Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I got Setsuka nerfed because she isn't supposed to be EZ. 4B:B, 2143B:B, 1A+B JF matter now.
Setsuka EZ Normals.png

For the record, SC3 Setsuka only had one just frame and that was 1AAA.

View attachment 89333

For the record, SC3 Setsuka only had one just frame and that was 1AAA.

You forgot about ag:B, 2143B:B & 2143a:B. 2143B:B is a JF, but no flash. It's the easiest JF Setsuka has in SCIII, V, & VI. The SCIII:AE & SCIV Version is slightly delayed. Siegfried has ag:A in SCIII, but with no flash as well. The JF flash was added to ag:A in SCIII: AE. Her classic CH 33B staple in SCIII did about 100 DMG, but ag:B in SCIII was insane being i18 because Setsuka gets 2/3 life of a Safe CH, TC Launcher. 2143a:B is classic for being the main JF for all combos being i12. JI A+B LVL 1 -3, WS B, & 214B+G required JFU. WS B was a perfect +12 in the NTSC - U version of SCIII. The PAL & NTSC - U Version of SCIII made it easier being +17, on some characters at Tip Range, Setsuka could get CH 33B combos for absurd DMG. In SCIII:AE, WS B had a completely different animation on Hit.

I think he deserved the win tbh. And it was nice to see Setsuka’s general performance in an offline tournament at last.

Sadly, if there are any future patches she might be receiving a nerf, which seems to be a recurring thing for almost any character that gets into top 8 offline.

Azwel won the most SCVI S1 Tournaments didn't get nerfed till S2 with AB not being an EZ NH Launcher & CH 3A not putting characters BT. That's why Voldo was great against Azwel because of Blind Stance. Siegfried also won the most Tournaments in SCVI S1, but he got buff. I already got Setsuka nerfed by whining on Twitter & the Setsuka Discord. If I didn't the only nerf was for her 22_88K (LH). Everyone knew the no DMG Scaling wasn't going to stay. I couldn't let 6A+B & 3B+KB make the 2143B;B & 2143a:B JFs pointless. It was very EZ & consumed very little to no meter & had the same DMG when the EZ versions.

Setsuka does need buffs. 4B should be i18, Making that i20 was dumb because SCV made 1B:B harder to justify a nearly 1/2 combo, I mention Vernal Reflection a lot because it the worst Vision, Setsuka has in SCVI. Wintry is good for WoH, but it get Run Counters as well as Normal Hits. Moonlight buffing 44B+K for some DMG increase & longer range. 44B+K wasn't really useful except for A. Pat getting very high DMG Combos in SCV. Vernal is so bad because it just gets regular CHs & buffs JFU. JFU isn't as important like the SCIII & IV days. You can't get a combo into 33B unless your near the ring edge or wall. I just want Vernal Reflection to buff each JF, 214, 236 inputs by 5 DMG, make JF slides 2Fs faster, & 2143B:B & 4B:B JFs to have +2 on Hit.

I think he deserved the win tbh. And it was nice to see Setsuka’s general performance in an offline tournament at last.

Sadly, if there are any future patches she might be receiving a nerf, which seems to be a recurring thing for almost any character that gets into top 8 offline.
Oh, no doubt. Woahzz was phenomenal. Of course I don't want her to get nerfed because I'm not a fan of nerfing someone just because they did well in Top 8. I'm a fan of nerfing characters when they're dumb.

Very cool tournament, Woahzz was great, also special mention to Party Wolf vs. Skyll semifinals, that was the hypest set in a long time!
By the way, Bamco has a tendency to show SC6 trailers after Tekken 7 tournaments, so technically we still have a chance on that front.

I'm going to accept that this game is "dead" as in no more patches/dlc but will still have a devoted competitive scene (as usual). I just hope that maybe the devs worked on Liz, Yun and Rock a tiny bit and include them in SC7.

The notion that Season 2 could have been the end honestly never crossed my mind once in 2019/2020. Only in 2021 and the weird tweets/silence/nothing from devs have I been feeling its over. I assumed that they would want to get more $ from us but I guess not...

