

I think there is a possibility that the radio silence means either they have something planned or the game is ded but I don't know which one to pick. I guess we have to see if SC6 can get something at EVO in august.

Are you too young to know of the Warsaw Pact?
No, but it doesn't make a russian guy suddenly polish. I mean, maybe from outside it looks different than to us, but we sure as hell see a the difference :)

I think there is a possibility that the radio silence means either they have something planned or the game is ded but I don't know which one to pick. I guess we have to see if SC6 can get something at EVO in august.
We wait and see, dude, we wait and see. With crossed fingers and whatnot.

It's a shame that we probably aren't getting a season 3, because this would be the PERFECT time for a Final Fantasy cross promotion. With the Yuffie Remake DLC coming out, she'd make for a great guest character. She wields a really unique weapon that'd lead to a lot of neat CAS possibilities (so many Ninjas). They could hype it up as a 'battle of the iconic gaming ninja gals' and make art of her facing off with Taki (like the 2B vs Ivy art we got before).

Back