Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

What surprised me is they dont try to have monetized DLC weapon packs. They have all these DLCs for clothing parts, but the weapons (which is the key differentiating point for SC compared to the other fighters, aside from samsho) surprisingly hasn't had any new options.
I'd think there'd be minimal clipping and matching issues compared to clothing DLC parts.

What surprised me is they dont try to have monetized DLC weapon packs. They have all these DLCs for clothing parts, but the weapons (which is the key differentiating point for SC compared to the other fighters, aside from samsho) surprisingly hasn't had any new options.
I'd think there'd be minimal clipping and matching issues compared to clothing DLC parts.
the whole character creation aspect in tekken and soulcalibur is severely under monetized. It's baffling to see how the devs are ignoring a potential cash cow.

Like they added some free cosmetics in T7 in an update recently and its trash. And here I am buying cosmetics for other games because I like the way they look...

Creation is a big part of soulcalibur now, they should add more because people are willing to pay for them (please be quality items though). It seems like the creation stuff they add or create is very unsure/confused/half-assed at times.

the whole character creation aspect in tekken and soulcalibur is severely under monetized. It's baffling to see how the devs are ignoring a potential cash cow.

Like they added some free cosmetics in T7 in an update recently and its trash. And here I am buying cosmetics for other games because I like the way they look...

Creation is a big part of soulcalibur now, they should add more because people are willing to pay for them (please be quality items though). It seems like the creation stuff they add or create is very unsure/confused/half-assed at times.
Yup, I didn't even bother to connect for those meh t7 cosmetics, but I bought some cool outfits for my character in SFV, and I just got costumes pack in VF for my Shun. I would buy costumes for Ivy if they add some cool ones, but hey can't complain since I could make some neat and nostalgia ones with CaS.

But yh Namco are missing some opportunity Here, they should work the online and make it solid and playable, then update it for free. While adding cool and quality cosmetics for paid dlcs, I think it's fair isn't?

There better be a season 3! Rock and Aeon are the only ones left!
I will not stand for this Li Long erasure. lol
Yun-seong also exists and he is a LOT LESS similar to Hwang than Rock is to Astaroth.

I do feel like all of them could use some form of rework to make them stand out. Yun-seong and Li Long less so.

It would be nice to add a reworked Rock since Astaroth is the only big guy archetype in the game. As for Aeon/Lizardman, it would be nice to maybe mix up some of his SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V moveset alongside new moves.

yea a lot less similar. Except for he is not Kappa. You cant even see if its yun or hwang if you would look at two black sillhouettes. But hey maybe he would bring the two yun mains back into the game. Just like the two people who actively play hwang.

yea a lot less similar. Except for he is not Kappa. You cant even see if its yun or hwang if you would look at two black sillhouettes. But hey maybe he would bring the two yun mains back into the game. Just like the two people who actively play hwang.
And I oop — 😏

I'd say finishing a slightly-meh-but-kinda-usable character would require less horse power than creating a whole character from scratch.
SO I'd go with ZWEI. No, this has nothing to do with my blatant dislike of Yun as a character, seriously :D

Personally, I’ve always found Yun Seong more fun to play than Hwang, though that’s probably due to Yun having more evasive moves and (except in his SC4 version) better mobility.

Also, completing ZWEI would require more effort in my opinion as turning him into a fun, not bottom tier character seems more difficult than reworking a character with three games worth of moves to work with (and Yun did make it to mid tier in at least one of the versions of SC3).

Personally, I’ve always found Yun Seong more fun to play than Hwang, though that’s probably due to Yun having more evasive moves and (except in his SC4 version) better mobility.

Also, completing ZWEI would require more effort in my opinion as turning him into a fun, not bottom tier character seems more difficult than reworking a character with three games worth of moves to work with (and Yun did make it to mid tier in at least one of the versions of SC3).
I’d say ZWEI is more interesting and worthy than Yun, who had 3 games to truly shine and never really did. He always felt a bit “unloved” in comparison to talim, Raphael and Cassandra. Now we see that taken to a new extreme with him getting axed from SC6.