If it was taking too much time or was a burden for them they could focus more on character DLC like season 1 (even though I loved that Season 2 added stages and made the game more of a well rounded package). I think fans would have like if instead of a CAS pack + character every 4 months they could break up the 4 month gap with a cas pack in between instead. Like 2 CAS packs ala season 1 or something.

I'm going to accept that this game is "dead" as in no more patches/dlc but will still have a devoted competitive scene (as usual). I just hope that maybe the devs worked on Liz, Yun and Rock a tiny bit and include them in SC7.

The notion that Season 2 could have been the end honestly never crossed my mind once in 2019/2020. Only in 2021 and the weird tweets/silence/nothing from devs have I been feeling its over. I assumed that they would want to get more $ from us but I guess not...

If it was taking too much time or was a burden for them they could focus more on character DLC like season 1 (even though I loved that Season 2 added stages and made the game more of a well rounded package). I think fans would have like if instead of a CAS pack + character every 4 months they could break up the 4 month gap with a cas pack in between instead. Like 2 CAS packs ala season 1 or something.

SCVI Season 3 is happening & the game is getting Rollback Netcode. Most importantly Setsuka's EZ Normals are going to be removed in Season 3.

Many times i tried to go back to SC6 online but it just doesn't work, some basic stuffs need to be in like forced FT2, no created characters/only original characters, and the wifi indicator would be great too.

yup. After a tournament like that you remember how fun sc is offline. Then you reinstall the game hop in ranked and remember "Ah right, the game is barely playable online". Before including a WiFi indicator the games needs a good netcode in general.

In the last update I thought Setsuka was getting nerfed but tbh, I didn't notice Setsuka nerf at all lool, in fact, I became more batch*t after the update her patroklos input is insane I beat higher sweats like Xinhua, usually outright countered to death great patch. And now another nerf? Not shocking.

yup. After a tournament like that you remember how fun sc is offline. Then you reinstall the game hop in ranked and remember "Ah right, the game is barely playable online". Before including a WiFi indicator the games needs a good netcode in general.
Netcode improvement is essential of course but wifi indicator is almost as essential and a huge deal too, and i would guess it's way easier to implement a wifi indicator than improving the netcode, but knowing how BN will operate in case it's planned they would want to implement the 2 features simultaneously, i was surprise how many people play on Wifi when this was added to T7, usually i get like 8 wifi players for each 10 players met.

Last edited:
Online fighting games outside of the issues like netcode and all, it's so toxic also because of the bunch of subhumans that are just too toxic, i watch a reaction of Hayate crying with happiness to Hwang reveal and then i got to meet those online rank whores, this shows the contrast between the people in SC community, i just got ragequitted with my Lydia in T7 just when i was about to graduate, and the guy felt fair play at first but fuck me how i was wrong haha.

I don't understand why other fighting games don't include something similar to MK11 quitality, the guy who quit get his loss count and the one who got ragequitted will get his win count, i'm not a dev but doesn't seem that hard is it?

PS: Sorry for the long post, felt salty atm, those ragequitters bruh

Online fighting games outside of the issues like netcode and all, it's so toxic also because of the bunch of subhumans that are just too toxic, i watch a reaction of Hayate crying with happiness to Hwang reveal and then i got to meet those online rank whores, this shows the contrast between the people in SC community, i just got ragequitted with my Lydia in T7 just when i was about to graduate, and the guy felt fair play at first but fuck me how i was wrong haha.

I don't understand why other fighting games don't include something similar to MK11 quitality, the guy who quit get his loss count and the one who got ragequitted will get his win count, i'm not a dev but doesn't seem that hard is it?

PS: Sorry for the long post, felt salty atm, those ragequitters bruh
Because some people think that it’s better to act like a raging keyboard warrior as opposed to a civilized adult. It’s one thing to be salty from losing a match (and that’s fine because we all get salty once in a while) but it’s another thing to send something like death threats or telling them to kill themselves. It just makes you wanna facepalm and go “...Really?!” THAT is completely uncalled for.

It’s about the same with ragequitters too. People are just making themselves look foolish with that kind of behaviour. Especially since you never know who could be recording this shit.

And really, if someone can’t take a loss or accept the fact that they were outplayed then competitive fighting games aren’t for them. Because that’s just how it is...

Back