Soul Calibur VI on Steam

Darklight996

[01] Neophyte
This could be in the wrong section, but hoping nobody chews me out for it, like someone on Steam did. Now that we know when the release date for SC6, will Steam be posting a preorder page soon or will I have to go through gamestop? I hope I don't because they stink.

Steam put Tekken 7 up about a month before release, so I'd expect to see Soul Calibur VI around September.

It was up well before that. Just looking back through my purchase history, I pre-orded Tekken 7 on February 8th, so it was up at least 4 months before release, because I remember not pre-ordering it right away.

Considering I just realized the copy of Soul Calibur VI that I pre-ordered on amazon (15 dollars cheaper) will be unable to be played online (I don't pay to play) I guess I'm also waiting for it to drop on steam.

The deluxe edition is essentially crap for the steam version...we get no extras just the game and the season pass for 90 dollars. Wow what a disappointment.

It also doesn't help that the minimum specs to the play the game are so high even if you might be able to play the game with lower specs. It is simply misleading at the moment. If the game also has denuvo it could be even worse on PC. Time will tell I guess.

I wouldn't imagine that the PSN/XBL Digital Deluxe versions have much of anything beyond Steam. Maybe a theme. There's not really a digital equivalency for the steelbook, and I doubt they'd distribute the music digitally either.

I'm just disappointed because I wanted either the soundtrack or the artbook to be included. Otherwise why would anyone buy the digital deluxe? They could easily just buy the base game and the season pass separately down the road...no incentive for picking it up with the game.

Well, there's the season pass bonus character, who I imagine will be available at launch, and won't be purchaseable standalone until a couple months down the line or so. And the art book is only in the Collector's Edition, which isn't even on PC unless you're in Europe... I dunno, I'm not too bothered. I've got the PS4 Collector's Edition coming from Amazon and picked up the Digital Deluxe version on Steam. I'd be more bothered if I was actually playing on PS4 that the Collector's Edition doesn't come with the season pass.

I hope I can play the game on PC (gonna grab the deluxe edition for the season pass)...but I'm grabbing it on PS4 just in case my computer can't play it properly. I'll just hope someone uploads the artbook online for those of us who are unable to get it.

The deluxe edition is essentially crap for the steam version...we get no extras just the game and the season pass for 90 dollars.

It can't be 90 bucks. Just for the game and a stupid season pass. Can it? I got Tekken 7 deluxe ed. for about 70$ on steam.

It can't be 90 bucks. Just for the game and a stupid season pass. Can it? I got Tekken 7 deluxe ed. for about 70$ on steam.
It's overpriced. They are probably trying to see if people will pay for it and this will become a staple for fighting games going forward...sadly.

It's the same price on PS4 and Xbox One as well, at $90. I'm not sure what Xbox One gets, but PS4 gets a pretty lackluster theme. The extra $10 for the Deluxe Edition goes towards the steelbook and the soundtrack CD, I suppose. But it's not really a Steam-only issue, the pricing.

The deluxe edition is essentially crap for the steam version...we get no extras just the game and the season pass for 90 dollars. Wow what a disappointment.

It also doesn't help that the minimum specs to the play the game are so high even if you might be able to play the game with lower specs. It is simply misleading at the moment. If the game also has denuvo it could be even worse on PC. Time will tell I guess.
Yeah, I actually need to get a new vid card to meet the minimum reqs. I don't mind Denuvo too much. Every game I've played w/ Denuvo has ran fine.

The $90 for a stipped down deluxe ed is a bit irking tho. Really rubs me the wrong way. Especially it needing to be pre-ordered just to get Tira. But oh well. My choice is to either not get it in hopes of not contributing to enabling publishers to do this, or just pay the extra for all characters (which I would do eventually anyway, most likely).

Back