I think ZWEI already has a gimmick going for him and a flashy style once the devs get him fixed and rolling.

yun needs to get a lot of buffs and some sort of magic gimick. (It’s the law required for SC6) Perhaps he can shoot fireballs from his mouth or something.

of course project soul is good at proving us wrong. I never expected Hwang to get this much of a rework.

Ugh. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Zwei looks like the guy who gives a university freshman her first STD after he gets her drunk on natty ice. Zwei is the bassist for a ska punk band who have only ever been photographed for police line-ups. When Zwei takes off those ridiculously anachronistic patent leather Steven Tyler pants, insects abandon corpse flowers in the heart of the Indonesian jungle and fly towards Newark guided solely by the stench. And as if the static character design wasn't bad enough, Zwei holds and wields his sword in such an absurdly stupid fashion, the floating werewolf ghost strapped to his back somehow, against all odds, becomes only the second lamest and most inexplicable thing about his moveset. If you showed Michael J. Fox a clip of Zwei's fighting style, Michael would feel perfectly comfortable saying "The f*** is wrong with this spaz?" without the slightest hint of guilt or self-consciousness.

I mean, I know he's coming back eventually, but of all the characters born out of a tragic series of decisions made by Namco concept artists who hadn't been let out of their SCV crunch time cages for six months, why would we want to hasten this guy slipping back into the roster? Seriously, I would take fifteen variants on Necrid before UberDouche McHilt-Flailer.

Last edited:
Ugh. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Zwei looks like the guy who gives a university freshman her first STD after he gets her drunk on natty ice. Zwei is the bassist for a ska punk band who have only ever been photographed for police line-ups. When Zwei takes off those ridiculously anachronistic patent leather Steven Tyler pants, insects abandon corpse flowers in the heart of the Indonesian jungle and fly towards Newark guided solely by the stench. And as if the static character design wasn't bad enough, Zwei holds and wields his sword in such an absurdly stupid fashion, the floating werewolf ghost strapped to his back somehow, against all odds, becomes only the second lamest and most inexplicable thing about his moveset. If you showed Michael J. Fox a clip of Zwei's fighting style, Michael would feel perfectly comfortable saying "The f*** is wrong with this spaz?" without the slightest hint of guilt or self-consciousness.

I mean, I know he's coming back eventually, but of all the characters born out of a tragic series of decisions made by Namco concept artists who hadn't been let out of their SCV crunch time cages for six months, why would we want to hasten this guy slipping back into the roster? Seriously, I would take fifteen variants on Necrid before UberDouche McHilt-Flailer.
Hahaha! Your hatred for this character is an iconic staple of this forum. Since they've already confirmed that a teenage Zwei is around, and strongly hinted he'll be in SC7, I'm hoping he'll be less of an edgelord in his youth. Grøh is an edgelord too, but aside from the anime hair his design is tame in comparison. Maybe they'll redesign wolf boy with the same level of restraint, and rework his characterization during the events of the new timeline.

I'm also hoping they'll give Acht Viola's moveset, and turn her and Zwei into the "iconic" pair, since they're both number themed... warrior... things (the Soul lore is sillier than ever). That way they can separate Viola from Amy, and have two unique movesets in the game at the same time. I'm sure when Acht gets a little older she can adopt Viola's fashion style, and begin speaking exclusively through pretentious, middle school grade wattpad poetry (I hate Viola's personality as much as you hate Zwei's design). Maybe after the heroes defeat her she'll sustain severe brain damage.

I personally don't care about the lore at all, but clearly Project Soul does, so I'm hoping they utilize the migraine inducing timeline shenanigans to undo dumb, unnecessary stuff from V, like Amy's transformation and Sophitia's death. The Viola cameo in Amy's story should be a little nod confirming her fate in the V timeline and nothing more. Meanwhile, Sophitia should suffer two miscarriages, or somehow become barren. Some people have said that V's events should receive proper buildup, but no amount of "plot development" could ever justify replacing the iconic roster of characters with their lame successors.

Back